Code of Conduct

Default SOTD Saturday June 21, 2014

Went out with my old roommate tonight. Wore my own sandalwood goodness this evening, MadHat SantL...an ode and reference fragrance of Mysore Sandalwood. Dry, dusty, spicy, warm, woody and creamy blanketed goodness.
    Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project.

*** NEW Lavhim (Lavender, Incense, Candle Wax, Clove, Fir Needles, Cognac & Green Leaves)*** / Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture.)

Default Re: SOTD Saturday June 21, 2014

hello all, enjoy your weekend,
    (samples)

Morning everyone!
    Un Jardin sur le Nil for me today, we have a rainy day here today and I'm really enjoying this frag, did 't love it so much at first but kinda grew on me...

Guerlain Iris Ganache

Blog Entries

Morning all!

Seville a l'Aube for work today.

Have a great weekend, everyone.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

"Y" for me today. Enjoy your weekend!
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Hello all.

Arpège by Lanvin, and I even got a compliment from a man at the bus stop.
    DONNA

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone. Serge Lutens Datura Noir for me today.

Congratulations on the compliment, Donna!

Best to all.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Jenny Packham S/S 2014 RTW

Hermès - Eau Claire des Merveilles

Seaside skin with sparkles. All set for the longest day, and it's a scorcher!
    Out here we are running for the wide open spaces, the road-smell after the rain.

Dior Homme Sport (2012) for a Dad to Be golf outing!
    Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project.

*** NEW Lavhim (Lavender, Incense, Candle Wax, Clove, Fir Needles, Cognac & Green Leaves)*** / Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture.)

Serge Lutens Fleurs de Citronnier

vintage

Oud & Oud by Cartier

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

queen of the universe

Wearing our own rynegne's Madhat scent, SantL, and it's as he describes: dry yet creamy woods. Ryan, I think this formula is a keeper. People should cry if they miss out on the limited edition.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Versace Oud Noir

Amouage Fate Man
    Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel. Proverbs 27:9 KJV

Good morning, all

After a night of storms, this morning called for some centering yoga, accompanied by my now highly-evocative spa scent, CdG Zagorsk. This never fails to take me right back to the calm of the Sedona canyon, with its desert cypress and wild sage and rosemary. Just perfect.

I hope it's a great day for all of you. Teardrop, you smell especially lovely today.

good afternoon. Mure et musc extreme today!

Good afternoon to all. I am luxuriating in Bois des Îles today.

Basenotes Institution

All you peeps wearing SantL are killing me here - I can't wait to smell it!

Feeling ALL BETTER today. Yay!!!!

Working in the office to play catch-up from time out last week. In:

Orange Sanguine by Atelier Cologne

Last edited by mikeperez23; 21st June 2014 at 07:28 PM.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Blog Entries

Lubin- Gin Fizz, 1944
    tart aldehydes, soapy citrus, subtle wood and oakmoss

Last edited by kumquat; 21st June 2014 at 09:46 PM.

Basenotes Plus

(Art by Nigrita)

Hyssop by L'Occitane

Enjoy your day, everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike, you smell great, too! Excellent choice with which to break the drought

SotA is Serge Lutens Un Lys. Le sigh!

Blog Entries

Why thank you, ExtremeK! Smelling pretty nice yourself this evening.

Reapplied Seville a l'Aube tonight.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Plus

Evening Basenoter Friends! I am back from a lovely day in Orleans (as in the Joan of Arc one, not the bayou one!), where it was so hot all the children in town stripped off and were playing in the fountains! There was a music festival going on, and we had a blast. Sat down at a crowded, noisy cafe for a typically French lunch of salade aux gesiers, which is gizzard salad to you and me Even the eight month old wolfed it down.

Anyhow, I am wearing Safran Troublant, because I bought the last bottle in a store selling L' Artisan Parfumeur stuff. I am in The Love. I have always wanted it, and now that it has been discontinued, I feel like fate is giving me a push. Plus it was a bit cheaper than anywhere I had seen it online, so....

Mocha - I see you got your BdI pure parfum.....and Coromandel....and what can I say, other than you clearly have phenomenal taste Those two right there are two of my all time favorites. Although I have only smelled the EDT of BdI.....a small decant is on its way to me as we speak. Tell me, how is it?

Vernona - I thought of you when I put on VIW. Of course I did. Whenever I put on something with coconut in it, I will always think of you. It is really great, you were right.

(((Mike))) Aargh with the cold - hope you are feeling better now, buddy. Look after yourself. I am still waiting for your Apres L' Ondee story by the way. I managed to smell it for the first time a few days ago, and I thought it was really special. Thankfully, it didn't remind me too strongly of L'Heure Bleue, which I don't get along with at all.

Xscent and Jon - May I just say, for the record, that you are both incredibly gorgeous human beings? Of course, on the inside, yes, that was always a given, but I see now that the beauty extends outwards too. Xscent - damn, girl you are really hot! And those heels are Sexy with a capital S.
    “There is no exquisite beauty… without some strangeness in the proportion.”
    ― Edgar Allan Poe

Trying a sample sent to me by a very generous Basenoter. It is Creed Tuberose Indiana. This is a very nice fragrance with three main notes, two of which I adore tuberose and amber. I put a lot on but it doesn't seem to last on me. I would say just 30 minutes or so and then it turns to a skin scent. Within the hour it is gone. For that reason I will be taking a pass on this very lovely scent.
    Betsy
    Items in my wardrobe not in the fragrance directory:
    Exhilarators (Elizabeth Arden Bath and Body Spa from 1980's - no relation to Sun Flowers )
    Chanel No. 5 Voile

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Glad you have a basement, (((ExK))).
    Yay! Mike's feeling top notch.
    Went weeding with Bois de Violette, now sampling Dior 1947 without enthusiasm. Quality and strength are there. It's just not playing my tune.
    Tomorrow I think we'll head out very early for the Midwest Renewable Energy Fair where the topics are solar, wind power, composting toilets, beekeeping, straw-bale construction, and all things organic and ecological. Should be a nice, long Sunday drive. Just don't know what scent to wear. Maybe I'll pair with Honey Buns and choose Royal Oud.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Busy day today: visited a friend who had just her new titanium knee installed so she is in pain and cranky, but upbeat as always. She gave me a card that goes: "Only the good die young" and when one opens it up -- "We b*tches live forever". I also managed to burn my shoulders -- really fair skin and a light breeze fooled me again -- in the full sun -- will I ever learn?

Q., this year I seem to have a bumper crop of dill, parsley is very thin and thymes has to yet spring up.

Petra I, I was missing you and your super model pictures, always nice to see how high couture reflects in our SotD.

I wore CD Dolce Vita. I deep fried -- outside! -- mini apple crisps (out of Wonton Wraps) and gave most of them away to the neighbor (a good neighbor who is a city mayor and who asks us not to cut the grass too often because our spick-n-spanness makes her look uncaring) and a friend with the mending knee. Was a great day!

queen of the universe

SOTE was a splash of vintage Myrurgia Maderas de Oriente perfum de tocador, followed by a spritz of Madhat SantL. Sandlawood over a classic sandalwood/floral. Intoxicating. Dear rynegne, I hope you are not put off by using your scents in combination with others in my wardrobe. Believe me, this combo worked.

SOTN is vintage Fabergé Aphrodisia cologne, first sprinkled in the bath water, then lavished on me. 12 ounces of something can make one profligate, to say the least.

Bonne nuit à tout!

ps—the scent star of the evening wasn't on me; it was in the air. I was at the Larchmere Porchfest here in Cleveland, a fantastic event in a neighborhood full of front porches, which were put into service for over 30 performing ensembles. Weather was balmy 70s, and the linden blossoms were in bloom all along E 130the between Shaker and Larchmere. I love the smell of linden blossoms, but, oddly enough only on the tree, not in a scent. I feel the same way about freesia.
    Last edited by jujy54; 22nd June 2014 at 06:09 AM. Reason: ps!
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!