Code of Conduct

Default Amouage Gold Man pour Homme - Not animalic (?)

I recently got a sample of this in current formulation and I like it very much, really high quality and natural smelling floral. It's dandy, decadent and old school.

But I get NO civet or animalic notes at all! Has this been reformulated or is it just blended and balanced so well with the other notes?

amouage-gold.jpg
    taxation is theft

Default Re: Amouage Gold Man pour Homme - Not animalic (?)

Quote Originally Posted by Rubirosa View Post
    I recently got a sample of this in current formulation and I like it very much, really high quality and natural smelling floral. It's dandy, decadent and old school.

But I get NO civet or animalic notes at all! Has this been reformulated or is it just blended and balanced so well with the other notes?

amouage-gold.jpg
    Have you tried it on skin? The Civet comes in the dry down.

Given other Amouage reformulations, everything is possible. I have not smelled the latest version. However, as Oslofjord was saying, don't expect it to be a musky perfume like, say, MKK or the like. It is primarily an enormous floral incensy oriental. The animalic notes are in the background and serve to make the florals richer, in the style of old perfumes, and are most noticeable in the drydown. Also, as usual, perceptions vary, some people find Gold man not animalic but excessively powdery (!).

cacio

I own the current version and two different vintage formulations. None of them are very animalic on me compared to Jicky or Absolue Pour le Soir. Gold Man is a huge floral incense scent on me.
    Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel. Proverbs 27:9 KJV

Gold Man on me was a huge disappointment. I didn't get any of the BIG anything that people talk about. All I smelled was johnsons baby shampoo and the color yellow if that makes sense.

I was expecting a huge floral like a vintage ANUCCI but got nothing. My samples were legit from either LuckyScent or MIN NY.