Code of Conduct

Default Dior Homme Vs Dior Homme Intense

Is it worthy to pay more for the intense? Are there any significant differences in the projection? Smelled both but can't really tell the differences overall.. I think that the intense is sweeter..
    Someone with more experience on them could possibly inform me.. Is the intense one too strong to pull of at a summer night?

Thanks in advance, Mike!

Default Re: Dior Homme Vs Dior Homme Intense

Same ADN, but different perfumers and different fragrances overall.

DHI is not only sweeter, but sexier. Too playful for a formal environment I'd say, perfect for a night out, a date,... if it's a not very hot summer night I think you can pull it off, just be careful with the trigger. I'm talking about the pre-reformulation formula, but the new one I've heard is very close though.

DH is more formal, slightly more elegant, more versatile. I love the newest formula, much more wearable.

Own and love both.
    "Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp,
    Or what's a heaven for?"

- Robert Browning, "Andrea del Sarto"

Wow thanks all i wanted to know!

Quote Originally Posted by fatals View Post
    Is it worthy to pay more for the intense?
    It's worth it to have both IMO. Can't remember how much more the intense version is though.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

It's not that much more expensive, but i don't know if the non instense is having projection and longevity problems...

I have the original DH and find it fresher than the somewhat sticky newer DHI.
    DH stays fairly close to the skin while DHI projects more.

Both have about the same longevity on my skin, vintage DH and DHI (2013.) For me, it's the projection and iris that differ. If you want something a little more smooth, yet loud in terms of projection...go w/ DHI.

Thanks guys, i'll go for the DHI, want something that projects!

Absolutely. It's also worth owning the Sport flanker as well.

To my nose, they are both quite different. And DHI is also very suitable for summer wear, even if also very strong enough to last and project far more than the regular DH.

Dependent

Not worth it IMO. My cousin sold me his, luckily for me he's family so he gave me my money back. I have Dior Homme so it made no sense for me, plus its super one-dimensional. One plus to having both, is your DHI will last forever because its not very versatile and you'll almost never reach for it
    Seasonal rotation:

Original Santal
    Apple Brandy
    Tuscan Leather
    Silver Mountain Water
    Lyric Man

Only you can decide what is worth more of your money, and in this case, I'd think the answer will depend on your needs. I wouldn't blind buy either one though.

Dior Homme is more versatile.
    Dior Homme Intense is more for special occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by bluecore View Post
    DHI is not only sweeter, but sexier. Too playful for a formal environment I'd say, perfect for a night out, a date,...

DH is more formal, slightly more elegant, more versatile. I love the newest formula, much more wearable.
    I agree completely, and I'd add that, for me, DHI is hard to wear if the weather isn't cool enough. I could never wear it in the summer - not even on a cool summer evening. But in fall or winter, it's outstanding.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

DHI would be your best bet IMO.

Folks what are the thoughts on the vintage Dior Homme juice for someone that has only experienced the reformulated Intense?

I've been offered a bottle of it and am thinking of buying it to see what all the fuss is about, how does it compare to the Intense version in terms of composition. projection and longevity?

Cheers