Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Which niche fragrances would you give 10/10 for sillage/projection?

The only one I can say for sure that I have used that had ridiculous projection is Aventus. All I had to do after 3 sprays was walk by within 5 feet of someone and I would hear "who smells so good?"

Default Re: Which niche fragrances would you give 10/10 for sillage/projection?

Everything I've ever tried from Amouage deserves a 10/10 for both sillage and projection.

Quote Originally Posted by caferacer View Post
    Everything I've ever tried from Amouage deserves a 10/10 for both sillage and projection.
    I can never get into Amouage. I am 28 yrs old and when I tested samples to me I smelled like a 55 year old middle eastern man.

Some Amouage fragrances project like there is no tomorrow, Interlude as an example.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtyivier2k2 View Post
    I can never get into Amouage. I am 28 yrs old and when I tested samples to me I smelled like a 55 year old middle eastern man.
    Which samples did you try?

Quote Originally Posted by yarn View Post
    Some Amouage fragrances project like there is no tomorrow, Interlude as an example.
    Fate Man, perhaps?

Fate Man, perhaps?
    It does have a certain vibe going on

Indian Safran, Pure Amber and Highness Musk by Montale
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

Lyric man
    Eccelso
    Santalum
    Black aoud
    Italian cypress
    Scandal pour Homme
    Amyris pour Homme
    Seasonal rotation:

Santal Imperial
    Ambre Topkapi
    Rose 31
    Green Irish Tweed
    Original Santal
    Prada Amber PH

Jubilation, reflection man

I was going to say A*Men, but then I saw the word "niche".

Regardless, I would have to say Bond No. 9 Wall Street.
    Top 5 for Fall:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) New York - Nicolai
    3) Terre d'Hermes
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5)
    Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

+1 Creed Aventus
    + 1 Amouage Interlude Man

Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    Bond No. 9 New York Amber
    Amouage Opus V
    Mancera Cedrat Boise
    Tauer - L'Air du Desert Marocain
    Malle - Portrait of a Lady
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    6. Puredistance - Black
    7. Tom Ford - Plum Japonais
    8. Neela Vermeire - Trayee
    9. Creed - Royal Oud
    10. Chanel - Egoiste

MDCI Invasion Barbare, Amouage Tribute Attar, LM Parfums Hard Leather and Puredistance M. These 4 are perfect. Complex, rich, good projection and longevity, and never boring. My love now is definitely Tribute from the white box. All others should strive for what Amouage did with that creation.
    Current favorites:
    1. Invasion Barbare by MDCI
    2. M by Puredistance
    3. Epic Man by Amouage
    4. Jeke by Slumberhouse
    5. Hard Leather by LM Parfums
    6. Portrait of a Lady by Frederic Malle
    7. Tribute Attar by Amouage

Quote Originally Posted by rouj View Post
    LM Parfums Hard Leather
    Absolutely.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

"GAO" by xerjoff ..also JXXV by Amouage and LDDM
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Sand Aoud
    Jubilation XXV
    Gold Intensitive Aoud....all are.beast mode.
    Last edited by fragrance123; 4th July 2014 at 01:12 AM.

reflection man
    REFLECTION MAN...?! Wow. That one smells quite young to me - but not at all juvenile. It's amazingly versatile and smells vibrant & youthful to me.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Black Afgano, New Haarlem, Tuscan Leather, etc.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

Quote Originally Posted by fragrance123 View Post
    Costume National Homme
    Sand Aoud
    Jubilation XXV
    To me, beastly projection isn't 10/10 at all. In fact, to me, that's not desirable.

For me, 10/10 projection is moderate. Too little projection and nobody smells it. Too much and it fills a room. For me, both extremes are bad.

For longevity, longer is better, but for projection, moderate is my preference. TdH Parfum. 10/10 with excellent longevity, and 10/10 with moderate projection.

24 Gold
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    REFLECTION MAN...?! Wow. That one smells quite young to me - but not at all juvenile. It's amazingly versatile and smells vibrant & youthful to me.
    That's a head scratcher for me as well. Reflection man smells nothing like the rest of the line. The most westernized of all amouage scents
    Seasonal rotation:

Santal Imperial
    Ambre Topkapi
    Rose 31
    Green Irish Tweed
    Original Santal
    Prada Amber PH

Royal Oud:
    - Excellent Longevity. I get 10+ hours from 3 sprays.
    - Excellent Sillage. It leaves such a marvelous scent trail.
    - Moderate Projection. It doesn't sit too close to the skin, but it doesn't push out too far either.
    For me, that's a 10/10, and it smells amazing too.

To me, the idea that more projection means better... that's for somebody who wants to be Cologne Guy. It's not for me. At a certain point, too much projection is just too much.

I'm always curious to hear where the OP lives with this kind of thread.

The social status of scent in the US is a bit precarious. It's not looked down on per se, but still, the idea of people searching for the smelliest possible perfume does have a certain built-in transgressive amusement. It's like asking, "Which fluorescent color is the very brightest? I want to make a complete suit of that color so people's eyes will pop right out of their heads!" :-)

Aventus and LDDM.

Black aoud by montale

+1 for 24 Gold.

Tobacco Vanille!(is this considered niche?)
    Last edited by bigbz; 4th July 2014 at 02:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hovo View Post
    Black aoud by montale
    This.

Some definite beasts:

Interlude man
    Coromandel
    Black Oud
    Bleecker street
    Noir de noir
    24 gold
    Chergui
    Tauer L'air

I say this because of all my fragrances these always seem to be noticed and I get wafts of th to enjoy all day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tobacco Vanille
    Aventus
    LDDM

To me, beastly projection isn't 10/10 at all. In fact, to me, that's not desirable.

For me, 10/10 projection is moderate. Too little projection and nobody smells it. Too much and it fills a room. For me, both extremes are bad.
    Completely agree. I took "10/10" to mean he was looking for a "beast", but I don't think of that as a good attribute. It forces me to spray lightly under my clothes, and use less than I normally would. And just a little too much with some of those... You are now "cologne guy" who is trying too hard.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    6. Puredistance - Black
    7. Tom Ford - Plum Japonais
    8. Neela Vermeire - Trayee
    9. Creed - Royal Oud
    10. Chanel - Egoiste

Quote Originally Posted by NillaGoon View Post

The social status of scent in the US is a bit precarious. It's not looked down on per se, but still, the idea of people searching for the smelliest possible perfume does have a certain built-in transgressive amusement. It's like asking, "Which fluorescent color is the very brightest? I want to make a complete suit of that color so people's eyes will pop right out of their heads!" :-)
    Interesting thoughts and I think demographics play a huge role in fragrance choice. I'm from a suburban Midwest town and I always feel like I'm violating social mores when wearing "louder" fragrances.

Coromandel
    Absolue Pour Le Soir
    Puredistance M
    Gao
    Zafar
    Leather Oud
    Black Aoud
    Tobacco Vanille
    Interlude Man
    Ambre Mediterranea
    Dior Homme Intense
    Last edited by Duke Hunt; 4th July 2014 at 05:10 AM.

Sand Aoud is a MONSTER...so much so, it's on my sales thread.

I would add Mancera Kumkat Wood as well...

Sand Aoud
    Jubilation XXV
    Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project.

*** NEW Lavhim (Lavender, Incense, Candle Wax, Clove, Fir Needles, Cognac & Green Leaves)*** / Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture.)

Basenotes Plus

MDCI Invasion Barbare an Cyphre Palatin. Uff, if I overspray, it just a nightmare!
    Interlude man- off the charts.

Basenotes Member

On me Bond. 9 New Haarlem is potent...

New York City =)

Royal Oud:
    - Excellent Longevity. I get 10+ hours from 3 sprays.
    - Excellent Sillage. It leaves such a marvelous scent trail.
    - Moderate Projection. It doesn't sit too close to the skin, but it doesn't push out too far either.
    For me, that's a 10/10, and it smells amazing too.

To me, the idea that more projection means better... that's for somebody who wants to be Cologne Guy. It's not for me. At a certain point, too much projection is just too much.

Hate Royal Oud.. I liked itt off of a spray and bought a 2.5 oz bottle last year. Everytime I put it on (2-3 sprays) it gives me a headache

Creed BDP first comes to my mind

Maybe he just wants to get his moneys worth? Instead of $200+ bottles of scented water a lot of houses are putting out. I know if i'm paying that kind of money i want it to last & be able to smell it without having to bury my nose in my arm. I don't mean to sound rude Nilla.. i'm just saying we've become too excepting of mediocre products for rediculous prices. If we started only buying quality frags that lasted maybe the other houses would be forced to step up their game a little or go out of business. End of rant. lol
    Last edited by Mitchapalooza; 4th July 2014 at 08:45 AM.

Basenotes Member

Chanel Antaeus is a 10 in both categories.

Amouage Epic
    Amouage Honour
    Amouage Memoir
    Amouage Silver
    Amouage Fate

Sound Scents

Portrait of a Lady puts most others to shame projection and sillage-wise.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Musc Ravager.
    Last edited by Jack Hunter; 4th July 2014 at 10:16 AM.

One spray for me as usual. It's perfect for the whole day.

Two more beast mode: Hermes Rocabar and Givenchy Insense. They are masterpiece.

Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    Sand Aoud is a MONSTER...so much so, it's on my sales thread.

I would add Mancera Kumkat Wood as well...
    Last edited by fragrance123; 4th July 2014 at 10:24 AM.

lots.. SL Tubereuse Criminelle, Epic man, Interlude man Amouage, to name a few...
    There's ice on the sink where we bathe ....So how can you call this a home.... When you know it's a grave

Interlude Man, Amouage

Slumberhouse Ore
    Slumberhouse pear & olive

+1 Interlude Man
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

Cuir Mauresque by Lutens
    Ambre Sultan by Lutens
    MKK by Lutens
    Green Irish Tweed by Creed
    Musc Ravageur by Malle
    Kouros by YSL
    Body Kouros by YSL
    Rive Gauche by YSL
    Pour Homme by YSL
    A*Men by Mugler
    Esencia by Loewe
    Paco Rabanne Pour Homme
    Bulgari Pour Homme
    Kiton for Men
    Azzaro Pour Homme
    Eau des Iles by Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier
    Voleur de Roses by L'Artisan

+ anything that I don't like always seems to have amazing sillage and projection.

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    Amouage Epic
    Amouage Honour
    Amouage Memoir
    Amouage Silver
    Amouage Fate
    Haha, good! I love me some Amouage. I couldn't get behind Fate, wish it was my cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by drseid View Post
    Portrait of a Lady puts most others to shame projection and sillage-wise.
    No kidding. Two sprays to the chest and my neighbor working in her hard about 20 feet away said I smelled really good as I briefly walked on by with my dog. I was shocked.
    Current favorites:
    2. M by Puredistance
    3. Epic Man by Amouage
    4. Jeke by Slumberhouse

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Absolutely.
    When I first wore it Hednic, it really didn't do it for me. I think I said so at the time, that it was just ok. Next day, a little better, got more from it. Now, it's one of my go to scents, wear it all the time in all weather for all occasions. It's a masterpiece, has everything I look for in a fragrance. I've even had woman try it on, and that mysore sandalwood base is so easy to love. So glad you introduced me to LM Parfums all those months ago, great call! Black Oud and Hard Leather are so good.
    Current favorites:
    2. M by Puredistance
    3. Epic Man by Amouage
    4. Jeke by Slumberhouse

Frank Los Angeles No. 2

My bottle is 5 or 6 yrs old, I don't know if they've changed the formula or not....they did change the bottle itself

Quote Originally Posted by tdwctdwc View Post
    +1 Interlude Man
    Interlude Man is funny because 2 sprays last 24 hours with lots of projection to spare... and it's important to mention that 2 sprays doesn't really mean what most think of, because its sprayer barely puts out any juice at all! And thank god for that! 2 sprays from my Interlude bottle put out less juice than 1 spray from most of my other scents, and 2 sprays from Interlude put out less juice than a quarter-spray from a Creed! Could you imagine Interlude Man with a Creed sprayer? OHMYGOD. One spray would be enough to stink out an entire building, if not an entire city block. Interlude Man is some powerful stuff, but I love it. I just make sure to wear it lightly.

Bogart pour homme
    fahreneit
    issey miyake pour homme

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    Musc Ravager.
    ... and on me, sadly, it's light vanilla pudding that fades to very light skin scent within 30 minutes. :-[

Two more beast mode: Hermes Rocabar and Givenchy Insense. They are masterpiece.
    As much as I like Rocabar, it's another one of those that turns super-light on me and turns into light skin scent within 30 minutes or so. Even if I overspray (10+ sprays) it doesn't last long on me at all. Minimal projection while it lasts, too. Speaking of current formulation, my bottle is less than a year old.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchapalooza View Post
    Maybe he just wants to get his moneys worth? Instead of $200+ bottles of scented water a lot of houses are putting out. I know if i'm paying that kind of money i want it to last & be able to smell it without having to bury my nose in my arm. I don't mean to sound rude Nilla.. i'm just saying we've become too excepting of mediocre products for rediculous prices. If we started only buying quality frags that lasted maybe the other houses would be forced to step up their game a little or go out of business. End of rant. lol
    Bravo ! I am with you man.

I think some of Clive Christian's scents certainly deserve a 10/10, particularly X, C and No.1 for men.

Xerjoff's shooting stars line is also quite good in this regard, with particular props to Xerjoff Kobe and Xerjoff Nio.

Amouage also has some 10/10 in terms of sillage and longevity and as mentioned above I think Reflection is one of them.

Roja Dove's Extraits (Danger Pour Homme and Enigma Pour Homme) and Pure Distance M also deserve 10/10 for sillage and longevity in my opinion (these are the only two from his range that I have spent a lot of time with, there may be others).

S. Humbert 777 O Hira de reserves 10/10 in this regard.

Arabian Oud's King Fahad deserves an 11/10 in this regard.

Piguet's Knightsbridge also has good sillage and longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by musky_monkey View Post
    Cuir Mauresque by Lutens
    Ambre Sultan by Lutens
    MKK by Lutens
    Green Irish Tweed by Creed
    Musc Ravageur by Malle
    Kouros by YSL
    Body Kouros by YSL
    Rive Gauche by YSL
    Pour Homme by YSL
    A*Men by Mugler
    Esencia by Loewe
    Paco Rabanne Pour Homme
    Bulgari Pour Homme
    Kiton for Men
    Azzaro Pour Homme
    Eau des Iles by Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier
    Voleur de Roses by L'Artisan

+ anything that I don't like always seems to have amazing sillage and projection.

GIT???? Are you high? lol....That stuff lasts about as long as a flea fart....
    FOR SALE:

Cedrat Enivrant 30ml-

Brecourt Esprit Mondain 1.7 oz.

Fougere Royale
    Lubin Itasca
    VE
    Molecule 01
    Escentric 02
    Eau Des Baux
    Terre D'Hermes (parfum version)
    Breath of God
    Dirty
    Aventus
    MFK Oud
    MFK Amyris
    MFK CPLS
    MFK APOM
    Sycomore
    Royal Oud
    Puredistance M
    Gucci Pour Homme II
    Xerjoff Nio
    LIDG
    Chanel Bleu
    FOR SALE:

Cedrat Enivrant 30ml-

Brecourt Esprit Mondain 1.7 oz.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchapalooza View Post
    Maybe he just wants to get his moneys worth? Instead of $200+ bottles of scented water a lot of houses are putting out.
    I can see your point, particularly given all the classic fragrances that go away to reformulation rehab and come back as a disappointing shadow of their former selves. But at the same time, isn't this really just another way of suggesting that quality = stinkiness? If canaries don't drop dead at 25 paces, it's ripoff shite.

If nothing else, this seems like a rather constrained viewpoint. There are whole worlds of fragrance that intentionally refrain from slapping faces and taking names. This is a perfectly worthy approach in its own right and doesn't necessarily indicate any sort of skullduggery.

Atelier Gold Leather