Code of Conduct

Default CREED - Cedre Blanc

This frangrace immediately bursts with the very same black pepper note as Royal Oud. (RO at first, i thought should be named Royal Pepper. that very first top note is a fierce black pepper and that's the same note here)

A few minutes in and the black pepper calms down and a sweetness slowly emerges. along with the pencil shavings and cedar that is..... wait.... is that.... Spice and Wood?!?! why yes, yes it is S&W. but not the 2010 S&W with the acrid-dry ashiness, but the 2013 S&W with the amped up sweetness. this phase lasts about 30min until the next act appears.

that act being Jardin d'Amalfi. the cedar suddenly sprouts ethereal fruits that are synonymous with the mid-notes of Jardin d'Amalfi. it is uncanny.

Cedre Blanc, apart from the other Acqua fragrances from Creed, is the most familiar (well, at least to those well-versed in the most recent Creeds listed above). basically, if you enjoy the dry down of Spice and Wood, and you like Jardin d'Amalfi, you will ADORE Cedre Blanc.

I think this could have easily stood alone as its own "regular line" fragrance. i.e. if you don't want to shell out $675 for a Royal Exclusive, you could buy a 4.0oz of Cedre Blanc for $300 that distills the very best of those RE fragrances into one versatile bottle.

Default Re: CREED - Cedre Blanc

Thanks for the review.

To correct you, this is a100mL, which is 3.3-oz.

Basenotes Plus

Thanks! This is the first one I'll be wanting to try. I love both JdA and S&W.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    To correct you, this is a100mL, which is 3.3-oz.
    no correction necessary. that is not what I was saying. you mis-read me.

Quote Originally Posted by AbeFromin View Post
    no correction necessary. that is not what I was saying. you mis-read me.
    if you don't want to shell out $675 for a Royal Exclusive, you could buy a 4.0oz of Cedre Blanc for $300 that distills the very best of those RE fragrances into one versatile bottle.

Not sure I mis-read. The bottle size for this series is 3.3-oz, not 4-oz.

if you don't want to shell out $675 for a Royal Exclusive, you could buy a 4.0oz of Cedre Blanc for $300 that distills the very best of those RE fragrances into one versatile bottle.

Not sure I mis-read. The bottle size for this series is 3.3-oz, not 4-oz.
    fer krist sakes, dude... do i have to spell it out for you? i said "IT COULD HAVE" stood alone as a regular-line fragrance. like... it COULD HAVE been priced at GIT, MI, Aventus levels.

do you GET IT NOW?!??!?!?!?! pm me your phone number and i'll call you and explain it in English. unless, of course, you don't speak English (which your responses clearly indicate).

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

I can't wait for these five new 100ml bottles to be available 7/7 at Essenze Nobile where they'll cost only $222 - VAT free and shipped free at current exchange.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Institution L'Homme Blanc Individuel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There's no need to be so rude.

As written, it looks like you're saying there's a 4oz.

if you don't want to shell out $675 for a Royal Exclusive, you could buy a 4.0oz of Cedre Blanc for $300
    As written, I read it the way PalmBeach read it - as if you were saying, if you don't want to shell out $675 for a Royal Exclusive, you could buy a 4.0oz of Cedre Blanc for $300... except, you can't, because that size doesn't exist. I understand what your intention was, but only after you explained it.

Thanks for the review, by the way. I'll be excited to get my nose on this one, without a doubt.
    Current Favorites (in no particular order)
    Castile
    Endymion
    Rose 31
    Royal Oud
    Petit Matin
    Curve
    1725 Casanova
    Tabac Rouge
    Reflection Man
    Green Irish Tweed
    Prada L'Homme
    Tom Ford Extreme
    Les Exclusifs Eau de Cologne
    Tom Ford Noir Eau De Toilette
    Terre d'Hermes Parfum
    Hanae Mori H.M. EDT
    Pomelo Paradis
    Aqua Universalis

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    As written, I read it the way PalmBeach read it - as if you were saying, if you don't want to shell out $675 for a Royal Exclusive, you could buy a 4.0oz of Cedre Blanc for $300... except, you can't, because that size doesn't exist. I understand what your intention was, but only after you explained it..
    do you know what "i.e." means? if you do, then there's no confusion.

i'll mark both you and PalmBeach as two people who do not know what "i.e." means. DULY NOTED.

Basenotes Plus

do you know what "i.e." means? if you do, then there's no confusion.

i'll mark both you and PalmBeach as two people who do not know what "i.e." means. DULY NOTED.
    I think we all know what "i.e." means. The problem is your statement contains an improper shift in mood or tense. If you're going to set up a hypothetical and start in the subjunctive mood, you should remain in that mood.

You statement should have read, "I think this could have easily stood alone as its own "regular line" fragrance. i.e. if you didn't want to shell out $675 for a Royal Exclusive, you could have bought a 4.0oz of Cedre Blanc for $300 that distilled the very best of those RE fragrances into one versatile bottle."

That would have helped avoid confusion, although the entire sentence could have been more clearly worded in the first place.

Also, internet rage is a waste of energy. Calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by tensor9 View Post
    Also, internet rage is a waste of energy. Calm down.
    so the only difference between my utterly confusing statement and your perfectly rational one is that you said "you could have bought" whereas I said "you could buy".

seriously.

seriously?

internet rage, you say? i spend my time trying to kick off a discussion of each of Creed's new fragrances, and PalmBeach derails it because he doesn't know what "i.e." means and you want to play Robin to his Batman...... and I'M THE ONE with "internet rage"?!? i love it.

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Basenotes Institution FSU92grad's Avatar

Abe...Don't know you very well and Im sure you don't know me or care to....But I appreciate your breakdown of the new Creed fragrances but I gotta tell ya though....I've read a couple of your threads and dude, you seem to have this big chip on your shoulder...Not sure why...One thing I will tell you though and then you can go off on me for my comment....I came on Basenotes probably a year or so ago and I came in here with a chip on my shoulder too and wrote a bolstering review of Molecule 01 and basically insulting everybody and anybody on BN in the review...PalmBeach, Hippo and others came on and corrected me on my behavior and it was probably the best thing that ever happened to me...For someone like yourself who has been on here for only a few short months and to talk down at people and insult their comments seems a little ballsy to me especially directed at highly respected people who have been on here on BN considerably longer than YOU have....Does that mean their comments mean any more or less than yours ? Does that mean you cannot correct their statements? No, of course not, but CIVILITY around here goes a long way on BN...Trust me...Take it from someone who knows....Lose the tude....
    Last edited by FSU92grad; 20th June 2014 at 03:25 AM.
    TOP TEN FOR FALL/WINTER:
    1.) MFK Baccarat Rouge 540
    2.) Frank no. 2 LA
    3.) Creed Viking
    4.) Creed Royal Mayfair
    5.) ADG Profumo
    6.) Lampblack
    7.) New York Intense (parfum)
    8.) Fahrenheit
    9.) Dusita Issara
    10.) Gengis Khan

Honorable Mention: Chanel Sycomore
    Currently wearing: Royal Oud by Creed

Wow. This thread went pear shaped quickly. All over 0.7 ounces too?

It must be good. Sign me up for two.
    Hi, I'm William | My Swap Thread | My Sales Thread

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
    wow. This thread went pear shaped quickly. All over 0.7 ounces too?

it must be good. Sign me up for two.
    lol
    "I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by FSU92grad View Post
    Abe...Don't know you very well and Im sure you don't know me or care to....But I appreciate your breakdown of the new Creed fragrances but I gotta tell ya though....I've read a couple of your threads and dude, you seem to have this big chip on your shoulder...Not sure why...One thing I will tell you though and then you can go off on me for my comment....I came on Basenotes probably a year or so ago and I came in here with a chip on my shoulder too and wrote a bolstering review of Molecule 01 and basically insulting everybody and anybody on BN in the review...PalmBeach, Hippo and others came on and corrected me on my behavior and it was probably the best thing that ever happened to me...For someone like yourself who has been on here for only a few short months and to talk down at people and insult their comments seems a little ballsy to me especially directed at highly respected people who have been on here on BN considerably longer than YOU have....Does that mean their comments mean any more or less than yours ? Does that mean you cannot correct their statements? No, of course not, but CIVILITY around here goes a long way on BN...Trust me...Take it from someone who knows....Lose the tude....

thank you so much, Graduate from Florida State University in 1992. i really appreciate your words of advice and comfort. i guess i really have a lot to go home and think about, huh? aw shucks... you're the greatest FSU92grad..... really.

now ask yourself, FSU92grad, are you contributing to the discussion about Creed's Cedre Blanc? No. No you're not, are you? You are playing internet forum hall-monitor, aren't you? yes... yes you are.

so stop it. you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

granted, i know not many people have smelled Cedre Blanc yet, but can people just WAIT until they have instead of popping off in a fit of moderator-wannabe?!?

Quote Originally Posted by FSU92grad View Post
    FSU, from the way Abe brings up names from the distant past, this person is not exactly new to BN. I won't guess who this person was in their previous life on BN, but it is obvious they have been around quite some time but for some reason with new user name and new registration date.

While everyone appreciates hearing reviews,on the new fragrances from Creed and really do appreciate Abe taking the time to post, I do agree with others, could easily be done in one thread as many others do.
    Last edited by PalmBeach; 20th June 2014 at 04:27 AM.

Basenotes Institution FSU92grad's Avatar

FSU, from the way Abe brings up names from the distant past, this person is not exactly new to BN. I won't guess who this person was in their previous life on BN, but it is obvious they have been around quite some time but for some reason with new user name and new registration date.
    Well, it's hard to take someone like this seriously with his gigantic chip on his little shoulder....He reminds me a lot of what I use to be like...lol...

But he mentioned to me that I wasn't "contributing to the discussion" but my question back to Mr. Wizard is, is going off on other members and their comments really contributing ? I think not...

carry on....
    TOP TEN FOR FALL/WINTER:
    1.) MFK Baccarat Rouge 540
    2.) Frank no. 2 LA
    3.) Creed Viking
    4.) Creed Royal Mayfair
    5.) ADG Profumo
    6.) Lampblack
    7.) New York Intense (parfum)
    8.) Fahrenheit
    9.) Dusita Issara
    10.) Gengis Khan

Honorable Mention: Chanel Sycomore
    Currently wearing: Royal Oud by Creed

Damn. Creed strikes again - at least it's not over Aventus this time!

This makes me want to go get myself a whole 5.42oz bottle of this Cedre Blanc i.e. stuff and see what the hype is about.
    Current Summer Favorites:

1. Xerjoff - Nio
    2. Tom Ford - Rive d’Ambre
    3. Dior - Homme Cologne 2013
    4. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    5. Armani - Code Sport Athlete
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Dior - Homme Sport 2008
    8. by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    9. Ermenegildo Zegna - Sicilian Mandarin
    10. Creed - Pure White Cologne

the problem is that none of these jabronies have smelled Cedre Blanc, but they can't resist coming in and playing junior g-man moderator.

it KILLS them that they are "out of the know". so they instead misdirect focus to ancillary things.

I therefore humbly ask... if you have smelled Cedre Blanc, by all means, chime in. if you wanna play super internet badass... please spare us all.

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post

This makes me want to go get myself a whole 5.42oz bottle of this Cedre Blanc i.e. stuff and see what the hype is about.
    You have not been listening have you? 100ml equals 3.3oz and 4.0oz equals 120ml.
    Last edited by adam090273; 20th June 2014 at 05:46 AM.
    MY STEALTHY FREEDOM.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
    Wow. This thread went pear shaped quickly. All over 0.7 ounces too?

It must be good. Sign me up for two.
    Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post

Hahahah. I'll probably check out CB in the future.Though my next Creed may be Erolfa, Neroli Sauvage, or Original Vetiver... or more than one..

Thanks for at least the initial post for the thread, OP.
    Last edited by ILikePeeps; 20th June 2014 at 05:49 AM.
    **Resident Basenotes .gif responder!**
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!

the problem is that none of these jabronies have smelled Cedre Blanc, but they can't resist coming in and playing junior g-man moderator.

it KILLS them that they are "out of the know". so they instead misdirect focus to ancillary things.

I therefore humbly ask... if you have smelled Cedre Blanc, by all means, chime in. if you wanna play super internet badass... please spare us all.

Basenotes Institution L'Homme Blanc Individuel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by adam090273 View Post
    You have not been listening have you? 100ml equals 3.3oz and 4.0oz equals 120ml.
    Haven't you heard? 4oz is the new 100ml. It's the new math. And if you don't want to shell out $675 for a Royal Eexclusive, you could buy a 4.0oz of Cedre Blanc for $300

if you don't want to shell out $675 for a Royal Exclusive, you could buy a 4.0oz of Cedre Blanc for $300
    Exactly. Except, not at all...
    Current Favorites (in no particular order)
    Castile
    Endymion
    Rose 31
    Royal Oud
    Petit Matin
    Curve
    1725 Casanova
    Tabac Rouge
    Reflection Man
    Green Irish Tweed
    Prada L'Homme
    Tom Ford Extreme
    Les Exclusifs Eau de Cologne
    Tom Ford Noir Eau De Toilette
    Terre d'Hermes Parfum
    Hanae Mori H.M. EDT
    Pomelo Paradis
    Aqua Universalis

I'll give Cedre Blanc a sniff but am a bit skeptical. Otherwise this thread is a joke, Sausage King of Chicago.

And I thought people on here were sensible compared to other forums I frequent.

I love it when people can't see that they're being weirdos.

So, where can I order that 4oz bottle of Cedre Blanc?
    Currently wearing: Ébène by Pierre Balmain

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I can't wait for these five new 100ml bottles to be available 7/7 at Essenze Nobile where they'll cost only $222 - VAT free and shipped free at current exchange.

Here you go, Nasenmann

O.P. - We'll close this thread now.
    Directory contribution link:-
    http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php