Code of Conduct

Question Anyone Order From L'Artisan Parfumeur Online?

I have a rather strange question.

I placed an order in the sale which arrived today safely, all well.

But the payment was not taken. Their order confirmation email said they would take payment when it was shipped. The money moved from my balance into the attached and waiting to be claimed balance, or limbo as I call it. Normally this then comes out of my account and shows as such. But the money has actually dropped back into my account.

Do I need to email them or will they just take the money again in a few days?
    DONNA

Default Re: Anyone Order From L'Artisan Parfumeur Online?

Hi Donna,

I would probably contact your card holder and ask them the same question. They probably know more as to why that might have happened.

Do you know if they charged you in euros (or another currency), as that may have something to do with it?

Hi Donna. Speaking of........... I placed an order in the sale too. I look forward to the L'Artisan sale and I usually do well. This year I managed to get Mon Numero 8 very well discounted and also Passage D'Enfer at an unbelievably good price (I think I saw you say that you ordered it too). I also ordered discovery sets for my nieces. My order hasn't arrived though so I emailed them today. They responded promptly but they advised that some of my order is out of stock, the discovery sets, bummer. I had my heart set on giving them to the girls with a follow up fragrance if they found one that they really liked. I think I'm still getting the sets with the wee pearls though, so we are still good, and I do appreciate getting a fragrance bargain, as it's unusual for us,as you know.

And they have the discovery sets at QVC if anyone is interested.

If in doubt I would email them.

Basenotes Plus

I had ordered on this side of the Atlantic. I received an e-mail several days later, where they shipped 2 of 8 items ordered. I have called and sent e-mails concerning the other 6 items and no response and no credit issued to the card used.

Right now, not too pleased with them.

No it was from the UK site I ordered, all prices in sterling. In fact I actually emailed them this morning as I noticed the money back into my account, I thought my order was cancelled and they hadn't told me. As I had a confirmation email received on the Thursday saying my order was accepted I was not happy.

Got a quick reply with tracking details showing the courier had it out for delivery. Came home and yes it was delivered.

Oh Foustie that is a bummer. Yes I was the one who put up here about the sale, which was much better in the UK than elsewhere. Did you get the Passage at £9????? Some said it was an error.

- - - Updated - - -

I have just emailed the query to my bank. Damn not phoning a 0845 number!!! LOL
    DONNA

I ordered last Thursday and received an email confirmation. Haven't heard anything since and haven't been charged. Maybe they were overwhelmed with orders?

My only complaint was trying to get someone on the phone to speak to. Very rarely was one ever present to answer questions.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Couple years ago I bought a bottle from them from sale. They cancelled my order because it was sold out. After some time to my surprise I got that bottle with my another order. I'm not sure if they ever charged for that bottle.

This year I bought just the Passage d'enfer with great deal. Still waiting (fingers crossed) it to come.

I had a quick nose at their Facebook page yesterday, and quite a few complaints.

Orders not complete even though the perfume was available when they ordered. Like Foutsie they have missing items. Not sure what region but Tea For Two was mentioned by one person as being in the sale, but they did not get it. No answering of the phone for those that tried.

UPDATE::::

The payment has come out of my account this morning.
    Last edited by donna255; 3rd July 2014 at 08:14 AM.
    DONNA

Basenotes Plus

Below is the email I got from L'Artisan

"Thank you for your order. We received an overwhelming response to our online sale and unfortunately sold through some of our stock faster than our website could keep up with it. Because of this, your order was partially shipped and you will be refunded for the items you did not receive as well as your shipping charges. The refund may take up to 3 business days to process.

As a token of apology, below is a voucher code for 20% off any purchase made on our website until July 31st. You may enter it in the VOUCHER CODE field when checking out."

FYI

Basenotes Plus

Thanks, CapriDog!
    Directory contribution link:-
    http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

Basenotes Plus

You are very welcome, lpp!

Basenotes Plus

Received the same e-mail today.

Package just arrived. I received an e-mail that only two of the 6 items ordered was shipped. The box contained only one of the two items they claimed was shipped.

What a joke. Only received one of 6 items ordered.

Basenotes Plus

My recent order placed a week or so ago.... I received email confirmation, and yesterday another email that it was shipped out. Today I got the email just like CapriDog quoted above. Hmmm. So was it shipped, or was it cancelled? Really strange shop, can't process orders and keep track of what they are doing. This may be my first bad experience with their online store.

To be honest in future I am going to phone the London Boutiques. I ordered from them a number of times without a problem over the phone. I bet them have some sort of sale instore.
    DONNA

From the recently closed L'artisan thread: "My nose wouldn't be so out of joint if this was a one-time bungled sale. I've come to understand from others that they've announced sales, taken orders and monies, then cancelled the orders and dragged their feet returning the $$ several times before." There was other mention of their inability to competently manage an online sale in this very old thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/292...ht=l%27artisan

- - - Updated - - -

I rec'd one of the five items I ordered and was refunded for the missing items and the shipping fee. Considering how quickly I placed my order after they announced the sale, I am still baffled about why my entire wasn't filled. At least the one item was even more of a bargain though after factoring in the free shipping.
    Last edited by socalwoman; 4th July 2014 at 04:55 PM.

Basenotes Plus

For what it's worth... my one-item order arrived, no issues, on the date the UPS tracking indicated (even though I received "cancellation email" the day after receiving tracking number via email). Just one fragrance, sent in a massively large box, large enough to send probably 50 bottles in. Thankfully they did wrap it all well so it wasn't bouncing in the large box - and arrived unharmed and undamaged. So despite the confusing emails and "cancellations" - at least this order made it, exactly as one would expect, and when one would expect.

Quote Originally Posted by remik View Post
    For what it's worth... my one-item order arrived, no issues, on the date the UPS tracking indicated (even though I received "cancellation email" the day after receiving tracking number via email).
    Good to hear that someone got exactly what they ordered.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

L'Artisan parfumeur just cancelled my order. It took just about week them to notice that they didn't have it. I ordered Passage d'enfer from their sale. They offered discount code for my next order as a apology. I have had almost twenty bottles from them and this one was what I wanted. I have others I want already. This wasn't first time they had difficulties to deliver what they have been selling online. I don't know. This makes me just little sad and disapointed.

Me too. Cancelled now. The whole lot. Mon Numero 8, which I was delighted about because it is no longer generally available as far as I am aware. The Passage d'Enfer, because we just had to didn't we? The discovery sets for three nieces and my sister in law in the hope that they would find a fragrance that they liked that I could then buy them as gifts, other coffrets with little pearls of fragrance, again for the girls to discover L'Artisan, and some body products. It's not the end of the world, but I'm really dissapointed. It's not mad greedy, it's just making good use of the sale, including to treat other people, who may then have discovered fragrances from L'Artisan that they love....

They have offerred a very generous discount voucher, which I will use, but I can't get the products that I would have liked because they are not in the gerneral stock.

I am sure that L'Artisan are disapointed too. I'm sure that this was not their intention. It's far too much trouble and negative feedback for them.

Okay very interesting one on their Facebook page. A guy who was complaining about his order being cancelled as has been happening here. He posts yesterday(well I read it yesterday), thanking them as they sent a 100mls bottle of Passage D'Enfer after him emailing and complaining.
    DONNA

I have been corresponding with L'Artisan and they have offered a very agreeable solution. Pity about the guddle though. I hope that they manage to sort it out.