Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Blog Entries

Default Re: S.O.T.D. — Thursday, 3 July, 2014.

It is Jo Malone Silk Blossom for me today. There are days (95 degrees and humid) when uncomplicated simple scents are the best. Notes are white pepper opening, silk blossom, and moss on the dry down.

TWOLF many good wishes and congratulations on your 10000 posts.

Katsumi you are doing an amazing job with the cartoons/pictures etc. Thank you so much.

30Roses some how I missed your post about the accident and had to go back and read it. So glad everything turned out okay for you and your family. It sounds like just a horrible freak accident. That driver should not be on the road.

Have a nice day everyone.
    Betsy

Adding to the tropical-ness with a little of the Sara Horowitz Perfect Coconut Milk.

Claire, I missed your post. Now I must seek Tango! And hopefully your boss wouldn't mind doing that for you.

I've never smelled a sandalwood that had a fecal tone to it. Mostly it smells like freshly cut wood to my nose. Mysore is more dry like sanded wood that turns creamy while drying down. The others I've used smell a little more green to me: Vanuatu and Australian. New Caledonian sits somewhere in the middle of the two. Never fecal for me...but...to be fair I've never tried stuff that's been aged for a long time and that is a big factor because the aroma will change over time with sandalwoods, vetivers and patchouli. So for all I know, 50 year old sandalwood could smell like Dior Leather Oud :-)

Calvin Klein Truth
    Currently wearing: Eternity by Calvin Klein

queen of the universe

Dear TWolf, I should run a 10k in your honor. Oh, wait, I don't run, but I shall don my one Chanel, "Numayro Vain-Dirks"* extrait as SOTA to be somewhat in synch. The morning scent was Vιga.

*N° 22
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!
    Currently wearing: 1000 by Jean Patou

He Wood Ocean Wet Wood- Morning. HDP 1969- Evening

Basenotes Plus

Good afternoon all !.

Wolfie, sometimes I think you know me better than I know myself . You are an inspiration - no matter what life throws in your direction you are always there for others, resilient, loyal, warm-hearted and witty. I offer my hearty congratulations for your amazing 10K but also give thanks for your presence here whether as a mod, contributor, or the valued friend you have become to so many of us.(Did I mention that we adore you ? )

Teardrop, fingers crossed for a positive outcome at the hospital

V&R Antidote.

Mike, travel safely and enjoy your trip to Orlando.

Mocha, I am with you on Montecristo - the descriptions I have read sound like my idea of olfactory hell. Respect to those brave enough

Having an extra celebratory wine o'clock this evening

Currently wearing: KL Homme by Lagerfeld

Good afternoon to all.

I'm sampling today. Actually, I'm re-sampling. And it's Le Labo. Poor Le Labo -- it's a house that seems so unpopular on Basenotes and fragrance blogs. But I like many of their fragrances myself. This morning I re-tested Santal 33. Now it's Labdanum 18, which I think of as a more modern Shalimar. All good for me.

Rynegne and cestrum nocturnum I enjoyed so much reading your reactions yesterday to Masque Milano Montecristo. I actually enjoy animalic, but I more as an accent, or part of the bouquet, than as a main theme. However, I love how different people's tastes are, and I love reading what others think. Perhaps my years of carpooling boys to and from various athletic practices have spoiled skank for me. You haven't experienced skank till you've driven an SUV full of hockey players and their equipment bags.

30 Roses, I'm so sympathetic. Since December we've had two cars at the body shop after being hit by careless drivers, and then one of the two had to have its engine rebuilt after being swamped in a flash flood. I'm such a frequent customer, I guess, that the body shop sent me a card. Fingers crossed your car can be fixed. I'm glad your neck is getting better at least.

Teardrop, good luck to your husband today!

Twolf, I can't imagine I've written over 200 posts. I'm in awe of your 10,000. Here's to many more.

Quarry, I will confess to you, if you never tell anyone, that I hate being a passenger in the convertible. It's not the wind effect on the perfume, actually -- it's what it does to the hair. If you remember to bring a hat you get hat head, or else you forget a hat and your hair ends up like a fright wig from Halloween. Plus my husband's convertible has a sports suspension and he drives like guest on Top Gear, so I tend to get slung around and feel sickish riding in it. Shhhh, though. It's our secret.

Did I mention the rap music he and the kids like to play? Honestly, riding in that car is like walking into Abercrombie & Fitch -- an assault on the senses.

But he loves it. And it makes him happy.
    Currently wearing: No. 5 by Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by Mocha View Post
    Quarry, I will confess to you, if you never tell anyone, that I hate being a passenger in the convertible. It's not the wind effect on the perfume, actually -- it's what it does to the hair. If you remember to bring a hat you get hat head, or else you forget a hat and your hair ends up like a fright wig from Halloween. Plus my husband's convertible has a sports suspension and he drives like guest on Top Gear, so I tend to get slung around and feel sickish riding in it. Shhhh, though. It's our secret.

Did I mention the rap music he and the kids like to play? Honestly, riding in that car is like walking into Abercrombie & Fitch -- an assault on the senses.

But he loves it. And it makes him happy.

Mocha, I am with you! I think the convertible lovers of the world must all have straight hair, or be bald... But during a bout with broken A/C in the car, my daughters and I resorted to headscarfs, and found those worked well. After unwrapping, the hair was always in about the same arrangement as it was upon getting in the car, and it kept all the hairs from blowing into our face and mouth and eyes. So if someone offers you a ride in an open car, bring a headscarf!

Basenotes Plus

Borrowing from the better half this evening - Xerjoff Ibitira.

Wolfie, if I recall correctly this choice will receive your seal of approval
    Currently wearing: KL Homme by Lagerfeld

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

((teardrop)) I hope the appointment went well!

I slept until 1:15! Guess I needed it. We're all home today, a good day to recover.

I'm wearing Bergamot by Provence Santι. Bright and refreshing, but poor longevity, unlike their other scents.

Blog Entries

Thanks so much for all the kind thoughts for Mr teardrop, everyone! He had an echocardiogram today, (a heart ultrasound, for anyone who might not know) which showed that his heart is slightly enlarged, probably due to his hypertension. lt's in full working order though, thankfully! The lovely lady doctor couldn't do enough to reassure us, & she's made adjustments to his meds to hopefully get his blood pressure under control. He's been told to avoid caffeine, & l already bought him some decaff which he's getting used to. We were in the hospital around four hours on this hot sunny day; there was a lot of waiting around, but it was worth it as he seems more relaxed now. His blood pressure reading is normal & he's napping on the sofa as l type. He has to have a 24-hour ECG later this month, (a little box to wear containing a mini heart monitor to check what his heart does over the course of a day), but my feeling is that controlling his blood pressure is the real issue. Hopefully that's possible now as he's got better at keeping himself hydrated & knows he needs to lose some weight.

Cello, congrats on your 9,000! And a happy birthday to Furriner.

Vernona, yes l love body lotions & l'm not averse to a little shimmer! Thanks for more recs!

Katsumi, that lemming is so cool, can we make it the thread mascot?

Draining my sample of Coccobello this evening.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin-in-FL View Post
    .... my daughters and I resorted to headscarfs ....
    1. ALWAYS carry a scarf in your purse. You never know when you might visit a place of worship which requires women to cover their head. Or to hold up a liquor store.

2. A scarf reduces helmet hair and brushing out snarls. ALWAYS wear a helmet.

3. When riding as a passenger in a convertible, ALWAYS call shotgun.

Mocha, my college roommate played hockey. Their gear isn't musk, animalic or even sweaty...it's straight up funk! Worse than any wrestling or baseball locker room I've ever been in. I hated watching him play away games mostly because of the ride back.

Basenotes Institution

Oh, JR, Ibitira is indeed my favorite Xerjoff (almost wrote "Jerkoff", almost). I always wonder why do we -- you and I -- think so much alike, even using similar paradigms and words to express out thoughts?

Mocha and Robin, I am with you about the convertibles. I am also with Katsumi about scarves (spitting my tea all over the screen).

Juji, you put a smile on my face too with the phonetic spelling of No.22. .
    Currently wearing: Omnia Paraiba by Bulgari

Champion Thread Killer

Blog Entries

Finished the day in Caron The Third Man
    we have seen the enemy...and he is us.-Pogo
    Currently wearing: Great Jones by Bond No. 9