Code of Conduct

Question A Fragrance Called Eighty And Another With A Number 7 On The Box ???

A couple of fragrance mysteries to be solved here. I am hoping someone may be able to help...

I bought a womans fragrance called eighty, (I am not sure if it was spelled out " Eighty "on the packaging or written " 80 ". I remember it being very good. Possibly it was an italian brand of perfume ? (I have forgotton the brand....) I swapped it with Noggs, with the idea of returning to the shop one day to buy another one for myself...howerver the shop is very far away....
    I have tried google image to find out more about the perfume, but without success ! Obviously, I will contact Noggs to ask him and hope that he may read this thread and reply !

The other was a mens designer fragrance with a name, (which I can't for the life of me remember/ nor the brand name) almost certainly (recently) discontinued. This version was probably a flanker, because it had the same packaging as another fragrance, but the box had a no.7 on the front of it.
    I am assuming that both versions of this fragrance have been recently discontinued. I saw them on a special offer table in a perfumery recently and can no longer recall the name/ brand of this mens fragrance. Next time I will take a note pad with me !
    Any ideas ???

Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by david; 20th June 2014 at 03:17 PM.
    " Only wimps swim with the current "

Default Re: A Fragrance Called Eighty And Another With A Number 7 On The Box ???

David, the fragrance with the name of "Eighty" is by Ugo Correani. The name is written as "Eighty", not 80.

It is a Parfum de Toilette and is made in Italy. The bottle has an atomiseur. It smells like a floral chypre.

It comes in a tall, slender rectangular box, light gray in color with light gold trim around the edges and also light gold for the fonts.

I know nothing about the manufacturer.

About the "7", was it Loewe 7?
    Last edited by noggs; 20th June 2014 at 03:50 PM.

Default Re: A Fragrance Called Eighty And Another With A Number 7 On The Box ???

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post
    David, the fragrance with the name of "Eighty" is by Ugo Correani. The name is written as "Eighty", not 80.

It is a Parfum de Toilette and is made in Italy. The bottle has an atomiseur. It smells like a floral chypre.

It comes in a tall, slender rectangular box, light gray in color with light gold trim around the edges and also light gold for the fonts.

I know nothing about the manufacturer.

About the "7", was it Loewe 7?
    Thanks for your help noggs !
    ...is "Eighty" comparable to anything else out there ? Would you rate as average or something special ?

Re. the box with a number 7 on it. It was definitely not Loewe 7. I think it was a flanker of a fairly recent mens designer fragrance that flopped. I can't believe that the mental note I made at the time of seeing it has disappeared !!

273 Rodeo Drive for Men by Fred Hayman?

http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/F...-Men-5876.html

David, was the men's fragrance with the "7" 7 Elements by Jivago?
    Last edited by hednic; 20th June 2014 at 11:56 PM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Thanks hednic and heperd. It's definitely neither of these.
    On wednesday I'm going back to the shop...so all will be revealed !!

James Bond 007?

Cereus no. 7?
    Don't Smell the Flowers,
    They're an Evil Drug to Make You Lose Your Mind --- Dio

David, you need to get a cellphone with a camera!

Iceberg have fragrance called 74 with a range of flankers.

David, Eighty is very good. I think you'd like it. I need to try it again to be sure of some notes, but here is what I think.

There is some note in mine (bergamot or a green note?) that is a bit off in the opening (I think this bottle must be 25 years old or even older), but it clears up in a few minutes. This is not a bright floral, rather it is soft, dry, sedate, and powdery, very powdery in texture. It is a little green and a little spicy. There must be carnation in there, perhaps some jasmine. It is very mossy, which contributes some powderiness and rich, dry earthiness. The drydown is very smooth and kind of warm and dusty. It has a wonderfully aristocratic sort of calmness about it.

I'll have another go at it, maybe even wear it tomorrow, and see what else I can get out of it. So far it's a winner.

BTW, I found an Italian site that sells the 50ml for 10€ and the 100 ml for 17€. It is amazingly good to be so cheap.

I also found this interesting article about Ugo Correani:
    http://online.wsj.com/articles/on-th...ems-1403290299
    Last edited by noggs; 22nd June 2014 at 01:14 PM.

Thanks for your help noggs and for taking the time to give such an indepth description. You've rekindled my interest in this one...and the perfumery where I first purchsed it still has a couple of bottles. I seem to remember it being a very intriguing fragrance. Please try it again, (if you get the time) and report back. Thanks.
    Last edited by david; 23rd June 2014 at 09:40 PM.

After wearing this today I have to substantially revise my earlier description.

This is a floral leather chypre. I don't know why I didn't get leather the other day, mistaking it for a kind of carnation/oakmoss accord. Perhaps those notes do play into it, but the overall effect is definitely leathery. A soft, powdery, slightly spicy, slightly green floral leather.

Thanks for your help on this noggs.