Code of Conduct

Default looking for a scottish parfume

I'm goi g to dundee. Any scottish parfume i should buy once there?

Default Re: looking for a scottish parfume

Hi!

No idea what they're like, but Arran Aromatics is one brand which springs to mind.

Maybe our Scottish members will know more - good luck!
    Directory contribution link:-
    http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

Castle Forbes is a first rate Scottish brand. Have tried some of their stuff in Fortnum and Mason.

Och Aye the Noo by McHaggis is a nice one

Blog Entries

Try the Arran -After the Rain EDT ​and give us a review!
    Last edited by kumquat; 30th June 2014 at 02:32 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    Och Aye the Noo by McHaggis is a nice one
    l know you think you're being funny, but if you said something similar about any other race it would be considered racist. Why is it ok to stereotype Scottish people??
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    l know you think you're being funny, but if you said something similar about any other race it would be considered racist. Why is it ok to stereotype Scottish people??
    The same reason Bill Hicks used to stereotype Americans from the 'redneck' states -- it's funny.

So an Englishman is characterised as saying 'I say old boy' a lot and wearing a bowler hat. Stereotypical but a far cry from racism.

I have tried several from Castle Forbes. All strong but not very pleasant to me. Arran Aromatics - I have a small bottle of Bay Citrus and have tried After the Rain and Driftwood in store. All pleasant but weak. Still looking for good and strong. Hopefully this will be sorted for when the oil runs out

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto Duran's Gloves View Post
    Castle Forbes is a first rate Scottish brand. Have tried some of their stuff in Fortnum and Mason.
    +1 on Castle Forbes. I use the shaving range and have a few of their scents too. A brand you won't see mentioned here much as they are such a small company, but totally exclusive and worth the reasonable prices.

No idea if it's available from anywhere in particular in Dundee, but they are made in Aberdeenshire and can be found online and as the quoted post says in F&M in London.

Quote Originally Posted by nonnative View Post
    I'm goi g to dundee. Any scottish parfume i should buy once there?
    Got to ask.....

Why are you going to Dundee???

Hi nonnative. I'm sorry to say that coming from Milan to Scotland in the hope of dicsovering a new fragrance will most likely leave you dissapointed. All Italian cities are so well served for fragrance.

Arran Aromatics After the Rain has quite a cult following. It is pleasant but very light. It would be nice after a shower or bath I think. To my embarrassment I don't know the Castle Forbes Fragrance line. I should do somehing about that.

If it is possible to come to Edinburgh or Glasgow I would love to meet you. Edinburgh has a lovely quirky Penhaligon's shop.

If you are looking for something nice can I recommend our raspberries and strawberries which are just in season now. There is the whisky of course, and I highly recommend Hendricks Gin which has notes of rose and cucumber, and also Edinburgh raspberry gin, totally yummy.

....and BTW nobody actually says Och aye the noo........

Quote Originally Posted by Foustie View Post
    Hi nonnative. I'm sorry to say that coming from Milan to Scotland in the hope of dicsovering a new fragrance will most likely leave you dissapointed. All Italian cities are so well served for fragrance.

Arran Aromatics After the Rain has quite a cult following. It is pleasant but very light. It would be nice after a shower or bath I think. To my embarrassment I don't know the Castle Forbes Fragrance line. I should do somehing about that.

If it is possible to come to Edinburgh or Glasgow I would love to meet you. Edinburgh has a lovely quirky Penhaligon's shop.

If you are looking for something nice can I recommend our raspberries and strawberries which are just in season now. There is the whisky of course, and I highly recommend Hendricks Gin which has notes of rose and cucumber, and also Edinburgh raspberry gin, totally yummy.

....and BTW nobody actually says Och aye the noo........
    Hendricks Gin is fantastic - used to be my drink of choice when mixed with Fever Tree Tonic - marvellous stuff

Isn't it great yarn? And it does have that really quite pronounced rose note. The aftertaste has a hint of Turkish Delight.

Isn't it great yarn? And it does have that really quite pronounced rose note. The aftertaste has a hint of Turkish Delight.
    After giving up alcohol two years ago (not for any reason other than getting back to my fighting weight I must add) I can confirm that the two drinks I miss are Hendricks and a nice glass of red wine - these are the only two things that make my self-imposed exile from alcohol waver!

If you are looking for something nice can I recommend our raspberries and strawberries which are just in season now.
    Excuse me from steering away from the purpose of this thread, but as I have never been to Scotland I am curious if the raspberries that grow in your region are the common red colored ones or the yellow colored ones? Now - Back to Scottish perfumes.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Excuse me from steering away from the purpose of this thread, but as I have never been to Scotland I am curious if the raspberries that grow in your region are the common red colored ones or the yellow colored ones? Now - Back to Scottish perfumes.
    The answer to your question is- both I also had a very good box of Sweet Eve strawberries from Scotland this week.

As for the OP's question, After the Rain Noir comes recommended as well as the original After the Rain and the body products that Arran Aromatics make are great too. I hope you enjoy Dundee, which is more famous for cake than for perfume, I'm afraid.
    'I suggest we learn to love ourselves before it's made illegal.'

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto Duran's Gloves View Post
    ITA. Do try their Eau Deux!
    "Scent is very important. Strong fragrances suit some men, while citrus types suit others. I like my men to smell fresh and woody, but also like a man."
    Donatella Versace

Thanks sfmedusa! At the risk of being locked down for being off topic..... yes Hednic, mainly red ones though. It's not my region but an area called Tayside that is famous for it's soft fruits/berries. They like the climate.

I wish that there was more to say about Scottish Perfumes..........

Blog Entries

What about heather? Does it have a scent?

I may be too late but this enquiry encouraged me to search on the internet and these popped up:

http://www.pgorganics.co.uk/shop

Patricia Gallagher "Embrace" © 2014 PG Organics by Patricia Gallagher. Natural Organic Perfume Scotland.

It looks like you could try "Embrace" in Fife, {Clarity House of massage www.clarityhouse.co.uk } or in Cornwall {Daisy Hill www.daisyhillltd.com} but otherwise it would be online purchasing only.

Also, Scottish Fine Soaps, which has an address in Falkirk, offers fragrant goodies too, including

https://www.scottishfinesoaps.com/GiftIdeas.html

And, as luck would have it, you have access to "The Gentleman's Groom Room traditional shaving and male grooming retail shop is situated in Dundee City Centre, Scotland." http://www.thegentlemansgroomroom.co...ries/fragrance

So you might manage to bring home a scented souvenir from Scotland after all!