Code of Conduct

Question What Makes These Colognes Smell "Sexy"?!?!?

Hey guys, I am pretty picky when it comes to colognes, and when I find one I need it to smell "sexy" out of the Bottle! But, I am very curious what the common ingredients are in some of the cologne--some VERY cheap and most inexpensive--that makes them smell sooooo sexy, and makes 'em tick!? They are (off the top of my head): Eternity for Men (Calvin Klein); Really Ripped Abs (Bod Man); Euphoria for Men (Calvin Klein)....

Default Re: What Makes These Colognes Smell "Sexy"?!?!?

The person who is wearing them.

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Damn, exactly word for word of what i was going to say! I was only 3 minutes too late.

HAHAHA!!!! Brilliant answers!!! Forgive me for asking, but out of curiosity, are you two fellas both "family"? Even if it wasn't me wearing these colognes, when I smell it on another man I'd want to "get VERY up close and personal"! Actually, I was looking for a cologne at Sears and it took me forever to find Euphoria! They asked me the sorts of colognes that I wore, which they described as "fresh" or something, though I used the term "sexy",, and they kept whipping out all of these colognes with heavy cedar notes (one even smelling like the ocean!), and those are entirely unappealing until they brought out the Euphoria. Pity about the price, though. :P

Eternity is a fav and euphoria intense is awesome also. Don't question the magic lol
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Oh, and Curve Soul for Men is also DELICIOUS and uber-sexy as well! (Aye....I have champagne taste and a beer budget!)

They are all unique and wonderful, but there's just something IN them that actually turns ME on, as silly as that sounds to admit, which is what draws me to them. I remember growing up that me and my younger brother were always given a new bottle of Stetson cologne. I HATED IT!!! LOL! But, my brother wore it religiously, I think, because it made him feel more mature because I think he despised being a child and not being able to tell others what to do, etc. Anyway, I wonder if they've changed the formula, because I smelled it about 10 years ago, and it smells GOOD to my surprise and amazement!!!

The perception of the person smelling them.

They are far, far from sexy from my perspective, but what is important is that you enjoy them.
    Considering the scents I'm going to vaguely point in the direction of some cheap "fresh" synthetic aromachemical
    Signature Scent

Well, off the top of my head, they don't really share any dominant note. Though, they do all share a very synthetic smelling fresh and woodsy accord. Yes it's probably a certain aromachecmical. I don't much care for any of them, although I do think Really Ripped Abs is pretty nice, as well as underrated.. women love it too for me. I recently was at Dollar Tree and bought one of those tree air fresheners, this one was called "Black Ice", I'm about 99% sure that they sprayed it with Really Ripped Abs. I've had a few different people in the car since, a couple girls, and everyone was asking what the smell was and if they made a perfume.. so I just recommended Bod Really Ripped Abs. Until I actually smelled Really Ripped Abs aka Black Ice, lingering in the air, I never realized just how desirable it was.. wow it's some sexy stuff. I will have to get a bottle of it again soon.
    My Current Top 10:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)
    Burberry London (2006)
    Prada Amber pour Homme (2006)
    Live Jazz (1998)
    Eau des Baux (2006)
    Midnight in Paris EDP (2010)
    Arpege pour Homme (2005)
    Eau Duelle (2010)

...the person who smells it and finds it sexy...

Quote Originally Posted by Darjeeling View Post
    The perception of the person smelling them.
    This.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

The answer would be if any lady smells me wearing them.

"Sexy" is an adjective I have never used to describe a scent.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    4. by Kilian - Incense Oud
    5. Puredistance - Black
    6. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    7. Armani Privé - Oud Royal
    8. Brückner - Aoud 1
    9. Creed - Royal English Leather
    10. House of Matriarch - Blackbird

Basenotes Plus

How 'sexy' does it have to be?

For an example, if it scores 7, is that sexy enough or are we talking only scores of 8 and over?

I am sure that there must be a 'sexy' scale that every person in the world trusts and believes - surely you just need to check the official records?

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    LOL

It's all just a matter of taste. Personally, I wouldn't describe any of these fragrances as "sexy," but that doesn't meany someone else might not just go crazy for them. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Not so much the actual notes in them, perhaps far more how these very notes are perceived by certain persons. Thus tending to agree that it mainly depends on personal tastes, preferences, circumstances far more than the specific fragrance as an universal, "one size fits all" solution.

Self confidence adorn with a scent that induces more of it to shine.
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Matter of opinion!

Scent memory is one of the strongest memories we have, so I would suggest that those scents you find sexy are thise that carry a provocative memory for you. It is in the mind of the person smelling. I get complements of smelling "sexy" from different people when wearing many different scents. So it is a combination of the person and how he carries himself and the person smelling.
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Only know Eternity out of these. I have no idea why people would find it sexy, or other things such as trainers or track bottoms.

Basenotes Plus

When they are very lightly applied...

Basenotes Plus

Playboy #generation FOR HIM Playboy for men

Hugh Hefner swears by this and his girls think he is $$$exy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dependent

I agree with those who say the reactions of those who smell them. My wife adores Tuscan leather, GIT, and Aventus so those are scents I associate with being sexy
    Seasonal rotation:

Original Santal
    Apple Brandy
    Tuscan Leather
    Silver Mountain Water
    Lyric Man

Many seem to associate oriental scents as warm and romantic and therefore sexy.
    Some also find fresh fougeres to be sexy.

Sexy is in the nose of the beholder.

While I do agree that is a matter of personal taste and ultimately "sexiness" in smell lays in the nose of the other person, I think there are commonalities as well as subtle differences amongst the abstract category of "sexy scents".

I'd say there are three general kinds of "sexy" smell as I understand it:

The "clean" type of sexy, the one you associate with citric, freshy, aquatics or soapy scents like Prada Amber pour Homme, Acqua di Gio, Bleu de Chanel, Versace pour Homme, even Victoria's Secret Very Sexy for Him. Casual, simple go-to scents that you associate with an active man.

The "yummy" type of sexy, the gourmand that smells edible. New Harleem, the drydown of DHI, Rochas Man, the Angel line,some of the Profumum Roma's, etc. You smell like breakfast, but somehow that smells sexy.

And finally the animalic or dark fragrances. Black Afgano, Kinski, Tuscan Leather, Scent Intense, even some of the Narciso Rodriguez... most of them "dirty" kind of fragrances in some regard, but very sexy to some women. I recommend this great article to this regard: http://perfumeshrine.blogspot.com.es...-animalic.html

For a smell to be "sexy" it has to go hand in hand with your overall image. If you wear Tobaco Vanille with shorts and a lousy T-Shirt, don't expect much positive attention. Now, if you're dressed up and act confidently, scents like TV, Tuscan Leather, Dior Homme,... they enhance that sexy image.

</rant>
    Last edited by bluecore; 18th June 2014 at 12:46 AM.
    "Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp,
    Or what's a heaven for?"

- Robert Browning, "Andrea del Sarto"

Quote Originally Posted by BRM85282 View Post
    LOL

It's all just a matter of taste. Personally, I wouldn't describe any of these fragrances as "sexy," but that doesn't meany someone else might not just go crazy for them. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    Agreed, there's just something about them that conjures physical and emotional responses associated with passion and romance. They make me feel that blush of a first kiss.

I agree with most others that this is entirely subjective and contextual (your own associations, preferences, etc.). For me, not all fragrances that smell GOOD also smell SEXY. It's indeed its own category, but my version will be different from others. As for reactions from others, I've had "ooh what IS that?" sexy reactions to the likes of Absolue Pour Le Soir, Vetiver Extraordinaire, CdG Jaisalmer, Epic Man, and Dior Homme.

Quote Originally Posted by MacMorrighan View Post
    Really Ripped Abs (Bod Man);
    I remember getting the gift set of Bod Man for Christmas 2004. Really Ripped Abs is certainly amazing. I had used up the bottle by Febuary/March. So good!

EDIT:

According to the product description on Walmart.com:

You will experience a “just out of the shower” clean with citrus notes of bergamot and mandarin orange followed by a fresh, natural outdoorsy sensation that includes crisp green sage and masculine notes of geranium and lavender. The powerful sex appeal comes from the sexy warm musk, creamy sandalwood and energizing cedarwood.
    Last edited by xoxoMyke; 18th June 2014 at 04:46 PM. Reason: adding description of notes
    Never leave the house without six sprays.

My Top 5:
    1. Perry Ellis "m"
    2. Body Kouros
    3. Black XS
    4. 1 Million
    5. Black Orchid