Code of Conduct

Default Fragrances with monster longevity and projection

I 've seen numerous threads regarding fragrances people love but don't get any longevity and projection out of them. What if it's the other way around: you love the scent but wish it wouldn't last so long. For example, I sampled and loved Tobacco Vanille. Used one tiny spray on my inner elbow 2 days, 2 workouts, 1 sauna session and 4 showers ago. The scent is still there, projecting about 3-4 inches off of my skin. I think, this is insane! I'm afraid of wearing it now and I can't imagine what's gonna happen in case some of this stuff will get on my clothes. Same thing but to lesser extent with vintage Mitsouko EDP and Aventus.
    Do you have similar issues with some of your frags, when you wish they wouldn't last so long?
    Last edited by Mancio82; 26th June 2014 at 03:51 PM.

Default Re: Fragrances with monster longevity and projection

I don't really understand the premise here. If you love a fragrance and it lasts a long time, that's a win-win isn't it?

I am happy for as long as they last on my skin.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I don't want my morning/day scent interfere with my evening/night scent, so I consider 8-10 hours longevity to be perfect. Now, one spray of Tobacco Vanille keeps interfering with my morning/day/evening/night scents for the last 2 days and I can't even wash it off:-) I don't see it as a win-win situation.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    I don't really understand the premise here. If you love a fragrance and it lasts a long time, that's a win-win isn't it?
    His last sentence has a typo. He meant to say "wouldn't" instead of "would".

As to the OP, I've never had this problem with a fragrance that I've owned (full bottle), but I have had a related problem with some I've sampled. It's rough when you put some rank, overpowered stink bomb on your skin and it just won't go away!
    Currently wearing: Asian Green Tea by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by Mancio82 View Post
    I don't want my morning/day scent interfere with my evening/night scent
    Quote Originally Posted by Mancio82 View Post
    For example, I sampled and loved Tobacco Vanille. Used one tiny spray on my inner elbow 2 days, 2 workouts, 1 sauna session and 4 showers ago. The scent is still there, projecting about 3-4 inches off of my skin.
    I can't believe TV or for that matter any "alcohol" based cologne / edp / parfum lasting past 4 showers & still projecting...If you say is indeed true, then you should buy EDC's - which I'm sure, with your body chemistry to "prolong" longevity past 4 showers, will still be strong enough - so maybe go with just 1/2 spray of the EDC...Not being sarcastic here - it's just hard to believe your experience (& practically impossible, unless it's a pure oud oil / strong attars or maybe Norma Kamali Incense).
    Currently wearing: Ho Hang by Balenciaga

Perhaps Opium PH EDP, Drakkar Noir and LIDGE could benefit (strictly in my opinion) from a slightly decreased longevity and projection.

Dior Oud Ispahan lasts 100+ years. I think if you don't want a scent to last that long on your skin - apply it to your clothes only. Then by taking off your shirt, scent is gone.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Xerjoff - Nio
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    4. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    5. Dior - Homme Sport 2008
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Creed - Virgin Island Water
    8. by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    9. Creed - Original Cologne
    10. Clive Christian - 1872 for Men

Tensor9, yes, it was a typo, corrected:-)
    Badarun, I couldn't believe it either, yet there it is after 2 days and 4 showers, almost pure vanilla drydown projecting slightly off of my skin. Yesterday it was easily a foot projection. Never had this problem before, even though most of my scents (even GPH2, Burberry London or Guerlain Homme) last at least 8 hours on my skin.
    Ken Russell, yes, LIDGE lasts well into the next day for me but not after I take a shower.

I think TV is possibly the most powerful I own, or have ever owned. Can’t see me ever using more than a couple of small sprays, hence my little sample will last me years. You won’t find me complaining about that, though I do see where the OP is coming from. I own a few I wouldn’t wear on a morning if I had plans that night as they may interfere with whatever my night time fragrance would be.

When all is said and done though weak fragrances are offputting to me, powerhouses certainly aren’t.

I can't even imagine anything lasting longer and projecting more than Interlude Man and Montale Wood & Spices! Both go head to head!
    My all time favorite:

Dior Fahrenheit

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    apply it to your clothes only. Then by taking off your shirt, scent is gone.
    +1 Pukka suggestion

This should also apply to allergy sufferers - problem solved and all the restrictions can stop

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    +1 Pukka suggestion

This should also apply to allergy sufferers - problem solved and all the restrictions can stop
    We should so forward this to IFRA.

Wow, TV is amazing on your skin is like the scent of all scents..glad you like it cause I don't I rather prefer Chergui by SL that gives me 8-12 hrs but after I take a shower it is FINITO time , maybe cause I truly scrub myself thoroughly with soap...lol But to the question posted, I would say "GAO" by Xerjoff is the beast of all beast IMHO , followed by JXXV....
    Last edited by magnus611; 26th June 2014 at 04:28 PM.
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

If I get Slumberhouse Rume EdP on my clothing it will last literally until I wash it...on skin...probably 48 hours even with a shower. LOVE it though and wouldn't consider it too much of an issue.
    MadHat Scents

Skiff (Ambergris, Tropical Fruit, Pacific Red Cedar, Floral Mukhallat) / Embers - ONLY 135ml Left (Un-burned Incense, Campfires, Leather and Resins) / Khus (Ruh Khus, Sandalwood, Rose, Geranium)

Totally agree, TV is an absolute BEAST! Aside from Choco Musk,(which is a concentrated oil)TV is the only scent I have that still survives after a hot shower and serious scrub session...plain as day. Not even the likes of 24 Gold, 1 Million, Silver Scent or A*men can lay claim to that!
    Currently wearing: Black XS by Paco Rabanne

Had to take two showers and scrub hard to get Antaeus off me.

MFK Absolue pour le Soir was a projection and longevity monstor
    so was the first iteration of LDDM
    Aventus can be for others but myself - I tend to not be able to smell it after an hour

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by finsfan View Post
    MFK Absolue pour le Soir was a projection and longevity monstor
    so was the first iteration of LDDM
    Aventus can be for others but myself - I tend to not be able to smell it after an hour
    That's just the thing with Aventus. You can't smell it, but everyone else around you definitely can.

Dependent

Amouage Gold lasts and projects like a beast.

For me, I sometimes find Amouage Interlude and Montale Loubain too long-lasting.

Costume National Homme
    Sand Aoud
    Jubilation XXV

Beast mode

If you want something that's not as strong as Tobacco Vanille try Phaedon's Tabac Rouge. And it's about $50.00 less.

Amouage Gold man
    Amouage Epic man

If I can still smell yesterday's scent on me, I just experiment with layering.