Code of Conduct
o

Question How do Zegna's Florentine Iris & Pierre Cardin's Iris Sauvage compare to Prada Infusion d'Homme?

How do Zegna's Florentine Iris & Pierre Cardin's Iris Sauvage compare to Prada Infusion d'Homme, and how would you rank the 3 (for anyone out there who is familiar with all 3 fragrances)? I have not sampled either before and am trying to avoid something that is too cloyingly sweet or smells like carrots. Something comparable or better would even be helpful. Le Labo Iris and Divine L'Homme de Coeur were recommended to try, but both are much more expensive.
    Last edited by hmedlock; 17th July 2014 at 06:34 AM.

Default Re: How do Zegna's Florentine Iris & Pierre Cardin's Iris Sauvage compare to Prada Infusion d'Homme

Sorry, I'm new to posting in the forum.
    Last edited by hmedlock; 17th July 2014 at 06:36 AM.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: How do Zegna's Florentine Iris & Pierre Cardin's Iris Sauvage compare to Prada Infusion d'Homme

I can't speak to the Pierre Cardin, but I own the Zegna and it is much less sweet than the Prada which I have only tried casually. The Zegna at least to me doesn't smell at all like carrots. IMO the Zegna is much better than the Prada.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Thank you hednic,

I will give Zegna's Florentine Iris a try. And, I love and completely agree with the quote at the end of your post. Thank you for being helpful and polite.

Quote Originally Posted by hmedlock View Post
    Thank you hednic,

I will give Zegna's Florentine Iris a try. And, I love and completely agree with the quote at the end of your post. Thank you for being helpful and polite.
    You're welcome. After you have a chance to give the Zegna a try, report back and share your observations. I'd love to hear them.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Conversely, I personally do not know the Zegna very well, instead being very familiar with Iris Sauvage by Pierre Cardin. Compared to Prada Infusion, this Pierre Cardin approach towards iris is less fresh and airy, but also the more linear, floral and powdery type of iris, at least in my opinion.

Thank you Ken. I'm just now seeing this. It sounds like Pierre Cardin is still a good alternative, although different from Prada. I'll let you both know my thoughts as soon as I have the chance to try both.

Ok. I've tried Zegna's Florentine Iris. WOW! It definitely rivals Prada Infusion d'Homme if not better depending on your personal tastes. The only con is that it solely comes in a 4.2 oz bottle. I wish more fragrance houses would get back to creating more of the 1 oz bottles for people who take longer to go through a bottle of cologne. It takes me a year just to get through a 1.7 oz bottle. But, back to Florentine Iris...hands down one of my personal top 3 fragrances for men ever.

Quote Originally Posted by hmedlock View Post
    Ok. I've tried Zegna's Florentine Iris. WOW! It definitely rivals Prada Infusion d'Homme if not better depending on your personal tastes. The only con is that it solely comes in a 4.2 oz bottle. I wish more fragrance houses would get back to creating more of the 1 oz bottles for people who take longer to go through a bottle of cologne. It takes me a year just to get through a 1.7 oz bottle. But, back to Florentine Iris...hands down one of my personal top 3 fragrances for men ever.
    I thought you would like it.