Code of Conduct

Question Jacomo - Anthracite pour l'Homme

Your views on this one please.
    Is it comparable to anything else ?
    Holiday accommodation, (central apartments in Berlin and south of France) offered in exchange for fragrances. Please pm me.

Default Re: Jacomo - Anthracite pour l'Homme

I own this and enjoy this. One of my first Jacomos. A nice sweet floral fragrance. Very understated and inoffensive.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

I own this as well, and love it. Wonderful floral fougere. Not a powerhouse but quite intense. The reviews here nail it very well.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Was it LT who compared it to Obsession Night for Women? I've never tried it.

I've been interested too. Is this still in production? If so, has it been reformulated?

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    I've been interested too. Is this still in production? If so, has it been reformulated?

cacio
    Sadly, I think it's been discontinued for a long while now (?)
    Holiday accommodation, (central apartments in Berlin and south of France) offered in exchange for fragrances. Please pm me.

Speaking of these lesser-known discontinued "masculines," I recently acquired some Caractere and would say that is one to keep an eye open for.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    Speaking of these lesser-known discontinued "masculines," I recently acquired some Caractere and would say that is one to keep an eye open for.
    Actually this one is still in production and available in many places in France if perhaps altered from when it first came out. Great scent by the way.

http://hechter-parfums.com/parfum-co...-caractere.htm
    Last edited by hednic; 5th July 2014 at 03:43 AM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Actually this one is still in production and available if perhaps altered from when it first came out.

http://hechter-parfums.com/parfum-co...-caractere.htm
    I couldn't figure out how to try and buy it there, and when you do the usual kinds of google searches for it, you basically get what you would expect from a long-discontinued scent. Also, if what I am smelling from my bottle is fine with IFRA's latest guidelines, nobody should ever fear that those guidelines will make any difference! LOL.

UPDATE: By searching for it with the French word prix (instead of price) I found some French sites that sell 50 ml bottles (with a slightly different design) for around 15 euros. This is really interesting - my guess is that it was reformulated the way Acteur was, that is, a fairly good attempt at reproduction but with clearly lower quality/more synthetic ingredients. I doubt I would want it if this is in fact the case, but we'll have to wait for someone to try this recent formulation and report back.
    Last edited by Bigsly; 5th July 2014 at 08:45 AM.

As it says on their website "Produit disponible en grande surface" - "product available in supermarkets" - everywhere - in France though.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    As it says on their website "Produit disponible en grande surface" - "product available in supermarkets" - everywhere - in France though.
    I hope a French BNer can speak to this. If this is now a "drug store" scent and is the same as what I have, it's got to be one of the best bargains ever! However, my guess is that this is like the French version of so many vintage greats here, that is, it was reformulated into a weak, bubble bath/"laundry musk" nightmare. LOL.

Like it very much; gently floral with a nice marjoram note.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Another solid old school offering from Jacomo. I own it and can't find a good reason for not wearing it more often.