Code of Conduct

Default S.O.T.D. — Thursday, 19 June, 2014.

Good morning! Guerlain L'Heure Bleue.

Default Re: S.O.T.D. — Thursday, 19 June, 2014.

Hello all. Apres L'Ondee edt old style.
    DONNA

Bonjour! My last morning in Paris. The air is scented in lilac at the moment, the days are gloriously warm and it's exceedingly difficult to leave this place. I've spent most of my time here in Guerlinade which really does smell so much like lilac it's spicy, pretty, floral softness.

Spent yesterday hunting for some heels to wear to the opera (success! Manage to nab the last pair in all of Paris ). I did get a bit lost around St-Germain and stumbled on the Annick Goutal store which is gorgeous. I also found the Nicolaο and ELDO store near where I'm staying in Marais.

Everything sounds better in French and those French men know it. Off to the opera tonight so reporting ahead of time this evening I will be in vintage Cuir de Russie extrait and the sexiest heels I've ever laid eyes on.

Enjoy your day gang.
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Good morning everyone Today I'm doing housechores while listening to Joy Division Sotd is L'ombre dans l'eau.

L'Eau Du Dimance by Lostmarc'h

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Amouage Interlude Man
    Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel. Proverbs 27:9 KJV

Attachment 29124

Dior, Dior Homme Pour Homme

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel today
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Heading off for a seminar day in Lanvin's magical My Sin...being off the ICU for the day almost feels sinful these days.

Thumbs up Re: S.O.T.D. — Thursday, 19 June, 2014.

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone. Bvlgari Jasmin Noir for me.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

hello all,

Hello all, Dolce Acqua again today

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Who here wouldn't like to be in Xscent’s sexy shoes in Paris for at least a few minutes today? Guys?

Jon, the best part of your gracious invitation is the notion of sitting down with a glass of red wine and you.

Since project #1 today is trapping and chauffeuring feral kittens to the Humane Society, I'm wearing the civet “cat” scent Jicky. A juvenile ermine appears to have joined the litter under our porch, too. Wish I'd had the camera when most of the kittens and the ermine were gathered around my feet yesterday after I sat down a plate and sang, “Tuna! Tuna! Tuna!”

Above: “I just finished playing tether ball with the flowerheads on the chives and lavender.”
    Below: Ermine (short-tailed weasel) photo from Wikipedia.
    Last edited by Quarry; 19th June 2014 at 06:23 PM.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Good morning all!

Bonjour Xscent! I'm glad you're having a good trip, I need to visit France soon before the little French that I do know fades to nothing.

Anat Fritz Tzora - It's been a while, every time I try this...I'm floored. This is a little "dirtier" via vetiver/pepper version of Terre d'Hermes, but done much more masterfully IMO. Not for the ISO-E sensitive, but this fragrance is an incredible year-rounder. It comes with a wonderful bottle too!

Serge Lutens La Fille de Berlin

Good morning!

I'm happy today - my parents are coming for a few days' visit! They are bringing their adorable cocker spaniel, so Rocky will be in heaven with a playmate for a few days.

Quarry, that little kitten is so stinkin' adorable! I wish I could have seen the ermine, too. I am happy to see you are trapping them and taking them in, but it also makes me sad to see feral cats. Are they friendly at all or just completely wild? I hope there is at least a chance they can be adopted.

In 31 Rue Cambon.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller

Good morning,

I am sampling Cashmere Mist today. It's unbelieveable that I've never tried this enduring popular fragrance.

Have a good day!

queen of the universe

Dear XScent, I've been reading and enjoying your adventures, and the fetching photos with our JR.

Today, I'm wearing Coach Legacy, a gift from a friend and not my usual animalic stink-fest. What? Fresh? And why? WHY? Because it reminds me of my friend, and just to go somewhere different, fragrance-wise. Once the unwanted melon note is out of the way, I get springy florals and a very nice wood. I need to try 21°c perfumes more often.

Here's a video from a recital I performed in. The young oboist I am accompanying is talented. The piece, the 1st movement of the Poulenc oboe sonata was new to me and a challenge. There's some train-wreckedness on my part toward the middle, but mostly I am happy with it. Maybe it's my age, maybe it's my absence from performing, but learning something new and sustaining concentration for the five minutes it takes to perform was a challenge. I could play any four or eight measures well, but stringing all those phrases together, well, that is something else. Poulenc's slightly off-kilter, all-fingers-required lounge-y harmonies in the right hand and left-hand grabs of low notes thrown in—it's complicated! And so f'n gorgeous. Hope I get to have another stab at it one day, for the challenge, for its jolie-laide beauty/acerbity/melancholy, and for a chance to get it righter. I wore Cabochard. An even better choice would have been Jacomo Silences.

Last edited by jujy54; 19th June 2014 at 04:41 PM. Reason: misspellings, etc.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Good morning. I am in body shop coconut body butter and Sara Horowitz Perfect Coconut Milk perfume oil. I got a compliment from a lady who has been looking for a coconut scent without success. Hopefully she can score some of this, it's lovely. If you like coconut.

Basenotes Institution

Still sicky poo (blech!) so the only fragrance I could muster was this vintage Crabtree & Evelyn Sandalwood soap I just got:

Xscent - ((jealous))
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

queen of the universe

Oh, mike, feel better soon! You might try dabbing some chicken soup. . . (;
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Basenotes Plus

Kiliwia(you have been missed)

Mrs Q, this is the watering hole where Xscent and I shamelessly indulged - one of those chairs has your name on it .

L'Occitane Eaux Des Baux.

Look after yourself,Mike
    Hope you are feeling better for the weekend.

Wearing YR Naturelle.

Ah, trip reports from Xscent!! I've missed a few things the last few days - and Erin is copying my scent of the last two days (we seem to like a lot in common!)

But today I am in Hermes Kelly Caleche, a scent I like but don't love. I sort of just grabbed it quick this AM.

Basenotes Plus

SotE - TDH Parfum.

AB Silver

Good afternoon to all. I am wearing No. 5.

Erin, enjoy parents and cocker spaniel both.

Xscent, I'm jealous, too. Though in a happy-for-you way, of course.

Mike, feel better soon.

Quarry, cute kitty.

Rynegne, cute bottle. A bottle with a sweater seems perfect for Chicago, doesn't it?

Jon, amazing photo of amazing watering hole.

Faconnable for me today!!!

Blog Entries

Evening all,

Xscent; sounds like you're having a fabulous trip. We need pics of those new sexy heels!

Mike; feel better soon!

Kiliwia; lovely to see you!

l'm enjoying a couple of days off. SOTD was Coppertone for more sunbathing, now wearing Nuit Andalouse, sipping a chilled glass of rose & about to settle down to watch the England game.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Plus

(Art by Divinity9981)

Feminite du Bois by Serge Lutens

Have a great day, everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yoohoo everybody! Long time no chat

I'm wearing Prada L'Eau Ambree today for helping a friend start clearing up a very neglected flat. She's bringing the boxes and I'm sorting, filing and packing from my position in my recliner, since my knee seems to have packed up for good now.

When we've done her flat we need to start getting my house ready to sell so that I can move into somewhere that will enable me to get around inside at least. I may not be able to do much but I'm sure that I can point and tell people what to do
    'I suggest we learn to love ourselves before it's made illegal.'

Blog Entries

Guerlain- Derby

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Wish I'd had the camera when most of the kittens and the ermine were gathered around my feet yesterday after I sat down a plate and sang, “Tuna! Tuna! Tuna!”
    Ha! I sing "Tuna, Tuna, Tuna!" too when I put down a dish of my cat's favorite food (9 Lives Tuna & Egg). I sing it to the tune of "Lou, Lou, skip to my Lou." Early on after we got the cat, I started singing different things when I put down different flavors of his cat food. Anyway, he recognizes it!

Basenotes Institution

((Waving to sfmedusa and 30Roses))

Still sickie-poo. No fragrance for me.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Histoires de Parfums Tubereuse Animale tonight.
    Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel. Proverbs 27:9 KJV

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Finishing up tonight in Montana Parfum d'Homme .
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Winding down. I wore Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire EDP to work today. I did not expect this fragrance to be so wonderful in summer heat. (Wore it through the loonngg winter)....but it is. Switched to Cartier's Baiser Vole Essence de Parfum for the gym (highly recommended). After a late, evening shower, I'm going to wear what has almost become a signature scent for me...Bottega Veneta Eau Legere. Night all.
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

Doing some skin testing again tonight with my next scent. It contains a light musk (non-animal), citrus, rose, oud, spruce, vetiver and sandalwood.