Code of Conduct

Default S.O.T.D. — Tuesday, 17 June, 2014.

Good morning! Guerlain Cherry Blossom.

Default Re: S.O.T.D. — Tuesday, 17 June, 2014.

hello all,

Blog Entries

Good morning, Katsumi & everyone!

Acqua di Gioia today.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone. Ginestet Botrytis for me today.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Oud by Franck Boclet

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

image.jpg

JPG, Fleur du Male
    Last edited by TheOpiumJuices; 17th June 2014 at 11:09 AM.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,MPG - Parfum D΄Habit

Thumbs up Re: S.O.T.D. — Tuesday, 17 June, 2014.

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Hello, everyone!
    Nicolai - Musc monoi, a recent blind buy, just arrived in the mail yesterday.
    No more blind buys! ;
    Last edited by Vernona; 17th June 2014 at 11:58 AM.

Caron N'Aimez Que Moi

House of Matriarch Bohemian Black

Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project. Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture.) / Bespoke 8.30.14 (Apple, Cavendish Pipe Tobacco, Vanilla, Smoke, Woods & Resin.)

***MadHat Samples now available at Surrender to Chance here.

SALES THREAD Slumberhouse, CdG & More...

Hello all.

Guerlain Mouchoir de Monsieur
    DONNA

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Tommy Bahama for Men this morning
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

queen of the universe

Good morning and think you for all the kinds words. Last night's Balahι lingers, so I shall go with it's sweaty floral comforts again today. Does anyone else here love this stuff? The presentation is beautiful, too.

nd.3915.jpg
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Hello everyone,

I am sampling Amber Oud by By Kilian today. I like the top notes so far.

Have a good day.

Vintage Guerlain Jicky extrait layered with current Jicky eau de parfum.

My alarm clock didn't go off today so I woke up late for work. It's working out though I was going to take an early day anyways to go help with Harvesters food pantry so I just stayed home. Then later today we are having a party for one of my daughter's birthday.
    Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel. Proverbs 27:9 KJV

Basenotes Plus

Good afternoon all and congratulations to the lovely danieq

SotD is Penhaligon's Endymion.

Good morning, good smelling people.

The honda is dead, long live the honda. Driving home yesterday a man ran a stop sign and hit the front end of my car on the passenger side so hard that the axle broke and it was thrown through the neighbor's fence and hedge. Astonishingly neither he or I seem to be injured, but the car I am pretty sure is not fixable. Insurance has provided a rental while things are sorted out and I am back at work.

Wearing Keiko Meicheri Datura Blanche today.

Sorry to hear about the car, but glad to hear you're ok Robin!
    Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project. Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture.) / Bespoke 8.30.14 (Apple, Cavendish Pipe Tobacco, Vanilla, Smoke, Woods & Resin.)

***MadHat Samples now available at Surrender to Chance here.

SALES THREAD Slumberhouse, CdG & More...

Congrats on 2000, danieq!

Roberto: *Big inhale.* You smell soooo good.

Robin, sorry to hear the bad news about your car. That must have been a very scary wreck to be in and thankfully only the car got hurt. It is a bad month for Hondas. My grandma totaled hers last week - it was a 2002 with over 350,000 miles on it. It's really amazing not more wrecks happen when you think of all the nutcases out there on the road. SO glad you're OK.

I'm in Van Cleef & Arpels Bois d'Iris today. I forgot to spritz perfume this morning but had a decant of this tucked in my bag. It worked out great - this is hitting the spot.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller

Dior Homme Eau for Men

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vernona View Post
    Hello, everyone!
    Nicolai - Musc monoi, a recent blind buy, just arrived in the mail yesterday.
    No more blind buys! ;
    Does that mean you don't like it, Vernona? l've not tried this one & l'd be interested in your thoughts on it.

Congrats to danieq on your milestone!

Robin, that sounds pretty scary, glad you're ok! And Erin, l hope your gran is ok too.

SOTE yet to be decided...
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

(Art by Cazzanova)

Tolu by Ormonde Jayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    Does that mean you don't like it, Vernona? l've not tried this one & l'd be interested in your thoughts on it.

Congrats to danieq on your milestone!

Robin, that sounds pretty scary, glad you're ok! And Erin, l hope your gran is ok too.

SOTE yet to be decided...
    yap..unfortunately don't like it. At all. I sold it already! well, you know me, I was hoping for a coconut suntan lotion kind of scent. Well this isn't it. Patricia's inspiration was Ambre solaire suntan lotion, and I used to use that long time ago, together with coppertone and hawaiian tropic and I somehow thought it all smelled pretty much the same, sweet, tropical and coconutty...well, obviously not. I also adore the smell of Monoi oil and use it regularly as my moisturizer but this has nothing to do with that. it is a musc allright, just no monoi...there is a faint resemblance to a muted kind of monoi-wannabe but nothing I would want to own..I get musc, ylang ylang and a hint of lemon, that's it!

Thumbs up Re: S.O.T.D. — Tuesday, 17 June, 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by ErinK View Post
    Congrats on 2000, danieq!

Roberto: *Big inhale.* You smell soooo good.

Robin, sorry to hear the bad news about your car. That must have been a very scary wreck to be in and thankfully only the car got hurt. It is a bad month for Hondas. My grandma totaled hers last week - it was a 2002 with over 350,000 miles on it. It's really amazing not more wrecks happen when you think of all the nutcases out there on the road. SO glad you're OK.

I'm in Van Cleef & Arpels Bois d'Iris today. I forgot to spritz perfume this morning but had a decant of this tucked in my bag. It worked out great - this is hitting the spot.
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Breathing a sigh of relief that you're OK, ((Robyn)). That's some scary wreck! Hugs to ((ErinK's gran)), too.

((Mike)), this is me giving you an "atta-boy" hug. I'm glad you're out and about again.

I'm still lemming tuberose. Today it's the divine Carnal Flower.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by ErinK View Post
    It never fails ! - one of my very favourite irises

Robin, I'm extremely relieved to hear that you came through yesterday unscathed

SotE Creed Royal Water.

CONGRATULATIONS ON 2000 Danieq!!!!

I forgot post my Sotd... Fuel For Life Diesel...

Blog Entries

​Bond- Chinatown

So Elixir

Loved this! Will be hunting for it tonight, thanks for the reminder about this scent.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vernona View Post
    yap..unfortunately don't like it. At all. I sold it already! well, you know me, I was hoping for a coconut suntan lotion kind of scent. Well this isn't it. Patricia's inspiration was Ambre solaire suntan lotion, and I used to use that long time ago, together with coppertone and hawaiian tropic and I somehow thought it all smelled pretty much the same, sweet, tropical and coconutty...well, obviously not. I also adore the smell of Monoi oil and use it regularly as my moisturizer but this has nothing to do with that. it is a musc allright, just no monoi...there is a faint resemblance to a muted kind of monoi-wannabe but nothing I would want to own..I get musc, ylang ylang and a hint of lemon, that's it!
    Thanks Vernona, l'll cross that one off my test list! l adore monoi too & Hawaiian Tropic, yum! lf you do find a fragrance that smells of that, let me know immediately!

Coccobello this evening.

I will, don't worry if I find it someday I'll celebrate!! No luck so far...don't understand why nobody would make such a fragrance, how hard can it be, obviously people at hawaiian tropic succeded...or is it that they think that people wouldn't care for such frag...don't know...yet I do know quite a few people that would enjoy it!! We share similar taste teardrop!! ♡♡
    And you smell nice, I love Cocobello but on my husband, just perfect! On me, tad too green!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Good afternoon to all.

I wore Eau de Guerlain this morning and am in (the divine) Une Fleur de Cassie now.

Robin, so glad you are okay. Cars can always be replaced. Although having said that, I realize there's nothing I dislike as much as car shopping.

My SOTE: Armani Code Summer

Amouage Reflection Man this evening for my daughter's birthday party and now ending the night with Caron Third Man.
    Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel. Proverbs 27:9 KJV

Basenotes Plus

evening all.
    L'Occitane Miel and Citron
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Robin, sorry about your car but glad you're okay.

ErinK, you smell divine.

i'm wearing illuminum Rose Oud again today.
    Betsy
    Items in my wardrobe not in the fragrance directory:
    Exhilarators (Elizabeth Arden Bath and Body Spa from 1980's - no relation to Sun Flowers )
    Chanel No. 5 Voile

queen of the universe

Had quite a day. I needed to sign some papers downtown, about ten miles from home. I decided it was time to take me and my new hip on a bike ride. Less than a mile in, a "stealth" pothole reached up and grabbed my front tire, and sent my flying. I don't believe I have EVER been thrown from a bike before. The hip (right) is fine! Road rash on left knee and left elbow, and a bruised palm and thumb to the right, thus keeping me away from the piano for a few days. Just as well; the Beast is to be tuned Friday, and is out of sorts just now. Am I badass to the bone (and titanium)? Yes I am! I picked myself up, got on the bike and continued on. The ride included some frozen custard, a visit with my son at the hospital as it was on the way home, and two stops on the way home (it's all downhill down town, and all uphill the return trip—500 ft change in elevation) where I was welcomed to sit with people on their porch or in chairs on the driveway enjoying life. I'm sure I'll wake up in the morning aching like the devil, but it was worth it. SOTN is a smidge of my Weil rarity, Noir

A pleasant night to all, well, except for those to whom I'm wish a good morning or afternoon!
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!