Code of Conduct

Default Scarf with overcoat

I just bought a black and gray tweed overcoat in a herringbone pattern. What color and pattern scarf would best match (I'm just learning scarves). Thanks!!
    "We don't fail because we aim too high and miss, but because we aim too low and hit" - Les Brown

"When you're all alone, when no one is watching, and there's no one around to impress, that is who you are" - Greg Laurie

Default Re: Scarf with overcoat

Garnet

for swap/sale:

Basenotes Junkie

Maroon/Garnet as mentioned, cobalt blue works too. Black is you're conservative. I'd probably look at Merino or cashmere, something fairly thin and with no distinct pattern of its own.

rick

I have a cobalt blue scarf. Thought it might be a little loud for the coat is all. It's also a solid scarf. No pattern. Is there any kind of pattern that would work, or does it matter?
    "We don't fail because we aim too high and miss, but because we aim too low and hit" - Les Brown

"When you're all alone, when no one is watching, and there's no one around to impress, that is who you are" - Greg Laurie

I think a solid black one would epitomize class.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Neutral colors (black, less likelier white, however certain versions of grey might work too) are, in my opinion, tasteful additions to this classic and versatile fashion choice.

Black, light grey, maroon or garnet, off-white maybe...stick with solid colors and most will work. I would shy away from wearing any scarf with too many designs being that the herringbone is somewhat stylized itself.
    Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project.

*** NEW Lavhim (Lavender, Incense, Candle Wax, Clove, Fir Needles, Cognac & Green Leaves)*** / Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture.)

Thanks!! This helped a lot.

Coffee color new season winter scarf will go well with your gray tweed overcoat .You can buy it from Ikoala.

Umm, interesting first post on a fragrance forum.
    Directory contribution link:-
    http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

Basenotes Member

Black would be fine, but it might also be a little too reserved. If the coat is very dark, I would suggest a brighter color. Cobalt blue would be perfect. My personal favorite is cardinal red.

It's hard to say about patterns because it's dependent on how strong the herringbone patterns is in the coat. Herringbone can be bold or muted and subtle. If it's more on the subtle side, I would look at a navy polka dot scarf, or a paisley in blue or red/burgundy. If it is a strong pattern, go with a solid or a very subtle pattern in the scarf.