Code of Conduct

Default Is 1 Million more versatile than some of us give it credit for (myself included)?

Is 1 Million more versatile than I thought?

I'm sure we've all done the thing where you're standing in a crowd at a pub waiting for a table. You notice somebody smells great, and it makes you curious... right? Well, last night, I recognized a scent I knew being worn by an older gentleman, and he smelled fantastic. I'm guessing he was in his late 50s, dressed for an evening on the town with his spouse. It took me a while to place the scent.

I'm 99% sure it was 1 Million... but I always thought of 1 Million as being a young and loud scent that's best suited for clubbing. On this man, however, it smelled soft but easily detectable, and downright charming.

Could I have been smelling 1 Million Intense instead? Or something else entirely, and what? I can't imagine anything that smells THAT MUCH like 1 Million, but if there is... man oh man, I'd buy it.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Default Re: Is 1 Million more versatile than some of us give it credit for (myself included)?

Personally have always thought it was quite versatile and not age restricted.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Default Re: Is 1 Million more versatile than some of us give it credit for (myself included)?

Often perceived One Million as a fragrance with great versatility, even its so striking and famed sweeter notes are strong but not overdone and easily suitable for many more occasions and age groups than first expected.

I have 1 Million Absolutely Gold and it's more mature smelling. One reviewer on here thought it had oud, but I haven't seen it listed in the notes.

I have 1 Million and 1 Million Intense as well as a sample of Absolutely Gold. All are excellent fragrances, and I think most people who would smell it right now for the first time would really like it. I think the reason it gets such negativity here is because people now think it's a "clubbing scent". But really it is a nice scent that was quite groundbreaking when it came out. It is mostly a victim of it's own success, much like Bleu and AdG.

My wife loves this on me. However, I don't normally wear it out of the house for reasons alluded to above.

But, yes, to answer your question - it is quite versatile. Probably one of the most versatile scents I have ever smelled.

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    I'm 99% sure it was 1 Million... but I always thought of 1 Million as being a young and loud scent that's best suited for clubbing. On this man, however, it smelled soft but easily detectable, and downright charming.
    That's what 1 spray under your shirt will do for you.
    If you want to smell like you are clubbing, you need 3+ sprays.
    Last edited by dougczar; 21st June 2014 at 09:14 PM.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Pure White Cologne
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. Clive Christian - 1872
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Xerjoff - Nio
    8. Neela Vermeire - Bombay Bling
    9. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    10. Chanel - Allure Homme Edition Blanche

No.

Basenotes Junkie

Every time i smell it, no matter how muted, it is over the top and simplistic. I think spicebomb is the mainstream scent that is well underated.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by SmellyFinger View Post
    No.
    .. +1

Enjoy wearing 1 Million year round during all occasions. Find one spray lasts a solid 7 hours...agree this is not just a clubbing "go to" as some YouTube guys portray it.
    An investment in knowledge pays the best interest

- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by SmellyFinger View Post
    No.
    Two days ago, I would have said that too, but last night really is making me revisit this one.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

It's not only what you wear, but how you wear it.

Most women like it. That is all the versatility I need.
    ----- People laugh at me because I'm different.... I laugh at them because they're all the same -----

True
    Quote Originally Posted by weylin View Post
    It's not only what you wear, but how you wear it.

I found Intense easier to wear.

Me too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    I found Intense easier to wear.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Often perceived One Million as a fragrance with great versatility, even its so striking and famed sweeter notes are strong but not overdone and easily suitable for many more occasions and age groups than first expected.
    Couldn't agree more!!!

I have & love 1 Million & also find it more versatile than many here give it credit for. To me, that leather note in the middle is the roughest & most cloying part. Anyway, for this type of scent, I prefer 212 VIP Men. I just recently bought a bottle after going through several samples. It's got that 1 Million vibe, but is definitely fresher with the passion fruit, gin, & vodka. And also is toned down on projection. And to me, there is very little leather in 212 VIP compared to 1 Million. Anyway, I find it much more versatile for all seasons & I'm enjoying it tremendously in the summer heat right now. It's certainly one I'd recommend for anyone looking for a more mature/all occasion version of 1 Million.

Basenotes Junkie

I'd agree with 212 Man over 1 million for 'niceness'.

rick

1 million (original) is a good, pleasant, versatile scent, if sprayed just one spray it is suitable even to church imo. It's so strong that it gets easily overdone, and when overdone it's cloyingly sweet and no more nice.
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

I sampled it the other day and i found it nauseating. I really thought it was "too much" of everything.. I may change my mind in the future but i found it even more strong than amen.
    I can't believe 23 million bottles of this have been sold. I prefer Black xs and even Invictus.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Personally have always thought it was quite versatile and not age restricted.
    I agree with this.

When not going out for leisure, go easy on the sprays. One wide spray to the bare chest and one spray to the back of the head/nape of neck.
    Never leave the house without six sprays.

http://www.fragrantica.com/member/782944/

My Lucky 7:
    1. Black XS
    2. Body Kouros
    3. 1 Million
    4. Rochas Man
    5. Black Orchid
    6. Truth or Dare Naked
    7. Villain for Women