Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default Is there a feedback thread or forum subdivision for warning about ebay scammers?

As the title says Im wondering if there is a thread or subforum that discusses ebay or other sellers who are known rip off artist. I recently had an experience where a particular ebayer is ripping people off but I want to make sure Im posting in the right area.

Default Re: Is there a feedback thread or forum subdivision for warning about ebay scammers?

Quote Originally Posted by Tmoran View Post
    As the title says Im wondering if there is a thread or subforum that discusses ebay or other sellers who are known rip off artist. I recently had an experience where a particular ebayer is ripping people off but I want to make sure Im posting in the right area.
    Actually, Basenotes isn't a platform for such a thing. While it's good of you to look out for other members, we assume that people will do their own research and shop at their own risk, thus keeping the discussion more pointed toward fragrance.

Also, it's stated in the code of conduct here:http://www.basenotes.net/content/92-...ct-for-Members

1.2 The Basenotes Community is not a venue for personal or private vendettas.

Keep your personal business as just that – personal. This forum is not a venue for the resolution of personal disputes with members or companies.

Default Re: Is there a feedback thread or forum subdivision for warning about ebay scammers?

TMoran, although moderator is correct.....I whole heartily appreciate your UTMOST concern for the next fella fume head not getting burned as many wouldn't care a penny to advise others of shark infested waters....Thx dude and GodBless for the heads up , have a great weekend
    Last edited by magnus611; 4th July 2014 at 11:41 PM.
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Quote Originally Posted by magnus611 View Post
    TMoran, although moderator is correct.....I whole heartily appreciate your UTMOST concern for the next fella fume head not getting burned as many wouldn't care a penny to advise others of shark infested waters....Thx dude and GodBless for the heads up , have a great weekend
    Absolutely. Your best bet though is to leave eBay feedback. Hopefully our members will see it there.

Basenotes Plus

Thanks for informing me. I have a bad memory but should have remembered the rule. Im glad I asked. I dont want people getting burned. But I also dont want to pee in the pool either, lol. Thanks.

"Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see." -Benjamin Franklin

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Nvm eBay, we have our very own scammers here on BN. They get reported to the mods but I'm not exactly sure what came of it.

There's a Marketplace Scammer Alert thread
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/218...-advice-UPDATE
    Directory contribution link:-
    http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    There's a Marketplace Scammer Alert thread
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/218...-advice-UPDATE
    That thread has been closed. Plus it would appear that the powers that be would rather us not bring non basenote issues up on basenotes. If anyone is interested in the details I have no problem discussing it via pm. But I will honor the wishes of the mods and not make a scene over it on the forum. If desired we can close this thread.

I think it is permissible to say what happened to you with a particular ebay transaction, and to provide your opinion about what at least one seller there might be doing, just so long as you don't mention specific sellers or transaction numbers. Is this correct, mods?

For example, if you tell us that there is a seller who just listed a bunch of 100 ml AdG bottles starting at 99 cents and with no reserve. This is an obvious one but I just wanted to be clear. I remember another claim from years ago that one seller listed a bunch of old and rare splash bottles, but had also purchased those same bottles recently empty, so may have been filling them up with just about anything. That would give fellow BN members some things to research or at least think about before buying on ebay. That said, I've had a lot more good luck than bad on ebay, and just about all the bad was resolved to my satisfaction or in a way that wasn't any kind of "big loss."
    Last edited by Bigsly; 21st July 2014 at 01:06 AM.