Code of Conduct

Default Lorenzo Villoresi Acqua di Colonia vs. Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa

Does anyone find a strong similarity and how would you compare the two? I'm starting to explore the Villoresi line and find them very we'll blended.
    Currently wearing: Grey Vetiver by Tom Ford

Default Re: Lorenzo Villoresi Acqua di Colonia vs. Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa

I used to wear AdP Colonia a lot in the late 90's when the new owners started marketing it internationally and I think it's a classic, really, altho it has 'diminished' a bit I think, as you might expect with commercial decisions and/or restrictions etc. over the last couple of decades. I hope they keep it afloat and take good care of it - it's the pillar that line was built around.

I have been wearing Mr. Villoresi's Colonia a bit since Spring arrived - great stuff, always enjoy it and thinking another bottle might be due soon. It strikes me as more of a light orange flower with a touch of musk, simpler and more natural (in the literal sense of ingredients) than the AdP which has such a terrific sweet citrus, and what I sense as an orange flower / rose floral thing working in tandem.

Both wonderful things

P.S I didn't find the Intensa or any of the other flankers that interesting, it's nice to see a riff on a concept but in this case they all just seem to lose what gave the original it's charm. I guess that makes me a traditionalist.
    Last edited by mr. reasonable; 4th July 2014 at 06:06 PM.
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
    ― Isaac Asimov

Default Re: Lorenzo Villoresi Acqua di Colonia vs. Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa

AdP Colonia Intensa has a soft leather note entirely absent from the Villoresi. I like both. The former is one of the nicest in the AdP range, along with Essenza. The Villoresi is the best quality traditional EdC I have come across, with a price to match. It is wonderful, but has little in common with AdP Colonia Intensa.
    Number of sprays N = {(6-L)x(7-P)}/2 (where L = longevity and P = projection, on a scale of 1-5).

So Isolde you it's similar to the original AdP Colonia?
    Currently wearing: Grey Vetiver by Tom Ford