Code of Conduct

Default Tim McGraw Cologne Wow!!!

My sample of TdH was wearing out, so I tried the Original and Southern Blend on each wrist while at Kohl's. Wow! Both were the most appealing colognes that I have ever smelled and worn. I am no Darvant or alfarom, but this was a magnificent blend of whiskey, leather, and tobacco. Really, really good to my palate. Anyway, the bad news was that there was zero projection and about 2 hours of longevity on both. Why in the world would they make such a wonderful scent and not hire Mugler's chemists to work their performance wizardry? Such a a waste. And at $29 for 0.5 ounces it actually has an incredibly high price for the amount of juice you get. I thought Tim was about the common man and pickup trucks? Anyone know of anything similar to this wonderful scent?
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Default Re: Tim McGraw Cologne Wow!!!

You can get those McGraw cologne way cheaper online.
    Currently wearing: Joop! Homme by Joop!

You can get these online for much cheaper prices. Yes the longevity isn't the greatest on either.. I get about 4 hours with both.. but when buying online and spending 10 bucks for a bottle, instead of 30, you can buy a couple bottles then decant them into atomizers and bring with you on the go.
    My Ultimate Top 5:

Fahrenheit (1988)
    Le Vetiver Itasca (2010)
    Arpege pour Homme (2005)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    You can get these online for much cheaper prices. Yes the longevity isn't the greatest on either.. I get about 4 hours with both.. but when buying online and spending 10 bucks for a bottle, instead of 30, you can buy a couple bottles then decant them into atomizers and bring with you on the go.
    Thanks. I would have expected them to sell a big 3.3 oz for about $29.99. Amazon has a 1 ounce for $19. That works out to about $62 for a 3.3 oz and if you have to apply it twice, its a $124 cologne. Not much of a bargain, but still it is a great scent. If you put your name on a product, make a quality product and give your fans a decent value.

Had to edit, got wrong country singer...

Have yet to bring myself to try anything Mcgraw like... dig his music though.
    Last edited by BeyondTheBox; 6th July 2014 at 05:19 AM.

I just bought Southern Blend myself last week and think it smells AMAZING! Haven't done a fun wearing yet, but longevity seems pretty poor unfortunately

I was shocked the first time I smelled it. Then an hour later it was gone, but it's a good cheapie. You might also want to try Mustang for Men. It's in the black tin or the yellow bottle with the gold label. It's around $10 and has an excellent pipe tobacco type note.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    I was shocked the first time I smelled it. Then an hour later it was gone, but it's a good cheapie. You might also want to try Mustang for Men. It's in the black tin or the yellow bottle with the gold label. It's around $10 and has an excellent pipe tobacco type note.
    Sounds good. Anything besides Pure Malt with a whiskey vibe?

Rocawear evolution is a boozy fragrance in the same vein as Pure Malt.

Sent from Richard's Ipad
    Some day's you're the statue and some days you're the pigeon.

When I hear boozy notes, I immediately think of Bentley and it's intense flanker as good suggestions
    Bang for your buck too for the quality of these scents.

MAISON MARTIN MARGIELA
    'REPLICA' Jazz Club

This imo smells like a higher quality Tim McGraw Soutern blend. It last much longer as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
    Tried his phoenix, was atrocious, old drunk bathed in vanilla and wrapped in smokey leather smell. Total vomit inducing.
    I believe that was Keith Urban's.
    Currently wearing: L'Insoumis by Lalique

Totally agree, love both the McGraw and the Southern Blend but also wish the longevity was better I picked up 3 each the little 3 buck stocking stuffers of both of them though at Walmart before last Christmas and use them for a take along bottle to re-apply if I need to.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde65 View Post
    I believe that was Keith Urban's.
    Lol, d'oh! That's right. Well one of them white rappers with guitars and cow bells... good catch though.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    Rocawear evolution is a boozy fragrance in the same vein as Pure Malt.

Sent from Richard's Ipad
    I was pleasantly surprised by Evolution, great smelling and long lasting slightly boozy/gourmand....great cheapie.

You can find both McGraw original and Southern Blend in the .5 oz bottles for around 7-10 bucks shipped on ebay.

Best deal I ever found though, there was a lady on there selling these .5 oz bottles of Southern Blend that are harder to come across, they have plain glass bottles and screw off caps, they make these for a variety of fragrances including the Nautica, and Nautica Blue as well. She had a lot of 4 of them for like 16 bucks shipped, which came out to 2 oz. I bought them and bought a new atomizer bottle for about 10 bucks, and for about 26 bucks, I have 2 oz of Southern Blend in my own custom bottle.

Ebay is the best place for fragrances like this.
    My Ultimate Top 5:

Fahrenheit (1988)
    Le Vetiver Itasca (2010)
    Arpege pour Homme (2005)