Code of Conduct

Default Layering Black March

Looking for some advice.

I recently purchased a sample of Black March by CB I Hate Perfume. I absolutely love it but I have the same issue as a number of others: would I wear it? I can see it being a fragrance I wear around the house just to smell on myself. So i was thinking about layering it with something else, however I don't have a lot of experience with layering fragrances. I only have a 2ml sample and don't want to waste it creating rancid concoctions with my lack of layering experience, so I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions?

I have the following available:

Hermès - Un Jardin sur le Nil
    Hermès - Eau de Pamplemousse Rose
    Hermès - Eau d'Orange Verte
    Lacoste - Style in Play
    Chanel - Egoiste
    Aramis - Havana
    Czech and Speake - Cuba
    Creed - GIT
    Acqua di Parma - Fico di Amalfi

Any other suggestions are welcome though as I'd really like to justify buying a bottle of this stuff. I also picked up a sample of CBIHP - Tea/Rose at the same time which I thought might work well but I'm concerned it's a little too feminine.

Default Re: Layering Black March

Hi & welcome, HRLQN

We'll move this to our Just Starting Out section as it should attract more replies over there.

Thanks.
    Directory contribution link:-
    http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

Default Re: Layering Black March

er tough call. I've smelled this one and worn it a few times. Boggy dirt with a little milk thrown in give or take. Maybe figs and dirt? so the AdP Fico. I'd probably pair it with something earthy or woody or green or incense, so say lavender, or cedar or galbanum, or light smoke/incense, etc
    NEW SPLIT - By Kilian A Taste of Heaven (full 50ml bottles). .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads