Code of Conduct

Thread: Bar Soaps

Default Bar Soaps

Lately I've been switching up my usual routine of body washes with bar soaps. I've tried several over the last few weeks including Chief's Energizing Man Soap, The Men's Soap Shop, and eShave Bar Soap. Anyone else know of any other decent ones they can recommend that are worth trying out? I prefer bars that aren't too heavily fragranced.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404272223.202727.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404272229.732485.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404272235.688442.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Re: Bar Soaps

I was going to say that Chanel No 5 soap is wonderful, then I read the not heavily fragranced part.

In the past, I've used Clearly Natural Glycerin soap, which worked well on me because it isn't harsh. Similarly, L'Occitane soap with shea butter is not as drying as other soaps.

cacio

If you want a bar soap that has no fragrance as not to clash with your cologne, I highly recommend the Dove fragrance free soap bars, they're cheap and quite nice.

Apart from the previous recommendations, especially Dove unscented, would also like to add Nesti Dante bar soaps. Quite easily available, since shipped either directly or by most specialized online retailers worldwide, but also great skin properties and fragrance notes. While indeed discreetly scented and with quite a few specially adapted for sensitive skin, they have some of the most natural smelling cocoa, honey, oilve oil, mint, iris, lavender, cypress, fig, citrus etc. fragrance notes among bar soaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Apart from the previous recommendations, especially Dove unscented, would also like to add Nesti Dante bar soaps. Quite easily available, since shipped either directly or by most specialized online retailers worldwide, but also great skin properties and fragrance notes. While indeed discreetly scented and with quite a few specially adapted for sensitive skin, they have some of the most natural smelling cocoa, honey, oilve oil, mint, iris, lavender, cypress, fig, citrus etc. fragrance notes among bar soaps.
    Cypress, mint, and citrus are right in my wheelhouse. Great suggestion. Thanks!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404624407.050305.jpg

My newest acquisition. The Skincando Combat-Ready Bar with black tea and rosemary.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M. View Post
    If you want a bar soap that has no fragrance as not to clash with your cologne, I highly recommend the Dove fragrance free soap bars, they're cheap and quite nice.
    Another very good one is Olay Sensitive Unscented
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

If you have a Trader Joes nearby, I love their lemon/verbena soap and the verte soap. The verte is a green tea soap and smells wonderful.

I love Karma by Lush, it makes my hands really smooth... but it's heavily scented.

Galimard soaps are very nice to use. I buy them from their site www.galimard.com/
    [COLOR=""]a rose is a rose is a rose[/COLOR]

Basenotes Plus

Aesop bar soaps smell great and are easily available.

Tom ford soaps smell amazing!!

Basenotes Plus

Claus Porto makes 7-times milled soap. I took a leap of faith and bought some from a small shop and now it's my go-to bar. They make a nice Oakmoss, or Vetiver bar.

Thanks for the info., Riallus - some of theirs do look unusual.
    Directory contribution link:-
    http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

Personally, I use unscented bar soaps. I tend to veer away from scented soaps because they can sometimes clash with my perfume's scent. The result isn't something I want.

Quote Originally Posted by rupertsilva10 View Post
    Personally, I use unscented bar soaps. I tend to veer away from scented soaps because they can sometimes clash with my perfume's scent. The result isn't something I want.
    Starting to feel the same way.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.