Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Guerlain L'Homme Ideal...pathetic generic trash.

Maybe I didn't search properly ?...
    I found one thread about this, dated April. It's been released here in France.
    On fragrantica there are already many reviews of this.
    The reviews speak for themselves.....
    "Tragic" !!! What is going on with these major designer houses, producing such low quality, unimaginative generic fragrances ? I am so unimpressed by them all. They all smell the same - operative words are boring, bland. Is this the effect of globalisation ? Seems so.
    The major houses seem to be copying each other rather than being inventive. Whatever happened to that word "dynamic" ??
    Reviewers on fragrantica compare this to " Valentino Uomo/ Axe Instinct/ YSL La Nuit....."

I can only say, hat's off to Dior, who seem to have more initiative than all of the others put together.
    Last edited by david; 1st July 2014 at 12:18 AM.
    " Only wimps swim with the current "

Default Re: Guerlain L'Homme Ideal...pathetic generic trash.

Have you actually smelled it?

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    Today...on the skin and on a test strip....otherwise I would not pass any judgement. If you think I'm just being "akward", look at all the reviews on fragrantica.

Have you actually smelled it ?
    ...obviously not.

Relax, david. I couldn't tell from your post whether you had actually smelled it or not. That's why I asked.

I was really looking forward to this release, as were / are many others. I have not smelled this to date and I will also reserve my judgement until I have a chance to smell it, but it doesn't look good.
    Thanks for your view on this one David.
    BRING BACK OUR GIRLS!

I might try it when the prices plummet. Sounds like this one sucks.

Still plan to buy it when the opportunity arises despite what has already been expressed.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

I'll test it. I wouldn't buy this one blind. Thanks for sharing David
    Seasonal rotation:

Santal Imperial
    Ambre Topkapi
    Rose 31
    Green Irish Tweed
    Original Santal
    Prada Amber PH

It's a mainstream release - I hope it does really well for them so TW can kick back and fire off a few more Songe d'un Bois d'Ete's for those of us who are interested.

When you look at what passes for 'masculine' these days anything that does not have 'pink pepper' up front, 'cedar and woods notes' in the middle and 'masculine vanilla cupcake' in the base . . . is basically an anomaly. Well, unless it's supa-fresh, of course, which seems to be the other accepted approach for the bros.

Nevertheless, look forward to trying it.
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
    ― Isaac Asimov

I'm very disappointed with L'Homme Idéal. We wait years for the new men's fragrance from Guerlain, and all we get is a syrupy mess that most will struggle to distinguish from the other mainstreams masculines on offer. Where's the creativity, the innovation? It would have been great to see a dry, modern masculine chypre, a new take on the aromatic fougère - anything that would have stood out a little from the crowd.

In other areas - his careful restoration of the classic Guerlain heritage, for instance - Wasser has been a real boon, but his own compositions rarely sparkle. A real shame.
    Last edited by saminlondon; 1st July 2014 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mr. reasonable View Post
    It's a mainstream release - I hope it does really well for them so TW can kick back and fire off a few more Songe d'un Bois d'Ete's for those of us who are interested.

When you look at what passes for 'masculine' these days anything that does not have 'pink pepper' up front, 'cedar and woods notes' in the middle and 'masculine vanilla cupcake' in the base . . . is basically an anomaly. Well, unless it's supa-fresh, of course, which seems to be the other accepted approach for the bros.

Nevertheless, look forward to trying it.
    Sums it up good. Haven't smelled it but hard to expect much when they have to compete with disinfectants like Bleu de Chanel or many of the various masculine syrups. But somehow I think it's probably a good fragrance. There's a reason why Guerlain is still considered the greatest perfume house. Hell, even the much maligned Guerlain Homme is a lot better overall composition than most of what's out there.

Yeah, variations of Songe d'un Bois d'Ete would be hugely appreciated. One of the best things I've ever smelled. Hopefully Wasser will have the freedom to do some more of that.
    Last edited by pluran; 1st July 2014 at 01:50 PM.

no wonder!

Quote Originally Posted by saminlondon View Post
    I'm very disappointed with L'Homme Idéal. We wait years for the new men's fragrance from Guerlain, and all we get is a syrupy mess that most will struggle to distinguish from the other mainstreams masculines on offer. Where's the creativity, the innovation? It would have been great to see a dry, modern masculine chypre, a new take on the aromatic fougère - anything that would have stood out a little from the crowd.

In other areas - his careful restoration of the classic Guerlain heritage, for instance - Wasser has been a real boon, but his own compositions rarely sparkle. A real shame.
    I don't know why so many BNers have such confidence in these companies any longer! Fortunately, and unlike most things in life, you can "relive the glory days" by simply buying vintage bottles. Why hope for a Derby-like scent when you can just buy a bottle of Derby?

And so it begins (pretty much as expected)
    Just say no to oniomania.

It will probably fare on Basenotes like a number of other frags released over the past few years: outright dismissal at first followed by a more objective reapppraisal several years later when it will receive greater appreciation.

I don't have a problem with these sorts of fragrances, especially if, as mr. reasonable mentions, it allows a company the financial wiggle room to create more daring or innovative fragrances for the connoisseurs.

EDIT: Letting the following paragraph stand as I wrote it. It is, however, incorrect, as pointed out by several members in their posts below. L'Homme and the various Hommes are not related. Sorry for any confusion.

I don't quite understand the disappointment specifically directed towards a flanker of Guerlain L'Homme. The original and its earlier flankers were all mass market fragrances made in a style that appeals to that market. What L'Homme Ideale turned out to be shouldn't have been a big surprise.
    Last edited by noggs; 1st July 2014 at 03:56 PM.

I think many are too quick to pass judgement, as well as base their judgement and their expectations of a fragrance on the "history" of a house, like Guerlain. I too fall into this category, and did this with Bleu de Chanel, for example.

I think more time needs to be spent with a fragrance, like a week of normal wear, instead of smelling it once on the skin and/or test strip.
    "I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post
    It will probably fare on Basenotes like a number of other frags released over the past few years: outright dismissal at first followed by a more objective reapppraisal several years later when it will receive greater appreciation.....
    Great perceptions as usual, noggs. Build 'em up then tear 'em down and vice versa. Been that way for a long time. Hell, I don't think I've smelled anything by Guerlain that was all that bad. There's a reason why it's still considered the greatest perfume house and why every great perfumer wants to work for them.

It will probably fare on Basenotes like a number of other frags released over the past few years: outright dismissal at first followed by a more objective reapppraisal several years later when it will receive greater appreciation.

I don't have a problem with these sorts of fragrances, especially if, as mr. reasonable mentions, it allows a company the financial wiggle room to create more daring or innovative fragrances for the connoisseurs.

I don't quite understand the disappointment specifically directed towards a flanker of Guerlain L'Homme. The original and its earlier flankers were all mass market fragrances made in a style that appeals to that market. What L'Homme Ideale turned out to be shouldn't have been a big surprise.
    Absolutely agree that time out to reflect and consider is necessary, but as far as this one is concerned I have a sample, don't like it and at the moment don't feel like going anywhere near it! Maybe I'll come round eventually, who knows.

Of course I've no problem if Guerlain's commercial releases facilitate the creation of more innovative fragrances - but where are they? The succession of Petite Robe Noire and Shalimar flankers (Parfum Initial is dead, long live Soufflé de Shalimar) certainly don't fit into that category. And longstanding, distinctive, historically significant scents like Véga and Sous le Vent have got the chop. I suppose it's the whiff of cynicism that gets me.

By the way, I don't think L'Homme Idéal is supposed to be a flanker of L'Homme, is it? I had the impression it was a standalone release.

Relax, david. I couldn't tell from your post whether you had actually smelled it or not. That's why I asked.
    Sorry Buysblind, I do apologise !!

Absolutely agree that time out to reflect and consider is necessary, but as far as this one is concerned I have a sample, don't like it and at the moment don't feel like going anywhere near it! Maybe I'll come round eventually, who knows.

Of course I've no problem if Guerlain's commercial releases facilitate the creation of more innovative fragrances - but where are they? The succession of Petite Robe Noire and Shalimar flankers (Parfum Initial is dead, long live Soufflé de Shalimar) certainly don't fit into that category. And longstanding, distinctive, historically significant scents like Véga and Sous le Vent have got the chop. I suppose it's the whiff of cynicism that gets me.

By the way, I don't think L'Homme Idéal is supposed to be a flanker of L'Homme, is it? I had the impression it was a standalone release.

No it's not. The other fragrance (and it's flankers) isn't named Guerlain L'Homme either. It's Guerlain Homme (L'Eau, L'Eau Boisee, and Intense). Pointing this out only because it helps clarify that these are two completely separate releases--Guerlain L'Homme Ideal and Guerlain Homme.

Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    Sorry Buysblind, I do apologise !!
    No problem, David. Just a misunderstanding!

Thanks to everyone for your views.
    Believe me I am not bashing Guerlain, or this fragrance - for the sake of it. It is my personal opinion on this one and I don't think it will change in five years time, or in ten years time.
    This one's not for me and I'm personally sick and tired of this trend of low quality, synthetic,crowd pleaser/ proletarian fragrances.
    I cannot understand the, "if you haven't got anything good to say about a fragrance..then don't say anything" attitude here sometimes...?
    Perhaps for some, my comments are seen as attacking a Holy Grail....
    I really admire Dior for producing cutting edge stuff. They took risks with Dior Homme and it paid off bigtime. I think this is currently the best selling male fragrance in France. They also produced many other daring,ingenious perfumes in recent years, including Eau Sauvage Parfum.
    I praise Dior for their creativity and use of high quality ingredients.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    I don't know why so many BNers have such confidence in these companies any longer! Fortunately, and unlike most things in life, you can "relive the glory days" by simply buying vintage bottles. Why hope for a Derby-like scent when you can just buy a bottle of Derby?
    Totally agree with this. I also agree very much with the comments of saminlondon.

Ouch. I was going to blind buy this as soon as it's avaliable here, but I think I'll have to try it first. Nothing but negative reviews so far.

Heh, I was going to say the same thing, except phrase it more snarkily, like, "you pack of eggheads is not to be trusted, given your horrific history with Bleu de Chanel". (obviously just teasing... very much appreciate the sophisticated tastes here). But the fact is, even really great compositions like BdC don't fare well on BN if they're too accessible. Duly noted, though, this is a more mass market, accessible fragrance.

Oops, I think you are right.

I wasn't paying enough attention to the distinction between Homme and L'Homme (bloody French!). Should've done my homework before spouting off. Guerlain's promotion of this treats it as a separate fragrance.

Thanks for setting this straight.

With notable exceptions, fragrance houses have always played to the broad tastes of the time; what's really at issue here is that the taste of many connoisseurs such as us Basenoters is out-of-step with what's currently in fashion. As much as I'd admire Guerlain releasing a masculine chypre, there's no way it would sell; most guys smelling a chypre today will associate the accord with datedness, with a grandparent perhaps, but certainly not with something they want to smell like. When chypres were popular, they were, well, POPULAR, and the connotation of the scent was new, now, desirable. We enthusiasts go back and appreciate it, but it's something now out-of-time.

The more realistic thing to look for, as far as broadly-targeted releases, is a composition which plays off current fashions while saying something new and distinguished within that vocabulary. Dior Homme comes to mind right away: it's both daring, in that it turns on a (synthetic) iris note in a men's fragrance, but it also sits on a sweet-cacao-suede-wood base which is happily legible to men with a taste for current gourmands, vanilla, etc.

For something to step forward as both different and broadly appealing, it has to hit the right next step at the right time. I have no idea of the formula there, if there is one, but I'd suspect it has to feel to audiences as a step forward (when calone was novel, say), rather than a step back (chypre today).

I mentioned this in another thread, but it's interesting to consider that Chanel Pour Monsieur, which most of us regard highly, was released at a time when chypres were part of the lingua franca of fragrances -- that was just a normal way a fragrance would smell. Chanel offered a readily legible, go-for-it-and-feel-right men's composition, something familiar but made with care and intelligence. Now we like it because it's out-of-step. But how is Bleu de Chanel today so different from what Pour Monsieur was then? BdC is based on what is currently a familiar motif, something currently associated with cleanliness and grooming, and composed to be easy-to-reach-for, recognizable, popular, but created with care and intelligence. Many of us don't care for it because it is in-step with popular taste. Many of us who have spent more time with it have discovered it to be far less careless and cynical than it first appears, though none would claim it offers anything daring or different -- as Pour Monsieur did not in its time, either.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

I have a feeling i will like this. Even the negative views, when sliced and diced, lend some cred to L'HI, IMO.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Quote Originally Posted by onethinline View Post
    With notable exceptions, fragrance houses have always played to the broad tastes of the time; what's really at issue here is that the taste of many connoisseurs such as us Basenoters is out-of-step with what's currently in fashion. As much as I'd admire Guerlain releasing a masculine chypre, there's no way it would sell; most guys smelling a chypre today will associate the accord with datedness, with a grandparent perhaps, but certainly not with something they want to smell like. When chypres were popular, they were, well, POPULAR, and the connotation of the scent was new, now, desirable. We enthusiasts go back and appreciate it, but it's something now out-of-time.

The more realistic thing to look for, as far as broadly-targeted releases, is a composition which plays off current fashions while saying something new and distinguished within that vocabulary. Dior Homme comes to mind right away: it's both daring, in that it turns on a (synthetic) iris note in a men's fragrance, but it also sits on a sweet-cacao-suede-wood base which is happily legible to men with a taste for current gourmands, vanilla, etc.

For something to step forward as both different and broadly appealing, it has to hit the right next step at the right time. I have no idea of the formula there, if there is one, but I'd suspect it has to feel to audiences as a step forward (when calone was novel, say), rather than a step back (chypre today).

I mentioned this in another thread, but it's interesting to consider that Chanel Pour Monsieur, which most of us regard highly, was released at a time when chypres were part of the lingua franca of fragrances -- that was just a normal way a fragrance would smell. Chanel offered a readily legible, go-for-it-and-feel-right men's composition, something familiar but made with care and intelligence. Now we like it because it's out-of-step. But how is Bleu de Chanel today so different from what Pour Monsieur was then? BdC is based on what is currently a familiar motif, something currently associated with cleanliness and grooming, and composed to be easy-to-reach-for, recognizable, popular, but created with care and intelligence. Many of us don't care for it because it is in-step with popular taste. Many of us who have spent more time with it have discovered it to be far less careless and cynical than it first appears, though none would claim it offers anything daring or different -- as Pour Monsieur did not in its time, either.
    This is a great post. Although I would be interested to hear how many people of fashion / perfume connoiseurs found those "popular" scents also classy and well done... here it seems like people (whose noses I trust) claim that this scent is simply shoddy and badly composed, regardless of the popularity of the scent. I have no idea since I haven't tried it, but I'm looking forward to trying it for myself.

I think Dior has been doing it right. They can put out a scent and call it "Aqua Fahrenheit" and it is still more original and striking than many other things out there on the market. And then they throw perfume connoisseurs a bone with their privée line.

Quote Originally Posted by gtsb View Post
    I would be interested to hear how many people of fashion / perfume connoiseurs found those "popular" scents also classy and well done... here it seems like people (whose noses I trust) claim that this scent is simply shoddy and badly composed, regardless of the popularity of the scent. I have no idea since I haven't tried it, but I'm looking forward to trying it for myself.

I think Dior has been doing it right. They can put out a scent and call it "Aqua Fahrenheit" and it is still more original and striking than many other things out there on the market. And then they throw perfume connoisseurs a bone with their privée line.
    Just for the record, I don't think it's shoddy or badly done: I just see it as absolutely generic, like David. Am so fed up with sweetish, gourmandy smells, hence my (probably unreastlic) hope for something dry, modern and innovative (i.e. not a powerhouse/vintage rehash).

Comments about Dior are spot on. Dior Homme was daring, and it paid off. Why can't Guerlain take a similar risk? Like Guerlain, Dior is part of LMVH, so it's not (presumably) a money issue.

I'm sad to say that I agree with all the negative reviews. "L'homme idéal" is completely banal and uninspired. It's just a masculine gourmand, woody, pungent fragrance that borrows some accords from dozens of popular men perfumes available in the market.

This promoting video featuring Thierry Wasser is pretty ridiculous... Mr. Wasser sounds and acts like a puppet from the marketing department: "The ideal fragrance exists... it's coming... are you ready?".
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWRsMZfwpHw

This is truly sad... Everything is blending together... It all smells the same... Wow!!! I did not see this coming!!! How long will it take to see L'Homme Ideal Intense released?

What intrigues me the most is that they limit the distribution of the fragrance, then say that it got axed due to limited sales. i mean logic dictates if you limit the distribution of something, you will get less people buying it. And dont even get me started on the prohibitive pricing.
    seeking mitsouko 50ml's cap....desperately!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Garçon View Post
    I'm sad to say that I agree with all the negative reviewss of popu

This promoting video featuring Thierry Wasser is pretty ridiculous... Mr. Wasser sounds and acts like a puppet from the marketing department: "The ideal fragrance exists... it's coming... are you ready?".
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWRsMZfwpHw
    The video is utterly ridiculous:
    "I created this fragrance to trigger your full potential ".
    "this fragrance is designed for the man who catch the eye of every woman"

The seduction's guru...

And the comercial with Jon Kortajarena at the end reminds a lot to Kokorico's comercial

Well... Let's waitk for the reformulation

I was wearing it this week and I think that, despite the generic notes of testosterone (that cheap woody deodorant note), the note of bitter almond is quite nice. I think that a future, improved "eau de parfum" version with more emphasis on the amaretto and leather notes (too light in the current version) would be extremely interesting.

The app is ridiculous. It's not giving me a good feeling.

You guys have seen the app, right?

I have no idea if its good or bad, but I can respect what they are doing. Its pretty clear there is a lot of thought and vision behind this frag by TW. And they did a good job in the brief commercial of explaining it. If you want to take issue with the scent, performance, price etc its all fair game. But for people to claim that it is generic or uninspired is vapid criticism. Its that same old trite thing to do when you can't articulate a legit reason. I'm looking forward to sampling it. If it sux, it sux but give it a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by SmellyFinger View Post
    I have no idea if its good or bad, but I can respect what they are doing. Its pretty clear there is a lot of thought and vision behind this frag by TW. And they did a good job in the brief commercial of explaining it. If you want to take issue with the scent, performance, price etc its all fair game. But for people to claim that it is generic or uninspired is vapid criticism. Its that same old trite thing to do when you can't articulate a legit reason. I'm looking forward to sampling it. If it sux, it sux but give it a chance.
    I was simply giving my personal views about this fragrance, (which seems to relate closely to most other peoples views) - both here and on fragrantica. Why are you so on the offensive? If you read my post I articulated more than one legit reason as to why I don't like the fragrance. All this "have a nice day" positiveness is so superficial, phoney...and really sux.

I was simply giving my personal views about this fragrance, (which seems to relate closely to most other peoples views) - both here and on fragrantica. Why are you so on the offensive? If you read my post I articulated more than one legit reason as to why I don't like the fragrance. All this "have a nice day" positiveness is so superficial, phoney...and really sux.
    1- I never said you couldn't give your opinion. But perhaps some details? What didn't work for you and why? I am tired of "generic" criticisms that accuse everything of being "generic". Its a bit trite.

2- So when I give my OPINION about your OPINION, I'm being offensive? Seriously?

3- I agree about the have a nice day BS. If you want to slam them go ahead. I just wanted some clear criticism. How do it perform? Longevity? Projection? Look, I get it. A lot of stuff has been done to death. But a well executed and good performing fragrance is still worthy. And does not equate to "pathetic generic trash". The amaretto seemed unique as did the thought behind it. We will agree to disagree...
    Last edited by SmellyFinger; 5th July 2014 at 11:32 PM.

It's not pathetic trash. Not by a long shot. I get a mix of Dolcelisir and Valentino Uomo. No bad thing in my opinion. Very much enjoying it.

I can't help but expect Uvalde's Gartner Hype theory to manifest itself with this release. Despite the unfavorable reviews thus far, nothing has persuaded me to not seek this one out upon release. If anything, the remarks has only supported my initial impressions of it as a modern dichotomously fresh/woodsy crowd-pleaser, which highlights LPRN's amaretto accord. I still don't get with that formula what's not to like...

I think to get a general consensus on this fragrance you have to see the many reviews about it which exist already on fragrantica. And of course, at the end of the day, after you have tried yourself - it's up to you to make your own decision.
    I definitely haven't been swayed by the crowds on this one. Most of them dislike it and are very disappointed by it. I just happen to have the same opinion as them.

I just sampled it and don't think it's all that bad in all honesty. I indeed quite like it and will probably purchase it.

Basenotes Member

I have been litterally forced to smell it on a test strip by a salesperson in sephora. Didn't care for it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by A forest View Post
    I have been litterally forced to smell it on a test strip by a salesperson in sephora. Didn't care for it at all.
    Thanks for your honest opinion. It takes guts to be honest on this club. A lot of people seem to just go with the flow here. Personally, I think the perfume industry is becoming dangerous. Like the american philosofy of Disneyland, everything is tamed down/ toned down. The reckless roller coasters of Coney Island, (full of personality and character) are reduced down to mass products, "not bad - but definitely not good".......roller coasters/ perfumes that will appeal to grandfathers and grandsons alike. Perfumes are being watered down to the extent that any character is lost.

Mass marketing to the max.

I had never heard of it until now. Going to add this to my list of fragrances to sample.

Perfume making should be like art - creative, emotional, provocative, imaginative and a treat for the senses. Guerlain used to have it....:-(
    Last edited by sumandre; 17th July 2014 at 05:29 AM.

Thanks for your honest opinion. It takes guts to be honest on this club. A lot of people seem to just go with the flow here. Personally, I think the perfume industry is becoming dangerous. Like the american philosofy of Disneyland, everything is tamed down/ toned down. The reckless roller coasters of Coney Island, (full of personality and character) are reduced down to mass products, "not bad - but definitely not good".......roller coasters/ perfumes that will appeal to grandfathers and grandsons alike. Perfumes are being watered down to the extent that any character is lost.

Mass marketing to the max.
    Nice sweeping generalisation there. Just because some of us like it, it doesn't mean we are going with the flow. It means we actually might....you know.....like it.

Sephora is really pushing this, so I smell it every time I go there. I don't think I would characterize this as generic, but it is more manstream than many Guerlain fragrances. I wore it out of the store on a hot, humid day, and it performed admirably. It was attractive, inoffensive, great for the office. While it is not my favorite style of fragrance, I think I will give it a few more wears before I let the guillotine drop. It seems like a summer frag to me, but some bloom better in the winter. Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by pluran View Post
    Great perceptions as usual, noggs. Build 'em up then tear 'em down and vice versa. Been that way for a long time. Hell, I don't think I've smelled anything by Guerlain that was all that bad. There's a reason why it's still considered the greatest perfume house and why every great perfumer wants to work for them.
    I predict a mild to enthused resurgence of positive sentiment in winter, followed by a resurrection of this Thread with a page or two of earnest 'I have done a 180 on this one' posts Spring of 2015.

And I haven't even smelled the thing yet.

Almond, tonka, vanilla - c'mon, this is bro heaven territory
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
    ― Isaac Asimov

Inquired about availability of this today at Saks in NYC. Guerlain representative said they will be carrying it for sure but just don't know when. I have decided to pick it up in Europe next month. Tired of all the indecision by SAs in the US concerning this.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Inquired about availability of this today at Saks in NYC. Guerlain representative said they will be carrying it for sure but just don't know when. I have decided to pick it up in Europe next month. Tired of all the indecision by SAs in the US concerning this.
    You will not regret picking it up

Because of their past iconic fragrances many connoisseurs can't help but hold Guerlain to a higher standard. Inevitably they will fail on occasions.

I am an avid Guerlain collector.
    I am curious to try this one, the bottle design is captivating.
    I never came across a Guerlain that disappointed me.

Quote Originally Posted by Souryu View Post
    You will not regret picking it up
    Yup - looking forward to it.

Basenotes Plus

Should have mine in a couple of days. Be interesting to find out first hand what it is all about.

I like it. It's beautiful. Very guerlainesque but I agree that this has been done before. Where Guerlain completely fails is at the name. How bland an unimaginative is L'Homme Ideal? At first I thought that this is flanker to Homme.

I think I'll stick with my Habit Rouge

Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    Should have mine in a couple of days. Be interesting to find out first hand what it is all about.
    Any feedback on this one yet, sensei?