Code of Conduct

Default Wow Mancera Black Line is masterful

I got a bunch of samples from minNY in new york and the sample that keeps making me do double takes to smell my wrist is Mancera Black Line. Wow amazing! Has anyone tried this? I think i will pick up a full bottle tomorrow. Smells mysterious edgy and super sexy. I can picture James Bond 007 smelling like this.

Default Re: Wow Mancera Black Line is masterful

Rosy and woody and a bit dirty. Not bad but a bit derivative imo.

It's Black Oud without the oud.

Really like this one. One of my 3 favorites from Mancera so far. Wife loves this one on me - she compliments it every time I wear it.

Rose/patch is nothing new, but IMO Black Line is a better version of Voleur de Roses or Hippie Rose. Both of those are quite good also, but Black Line is a little bolder and longer lasting.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Pure White Cologne
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. Clive Christian - 1872
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Xerjoff - Nio
    8. Neela Vermeire - Bombay Bling
    9. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    10. Chanel - Allure Homme Edition Blanche

I also like this one. I'm not much of a Mancera fan, but I do own several, including Black Line. I think this is one of the best of the bunch, not harsh or medicinal, rather fresh and light, with good balance.

I own this and like it a lot.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Lots of hype about Mancera when they first came out. "The Montale Killer" !

I sampled a few of them but was not impressed.

Mancera is one of those upcoming houses with very interesting fragrances.

Basenotes Member

I know everyone talks about Cedrat Boise as Aventus-lite, but it's a beautiful fragrance that stands on its own. I wore it yesterday and was again impressed by their ability to take the fruit notes right to the edge of ripeness. Wonderful stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by sdcga161 View Post
    I know everyone talks about Cedrat Boise as Aventus-lite, but it's a beautiful fragrance that stands on its own. I wore it yesterday and was again impressed by their ability to take the fruit notes right to the edge of ripeness. Wonderful stuff.
    Tested this one and didnt like it... same with bond no.9 http:// , all of these wannabe Aventus's are just that.. wannabe.

Personally I stopped enjoying Aventus about 4 months ago when I started wearing bond no.9 Bleecker st which I fell in love with, but there is still not a single cologne that has gotten as many compliments as Aventus. Im talking hundreds of compliments everywhere I go. Once 2 spanish girls at coat check at a club took my jacket and were like "omg papi what is that cologne its making me wet" I kid you not. Yesterday at the gym when I was already sweaty and leaving someone at front desk who was about 5 feet away said "who smells so yum?" , when I went to get an MRI last year an older lady probably in her mid 50's commented from across the reception desk "you smell incredible, I dont usually like perfumes because I have a strong nose but you smell incredible what is it?"
    No other cologne has been even close to getting the compliments Aventus has and I tried the Aventus clones such as cedrat boise and http://.

Now my current love is Mancera black line and thats off of a sample. I am going to get full bottle this week.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtyivier2k2 View Post
    Now my current love is Mancera black line and that's off of a sample. I am going to get full bottle this week.
    Wise decision.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Mancera Kumkat Wood is pretty solid, a nice summer fragrance or one for anytime wear. Extremely pleasant, will definitely turn some heads on both sexes.
    Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project. Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture.) / Bespoke 8.30.14 - ONLY 4 LEFT! (Apple, Cavendish Pipe Tobacco, Vanilla, Smoke, Woods & Resin.)

***MadHat Samples now available at Surrender to Chance here.

SALES THREAD Slumberhouse, CdG & More...

Although I have not tried Black Line, I ordered samples of 7 different Manceras. All have their place and seem well constructed, but way over hyped when they came out. None were impressive enough for me to want a bottle. All seemed sort off weak with moderate longevity.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Bond No.9 New York Oud
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!