Code of Conduct

Question New and not sure what to get..

I've had some stuff before but mostly when I was a teen, so I've got into a somewhat mood of wanting to some some new smells and I ended up getting this and a few samples..

D&G Masculine full size (blind buy)

samples:

Xerjoff 40 Knots

A lab on fire:Almost transparent

Splash:
    Versace Man Eau Fraiche

I was kind of wondering how each will smell or are they all going to smell kind of similar?

Default Re: New and not sure what to get..

Almost Transparent Blue is a nice aldehydic citrus scent with lime being a key player, slightly woody in the dry down.
    Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project. NEW: Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture) / SantL (A Mysore Sandalwood reference fragrance...Mysore/Woods/Spice) / Limed - ONLY 7 Bottles Remaining (Lime/Sandalwood/Cedar/Ginger/Coconut Lactone

***MadHat Samples now available at Surrender to Chance here.

SALES THREAD SSS Incense Pure / Slumberhouse & More...

Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    Almost Transparent Blue is a nice aldehydic citrus scent with lime being a key player, slightly woody in the dry down.
    Great I look forward to trying it!

As a starter you should have Bleu de Chanel in your starting line up mike
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Quote Originally Posted by magnus611 View Post
    Thanks, I will have to smell it next time I head out to the store.

Quote Originally Posted by magnus611 View Post
    Good call - agree.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Check out dior homme sport & don't worry its not your typical sport frag.

cool I will check that out as well haha I wished I knew about this site back in 2000 haha

Ok a little update so I put on a little D&G Masculine and the scent does not last that long at all I mean almost 2 hours later it's just skin level and I only did 4 sprays.

Hope the other stuff above listed lasts longer.. I can hardly smell it on myself now.
    Last edited by mikecl; 21st June 2014 at 04:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikecl View Post
    Ok a little update so I put on a little D&G Masculine and the scent does not last that long at all I mean almost 2 hours later it's just skin level and I only did 4 sprays.

Hope the other stuff above listed lasts longer.. I can hardly smell it on myself now.
    Oh no dude don't worry i don't mess with anything that doesn't last long. I don't care how good something smells, if it doesnt last atleast 6-8 hours i don't even consider owning it. D&G frags in general don't last very long.. D&G the one being the worst. Bleu de chanel & chanel allure homme sport are decent frags also.

Also adding as possible testing suggestion: Gucci PH II.

Last edited by heperd; 21st June 2014 at 09:06 PM.

I have dry skin so I did 10 sprays this morning on myself before I left and about 2 hours after I hardly had any smell at all.. having dry skin does not help I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by mikecl View Post
    I have dry skin so I did 10 sprays this morning on myself before I left and about 2 hours after I hardly had any smell at all.. having dry skin does not help I suppose.
    Try using an unscented lotion.. it helps with longevity. But wait about 15min after you apply the lotion to put on your fragrance. I use vaseline brand but aveeno makes a good unscented lotion also. I also use unscented bodywash/soap so the scents from the soap don't clash with my fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchapalooza View Post
    Try using an unscented lotion.. it helps with longevity. But wait about 15min after you apply the lotion to put on your fragrance. I use vaseline brand but aveeno makes a good unscented lotion also. I also use unscented bodywash/soap so the scents from the soap don't clash with my fragrance.
    Thanks for a tip.. I'm picky about unscented stuff because sometimes it still has a trace of a scent