Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Check my wardrobe - need to sell 2-3 bottles to get money for new scents....Which ones should go

I see that you have decided, but I would sell the Terre d'Hermès Parfum.

Does this really get you compliments?

Default Re: Check my wardrobe - need to sell 2-3 bottles to get money for new scents....Which ones should go

Quote Originally Posted by FSU92grad View Post
    I've decided to get rid of Ulrich Anvers....
    ...get Ulrich Lightscape instead...it's great...!
    Currently wearing: Knize Ten by Knize

If it's essentially "all about the money" for buying new colognes, I think you should only pick from your "expensive fragrances" category. That's the purpose of what you're doing.....to get a decent amount of money for new fragrances.

But how much would it really help your situation to get a few bucks for something like Lalique White? You'd only get a minimal amount of money and then you wouldn't have the cologne (that you otherwise still like). So that wouldn't make much sense to me.

So my theory, if you're gonna sell....sell big!

Which new ones are you looking to get?
    Basenotes sales: By Kilian Straight to Heaven, Heeley Coccobello, Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome, Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Bond No. 9 Hamptons, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Essence de Cerruti, Balenciaga Ho Hang Club, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...ciaga-SAMPLES!

Offsite sales: By Kilian Straight to Heaven, Heeley Coccobello, Vintage Tabarome, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Tom Ford Noir de Noir, By Kilian Prelude to Love, Bond No. 9 Hamptons, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Essence de Cerruti, Balenciaga Ho Hang Club, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Oh thanks remik.. late night and tired.

Anyways.. to OP, I haven't tried a lot of your stuff. Personally I don't care for Bentley Intense. Not only do I think it's overrated.. it kind of smells like powder and plastic.. I just can't get into it.
    My Ultimate Top 5:

Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)
    Burberry London (2006)
    Prada Amber pour Homme (2006)
    Arpege pour Homme (2005)

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    If it's essentially "all about the money" for buying new colognes, I think you should only pick from your "expensive fragrances" category.
    Agree - sell the Clive Christian X & keep all other goodies.
    or.
    Sell MFK Oud - remember, oud is not your favorite note & someone north of Lake Erie is looking to make a deal

Personally, I wouldn't sell or get rid of anything, but I would wait and save up the cash before making a new purchase. I supposed if I were "forced" to sell something from your wardrobe, I would pick Breath of God, Escentric 02, Molecule 01, or Versace Man to sell.

You and I are a whole lot alike, Seminole Man. I play these games of "buy and sell" all the time with myself. Nothing wrong with it, and it keeps me from getting bored.

Granted, many of those you have I am not familiar with, but from the ones I do know I would personally be okay not having L'instant de Guerlain (just a really bland scent overall) and Creed Royal Oud (a bitter ash tray smelling disaster).

No offense though, opinions are my own

Sell Terre D'Hermes...it's overrated.