Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bar Soaps

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Bar Soaps

I'd also like to mention Stirling soaps. Great lather, not very much money, you can get unscented or ones with great scents, or even their Executive Man scent which sort of resembles Creed Aventus, or Sharp Dressed Man which sort of resembles Green Irish Tweed. Their aftershaves are very good too.

Quote Originally Posted by David Ruskin View Post
    I love the smell of Imperial Leather soap; if it were sold as a fragrance I would buy it.
    They used to! http://www.basenotes.net/ID26120809.html
    Striving still to Truth unknown

I like Tabac Original bar soap, it has a decent smell (but it actually lasts a while on the skin, but very faint smell). Should be easily available.
    Than there is Kappus Sandalwood in my bath room, inexpensive but lovely. Might not be available in the US.
    ATM I'm using the Lush's Devil's Nightcap, which includes oakmoss ectracts and absolute as well as the whole lichen. Orange Blossom absolute makes it fresh enough.
    Maja spicy soap from Spain is another one I am using for years now, as well as the German Dralle GewŁrzseife, first should be available overseas, latter maybe not.

Btw, Dove bars are actually no bar soaps, they are syndets, that's why they have low pH. Real soap is always alkaline.

Basenotes Junkie allkindsofwatches1's Avatar

Kirk's Castile Soap is a great product. I've used it for the past four years or so. Funny thing is...the reason I tried it for the first time is because I was out of town for a meeting and I forgot soap. Instead of going to the big "W", I finished dinner at Cracker Barrel and I was scoping out the beauty products area and there it was.....Kirk's Castile Soap. It has a great natural smell and it doesn't dry my skin out. It lathers up like whipped cream .

The only con is that one bar doesn't last real long.....IMO.

Check it out!
    Attached Images Attached Images

My go to bar soap is Mystic Waters. I came upon them from my shave site, and use the shampoo bars too. Nice soaps!
    Best wishes,

Chris

I have a couple bars of Castelbel Champs de Lavande (Lavender Fields, I've seen it labeled in french and english) that I got from Marshall's.
    It's good portuguese stuff that smells just like the lavender in Azzaro. The scent fills up the shower pretty good, and is a great pair to amp up the lavender in your manly fougeres
    Parenthood: adding the delicate accord of sour milk to your entire wardrobe!
    Currently wearing: Horizon by Guy Laroche

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bķzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by BelleBeryl View Post
    Galimard soaps are very nice to use. I buy them from their site www.galimard.com/
    I bought some of these the last time I was at their store in Eze at the shop. They are wonderful.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I would also like to say that I tried Stirling soaps and wasn't impressed. Yeah they smell nice but in my hard water at least they didn't lather very well either in the tub or on my face for shaving. Also they are very soft so they are gone in no time.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Parenthood: adding the delicate accord of sour milk to your entire wardrobe!
    Currently wearing: Horizon by Guy Laroche

My new discovery, this Mint Soap from ToppCock.