Code of Conduct

Default Fathers Day Surprise

I've been a little off the grid lately and haven't really been exploring buying in the last year until this past month. I've written on here before that my wife has never gotten the hobby and only has a couple of mine ..Burberry London and TdH..that she likes. Two days before Fathers Day though she said she asked one of her guy friends what to get me and he said Aventus. She looked it up and said she refused to pay $300 but would look at smaller sizes. I also told her Aventus wasn't a favorite but she could decide herself. In the end she took my 2 daughters who are 6 and 5 with her while I was in hotel with my son. We are staying off Mag Mile for weekend while work on our house was done. They came back 2 hours later and after multiple stores and sniff tests my present was...

Bleecker St. I couldn't be happier. Great for this time of year and I catch whiffs hours after. I thought they did good
    Last edited by ToughCool; 16th June 2014 at 09:10 PM.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Default Re: Fathers Day Surprise

It's a very nice scent, congrats on the very nice gift. And, Happy Father's Day.
    Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project.

*** NEW Lavhim (Lavender, Incense, Candle Wax, Clove, Fir Needles, Cognac & Green Leaves)*** / Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture.)

Basenotes Institution

That's so sweet. Enjoy!
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Congrats! Looks like they did a great job.
    Top 10:
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Creed Himalaya
    Creed Silver Mountain Water
    Creed Royal Oud
    Tom Ford Tuscan Leather
    Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille
    Tom Ford Italian Cypress
    Bleu de Chanel
    Serge Lutens Chergui
    Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense

Bleecker is among the best Bond's offerings.

GIT in green bottle what a great gift...enjoy
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Congratulations, what a wonderful surprise! A great fragrance treat to be enjoyed!

That's awesome! I wore that a few days ago and my wife really liked it on me. Your family did well.

One of my favorites - and my wife's second favorite scent on me.

Congratulations and enjoy!
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    6. Puredistance - Black
    7. Tom Ford - Plum Japonais
    8. Neela Vermeire - Trayee
    9. Creed - Royal Oud
    10. Chanel - Egoiste

Awesome! Happy Father's Day!

Nice Congrats.

I think they made a great choice, as I like it a lot myself. It's very versatile and pretty much universally liked.
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Vetiver Geranium, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...Ess-de-Cerruti

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome Private Collection, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Pure White Cologne, Vetiver Geranium, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

They did awesome...I own and love this one!! Great story too.

That's a lovely story - thanks for posting, Tough Cool.
    Directory contribution link:-
    http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

What a nice thing for your family to do! Congrats.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    That's awesome! I wore that a few days ago and my wife really liked it on me. Your family did well.
    Thanks Chuck and EVERYONE who replied! Good to see y'all

Bleeker has always been my favorite from the Bond line. Funny part is she didn't know anything about Bond. She didn't know I liked Bleeker St. Doesn't know anything about Creed. She basically just went to Niemans and Saks. She smelled Aventus and she and my girls gave it a thumbs down. They tried Wall St and Chez Bond also. And I think they tested a bunch of others. My girls love smelling cologne. They were really excited to do this and it was my first niche present and their first foray into it. Sweet of them to try so hard. It lasts all day on me too with minimal sprays so that helps!
    Last edited by ToughCool; 16th June 2014 at 08:11 PM.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Thank's for sharing this. Your family really did an effort to get you something you love. Enjoy the scent and your family!

That's awesome!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Great pick!(and sooooo sweet of them, high five to your fam!) I didn't know Bond scents were any cheaper than Creed's though?

Quote Originally Posted by bigbz View Post
    Great pick!(and sooooo sweet of them, high five to your fam!) I didn't know Bond scents were any cheaper than Creed's though?
    Thanks. I think the price points are still high. I haven't checked in a bit but she spent somewhere in the $200 range I believe for this bottle..1.7 fl oz whereas I think the small Creeds are 1.0 fl oz and $180. She just didn't want to go $300 or more for larger bottles. I'm proud of her for doing this. Better enjoy it..lol
    --Ben Hogan

Quote Originally Posted by magnus611 View Post
    GIT in green bottle what a great gift...enjoy
    ...??!?

I don't get a similarity to GIT from Bleecker St. Bleecker is the only scent I've worn where a complete stranger on the street complimented me. He said "Are you wearing cologne? It's really good. I mean, REALLY good." Granted, it was pretty strong at the moment since I'd just sprayed my wrist with it at Nordstrom less than 10 minutes before... but still... it was a nice compliment. That was the first time I'd ever worn Bleecker. It took me ages before I finally committed to buying a bottle.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Quote Originally Posted by bigbz View Post
    Many can be found online for around, or even under, $100. After discounts and cash back from fragrancenet, ebates and my credit card, I think I got Bleecker new for around $90, which isn't bad. In stores, the prices are kind of brutal though.

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Many can be found online for around, or even under, $100. After discounts and cash back from fragrancenet, ebates and my credit card, I think I got Bleecker new for around $90, which isn't bad. In stores, the prices are kind of brutal though.

Oh wow, had no idea you could get them that cheap....not bad at all for under a Benjamin!

Yep, Fragrancenet sells many Bonds now. I haven't checked at any other online discounters, but I would think the Fragrancenet price would be pretty hard to beat with their wide array of discounts.
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Vetiver Geranium, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...Ess-de-Cerruti

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome Private Collection, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Pure White Cologne, Vetiver Geranium, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

More than the fragrance, it's the thought and effort behind the gift that speak volumes. Enjoy the Father's Day gift, you lucky dude!

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    More than the fragrance, it's the thought and effort behind the gift that speak volumes. Enjoy the Father's Day gift, you lucky dude!
    Yup! But it sure is nice when the fragrance is so good - and unique! Other than RL Purple Label, which is quite rare, I can't think of anything that smells like Bleecker St.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Thankls Agree!It made my day that they went out of their way to do something they knew I'd be excited about
    --Ben Hogan