Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default What is the absolute FRESHEST & CLEANEST fragrance you have ever smelt?

I am talking so fresh & so clean it makes you feel like singing this!

Default Re: What is the absolute FRESHEST & CLEANEST fragrance you have ever smelt?

Amouage - Homage Attar

Though I personally think this fragrance transcends both those terms.

Default Re: What is the absolute FRESHEST & CLEANEST fragrance you have ever smelt?

You know, this is kinda tough....but probably I'd have to say Armani Code Sport Athlete. Although I could see 2008 Dior homme sport right in there also.

My SOTD, actually: L'Humaniste. Very fresh, citrusy, and clean - it reminds me of this old commercial in a way:

Top 5 for Winter:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Back to Black - By Kilian
    3) M7 (vintage or Oud Absolu) - YSL
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5) John Varvatos Vintage

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Hard to choose, but for me probably Siecle.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Original Vetiver

Was first thinking Xerjoff Nio, or MFK Acqua Universalis, but I think I have to give it to Creed Pure White Cologne.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    4. by Kilian - Incense Oud
    5. Puredistance - Black
    6. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    7. Armani Priv - Oud Royal
    8. Brckner - Aoud 1
    9. Creed - Royal English Leather
    10. House of Matriarch - Blackbird

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    ....but I think I have to give it to Creed Pure White Cologne.
    I agree. There are many great fresh/clean fragrances, but PWC's my fav.
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Himalaya, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti, L'Occitane The Vert, Numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...-Vert-*SAMPLES

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Himalaya, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti, L'Occitane The Vert, Numerous popular SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

L'Humaniste by Frapin or Amouage Reflection Man.

Blog Entries

Gendarme

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Xerjoff Nio
    CURRENT TOP TEN FOR FALL/WINTER:
    1.) Helmut Lang Cuiron (Vintage)
    2.) Tiffany for men (Vintage)
    3.) Bel Ami Vetiver
    4.) New York Intense
    5.) Nicolai Carre d'as
    6.) Cartier Declaration Essence
    7.) Frederick Malle's VE/Sycomore
    8.) Houbigant Fougere Royale
    9.) L'Homme Sage
    10.) Bond no. 9 Scent of Peace

Probably L'Humaniste or Pure White Cologne. I'm also partial to Neroli Portofino.

Quote Originally Posted by FSU92grad View Post
    Xerjoff Nio
    Another really good one for this category.

Been using Dove original clean body wash and underarm deodorant for years and still haven't found anything as fresh and clean in a cologne.

If I did, I think I would get rid of more than half my collection as that would be the closest thing to a "holy grail" for me.

Basenotes Plus

Dior Vetiver
    Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
    Current Faves:
    Clive Christian X
    Xerjoff Richwood
    Creed Aventus
    Creed Royal Oud
    Mona di Orio Oud
    Tom Ford Tuscan Leather
    Tom Ford Oud Wood
    Tom Ford Patchouli Absolu
    Tom Ford Plum Japonais
    Aqua di Parma Colonia Leather

I like Mugler Cologne.

Gendarme
    Mugler Cologne
    Neroli Portofino
    Original Vetiver

Several vetivers floating by, and I agree. The freshest, zingiest vetiver to me is Malle Vetiver extraordinaire.

cacio

Tommy T - whatever shirt I wear, this makes it seem ultra fresh and newly ironed.
    Regards,
    Renato

Chanel Allure Homme Sport Cologne Sport. Fresh-out-of-the-shower smell all day long.

I second (or third?) Creed's Pure White Cologne, but in my experience, especially on a hot day, nothing is more fresh and clean than Acqua di Parma Colonia and Colonia Essenza.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

MFK's Absolue pour le Matin - Prada's Infusion d'Homme on steroids.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Grigio Perla uomo, also a bang for the buck!
    "Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?" John Lydon

Cartier Declaration 'Cologne' among many others.
    My Top '10' : (In no particular order)

- Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Loewe: Esencia/Pour Homme/Solo/7
    - Davidoff: Leather Blend Edp
    - Dior: Eau Sauvage Parfum
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Guerlain: Vetiver
    - Van Cleef & Arpels: Pour Homme
    - Hermes: Terre d'Hermes
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraicheur)

Another for Mugler Cologne
    Well, it's cheaper than therapy... edit: No it's not...

Creed OV, Acca Kappa Muschio Bianco, Boss Elements Aqua, most of the Prada Infusions, most of the less musky, less floral and less spicy EDC- from mass market to niche, GPH II, most of the Kenzo aquatics, especially PH and L'Eau PH, among others.

Molecule 01. ..fresh as it gets
    An investment in knowledge pays the best interest

- Benjamin Franklin

Eau de Rochas Homme
    And Echo by Davidoff! I really feel so fresh and clean when I'm wearing this, it's to the point that I never wear Echo the days that I have not shaved!
    My all time favorite:

Dior Fahrenheit

Gv, paph, ov
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Cleanest - Mugler Cologne
    Freshest - L'humaniste
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

Frapin L'Humaniste
    A Lab on Fire Almost Transparent Blue
    Armani AdG
    My current top 10 fragrances :
    1. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    2. A Lab on Fire Almost Transparent Blue
    3. YSL L'Homme Libre
    4. Tauer Perfumes L'Air du Desert Marocain
    5. Rania J. Ambre Loup
    6. Atelier Cologne Cedrat Enivrant
    7. Parfum MDCI Ambre Topkapi
    8. Imaginary Authors Memoirs of a Trespasser
    9. Heeley Sel Marin
    10. by Kilian Back to Black

Homeboy, if your talking so fresh, and so clean. You cant use just one. You gotta casually RIDE with that Gucci Envy, spray overload wit that vintage (pre-1994) Dolce Gabbana Pour Homme, with a just a light coat of that armani sport code athlete if its summatime.
    Only do this if you have enough $$ to get a cane and a fancy gimp suit though....too fresh, too clean

Dior Homme Sport 2008

Prada Infusion d'Homme

Basenotes Plus

Pen's Blenheim Bouquet.

For me it's Gendarme. I consider it a "fresh out of the shower" type of clean scent.

Bulgari Eau Parfumee au The Blanc.

byandthrough

Green Irish Tweed does this for me.

That I have knowingly smelled, Penhaligon's Castile, Gendarme and to a slightly lesser degree Yachtman Blue and Sung Homme I have smelled some VERY fresh clean scents on people but I am not sure what they are, perhaps some of the ones mentioned by others.

For me it'll be Aqua de gio

Nexus 5

When I walk outside with my new sample of Balafre, I sing Zippidy Doo Da and magical cartoon birds appear on my shoulder lol
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Eau de Rochas Pour Homme, Lacoste by Lacoste and Grey Vetiver +1.

To be quite honest? It was this old Abercrombie & Fitch I had when I first started getting into fragrances (back near my join date). And it was so clean, light, and fresh that it was my go-to cologne to wear for interviews. The bottle is long gone, unfortunately.
    Current top 5:
    1) MDCI Invasion Barbare
    2) Imaginary Authors The Cobra and The Canary
    3) Guerlain Vetiver
    4) Parfums de Nicolai: New York
    5) A*Men: Pure Havane

SALES THREAD!
    SWAP THREAD

Boots Freshwood

Gendarme

Eau de Rochas
    Eau de Rochas pour Homme
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

Pre 2013 GIT is the epitome of fresh,clean fragrance.

Nio, Jardin du poete and neroli portofino comes to mind.
    Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_349 using Tapatalk

Tauer's re-released Cologne du Maghreb is getting a lot of praise in that regard. My sample is on the way and i shall see if it lives up to all praising reviews.
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

Quote Originally Posted by fragrance123 View Post
    I like Mugler Cologne.
    Ditto. It's been ruthlessly hot here in FLA and, on hednic's recommendation, I recently picked up a bottle of this. I don't want to wear anything else. The freshest and cleanest fragrance I've ever worn.

Dior Homme Cologne (2013)

Onyx Azzaro and Hei.
    My top ten, in no particular order:
    Eau Des Baux
    Spicebomb
    Hanae Mori HiM
    Polo
    Halston Man Amber
    Mugler Pure Havane
    24 Gold
    L'eau Bleue D'issey Pour Homme
    Kenzo Jungle Homme
    Terre D'Hermes

Basenotes Member

Freshest for me - Neroli Portofino
    Cleanest - YSL Rive Gauche

Quote Originally Posted by Hordak View Post

Nice!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Mick_Trick View Post
    Another for Mugler Cologne
    +1 Mugler Cologne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chanel Allure Homme Sport Cologne (big clear 5.0 OZ bottle). As much as I don't like it, Chrome ain't far behind.

Creed Original Veitiver as well.

Freshest would be Kenzo Homme Sport.

Cleanest would be Febreze, probably

Basenotes Member

Le Labo's Bergamote 22 (is it 22? I can't remember). Also, Allure Homme Sport Cologne. Both total winners.