Code of Conduct

Question Mugler Cologne Which Size?

I'm interested in this fragrance. The 10.2 oz. is not really a huge jump in price vs. the 3.4. I believe the 10.2 is around $89 and the 3.4 is $60 retail. For those of you that are fans of this fragrance which size did you go with?

Also - if I go with the bigger size can you recommend an atomizer I could spray/pour into? I've heard negative reviews about the Sephora atomizer but that is the only one I've seen in stores.

Default Re: Mugler Cologne Which Size?

If you really, really like this scent, go with the larger size as the price differential is not great.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Unfortunately, currently having no further available info/advice about the atomizer recommended for this fragrance. But my advice about the bottle size and its price is to go for the larger bottling, especially if there is significantly much more quantity retailed for a comparatively moderate additional price.

Is the 10.2oz edt?

Also TheRealJwil in the sales thread is selling a big bottle for like $20.(page 2)
    Last edited by Mitchapalooza; 28th June 2014 at 03:21 PM.

I've owned 2 bottles of the 4.1 oz. ( going for $42 on Fragrancenet right now) and love it. I actually think they discontinued that particular size. i looked at the price of the 10 oz and choose the 4.1 oz because I didnt think I'd use that much juice (but i do). I have other options now than I did when I first discovered MC so this new bottle is going to last me a while...or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchapalooza View Post
    Also TheRealJwil in the sales thread is selling a big bottle for like $20.(page 2)
    He's selling the 75ml bottle only as far as I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Unadan View Post
    He's selling the 75ml bottle only as far as I can tell.
    Oh ok.. just make sure you get the eau de toilette cuz i'm not sure if they still make mugler in eau de cologne concentration or not but if you do get eau de cologne you'll use twice as much since it doesnt last long.

I'd get the big one. It's such a nice, clean fragrance that you can always find time to wear it. In fact, it's my SOTD.

Isn't this scent only sold in one concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by Unadan View Post
    Isn't this scent only sold in one concentration?
    Sorry my mistake.. it does only come in one concentration (edt). Turns out a few websites were marketing it as an edc by mistake a while back. I watched a fragrance bros review of it and even they thought it came in edc.

I have the 10 oz and use it whenever I'm not sure what to wear and sometimes my bedsheets get a spray since i have so much
    My current obsessions for now
    Oud Wood , Noir de Noir , DHI , Mugler Cologne , Bond No.9 Bleeker St. ,
    Ramone Monegal Agar Musk & Umbra , Chanel Coromondel ,

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    If you really, really like this scent, go with the larger size as the price differential is not great.
    +1. It's a clean soapy scent you can spray frequently. I own the 300ML size. It's 3x the juice (300%) for 50% more cost. No brainer to me..

BTW the 300 ML comes with a sprayer which works fine.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Armani Prive Oud Royale_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud Musk______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire

300 ml is the way to go.
    Great, Great fragrance !
    Considering the versatility, kind of fragrance (liberal application works best)...and of course the cost gets to a mere $30/100ml in the jumbo size...
    No Brainer, really !

You can find the 100ml for around $30 on Amazon or FragranceNet. That's the bottle I would go with. It's the only size with a different bottle as far as I know, and I think it looks much better than the other ones.

You can buy a 2.6oz/75ml (splash, unboxed) on eBay for $15-17. I got one recently and it's perfect.

Donimo

Thanks to your question i found out my 100ml bottle is refillable. I tip my cap to you sir.. my bottle cap that is. :-)

Mugler Cologne smells great. However, I think this could be one of those fragrances you love at first, but over time the smell could get boring/linear. So even though economically, its best to get the 10 oz, I think you should just get the 3.4 if you don't consider it a top fragrance.

An SA at Macy's told me today I should get the 3.4 oz size because the 10.2 would start going stale before I could finish it. Not sure she's right about that part.