Code of Conduct

Default Davana and "individualistic notes"

It is said that Davana is used make individualistic perfume blends as it tends to smell diefferent from person to person and it has a special synergy with natural body smell.
    What are your experiences with this material? Are there any other natural or synthetic materials that would vary depending of person wearing it and are known specially for such an application? I am very curious of materials with such performance.

Also what are some popular blends with Davana? I don't have the Davana yet so i am asking to buy materials to experiment with.

Default Re: Davana and "individualistic notes"

I haven't tried Davana on my skin yet. It has a very strong odor and I would imagine that a little goes a long way.

To my nose, on a scent strip, Davana smells like flower & overripe mango.

Here is an interesting article on the different perceptions of Davana:

http://perfumenw.blogspot.com/2012/0...na-report.html

"This, what is it in itself, and by itself, according to its proper constitution? What is the substance of it? What is the matter, or proper use? What is the form, or efficient cause? What is it for in this world, and how long will it abide? Thus must thou examine all things that present themselves unto thee." Marcus Aurelius

Default Re: Davana and "individualistic notes"

A tantra teacher once told me he could smell the strongest fear of a person from the way Cistus smelled on them.. I got shame