Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Basenotes Plus

Default allure homme edition blanch

I love allure homme and homme sport. I haven't found edition Blanche anywhere. Was it a limited supply? It's on the chanel site.

Anything similar?

Unique enough to warrant a blind buy?

Default Re: allure homme edition blanch

Not sure if it was limited but I am quite sure it has been discontinued. Personally I didn't like the scent but many others here rate it highly, so its probably worth your while seeking it out given you like the others.
    BRING BACK OUR GIRLS!

In the US, they seem to have pulled it from the stores and made it only available from the website (which caused me to assume it meant discontinuation - and thus buy a back-up!).

However, that was a while ago now, and I think it is still available in stores outside the US. Still - if you really like it, don't waste too much time... As far as a blind buy? I think it is well worth it. Others will certainly disagree however.

Not anything really similar. No.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    6. Puredistance - Black
    7. Tom Ford - Plum Japonais
    8. Neela Vermeire - Trayee
    9. Creed - Royal Oud
    10. Chanel - Egoiste

Basenotes Plus

How prominent is the vetiver? I don't notice it in any of the other allures.

It can still be found but now with more difficulty.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by sdotlow View Post
    I love allure homme and homme sport. I haven't found edition Blanche anywhere. Was it a limited supply? It's on the chanel site.

Anything similar?

Like you I LOVE Allure Homme Sport and I did blind buy Edition Blanche as well. Actually two bottles, because I read rumors it was going to be discontinued. Which BTW are NOT true!(they were just pulled from the stores and now sold only on Chanel's site...dunno why?) Anyhoo, it's a terrific fragrance and I highly recommend it!!! I do like AHS slightly more and the projection/longevity of Blanche is a bit less as well, but still very good compared to others. As far as scents that are similar?! Well, there really aren't any IMO that are "close enough" to not warrant a purchase. I would say a couple of cheapies that have one or two things in common are:

Lalique White(most like it IMO..lots of wood in the mid though, then dies down to kind of resemble a toned down EB)
    Samba Kiss Me Men(creaminess of EB, but more a peppery/lime citrus than the peppery/lemon of EB...has a vanilla drydown)
    Hanai Mori HM(candied lemon, with mild florals and nuclear projection/longevity...least like EB out of the 3 IMO)

Honestly, not much at all IMO.....because I HATE strong vetiver scents, and LOVE EB!

If you are looking for a vetiver, you won't find it here. Mostly a creamy lemon with some depth - but not really any pronounced vetiver that is obvious to my nose. This scent is much different fragrance than the others in the Allure line.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    6. Puredistance - Black
    7. Tom Ford - Plum Japonais
    8. Neela Vermeire - Trayee
    9. Creed - Royal Oud
    10. Chanel - Egoiste

Basenotes Plus

I asked about something that smells similar as a frame of reference only. Curious how it smells, my blind buy record is fairly bad.

And I can't stand vetiver, so I was concerned how strong it was. I know vetiver is a note in AHS, but I don't get it at all.

Leaning blind buy. Going to see what other input I get and I'll call around the dc area to see if there is a tester anywhere. I haven't seen one in the past month.

No vetiver.

Smells like lemon cleaner from the sprayer.
    Goes on like a construction of a lemon pudding pie.
    Meh. I have a 5ml decant i reach for RARELY.
    Seems like it would go well with some chinos and a breezy white shirt on the beach.
    I have none of those.
    FragReviews.com - A Fresh Perspective

For Sale - Niche & Designer - Bottles & Samples - Updated 9/17

Not worth seeking IMO, (sold my bottle with 98% left a while back)save an extra buck or two and get L'Humaniste and you will avoid a synthetic lemon pie vibe/pledge lemon cleaner as for L'Humaniste is a natural crisp Gin and tonic with lemony vibe to die for....btw I get 5-8 hrs of healthy projection thereafter a skin scent....but all worth it...

*Guaranteed satisfaction as BlindBuy, although I always recommend to sample and test drive for at least 48-72hrs(2-3days of Normal wear)but this one is the exception to the rule.

but be caution some do get poor longevity and even at best get 2-4 hrs but that's circumstantial and subjective to wearers skin chemistry but you can always strike your gear(apparel) with shots of L'Humaniste and it should help with longevity issues, but nevertheless an amazing scent.
    Last edited by magnus611; 17th July 2014 at 02:29 AM.
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

I hope you like ginger, because all I get on my skin after the drydown is ginger, ginger, and more ginger. It's almost nauseating in that regard.

L'humaniste is the way to go, but like others stated it's light and can be fleeting. If your going to pay upwards of $80 dollars for Edition blanche you might as well spend $40 dollars more and get L'humaniste. Either way they're both really nice in my opinion.

I strongly believe is you love AHS, you have a really high chance of liking or even loving Edition Blanche. Beautiful fragrance for the hot weather.

I don't think it's discontinued. It's on Chanel's site (where I bought it), but also sold at the Neiman Marcus here in San Francisco, for instance.

I got a strong lemon smell that smelled too real to be appealing. then it turned into a pepper bomb on my skin. I sold it after 3 wearings.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

AHS is a mega-hit for a reason. Edition Blanche is obviously trying to capitalize on that. I don't think the top notes of many beloved fragrances are that great - it's all about the dry down which in this case is a creamy cedar-tonka with a hint of vanilla and musk. No vetiver here.

It is very, very good and I think a lot of what is being described in this thread are the top notes. The dry down, while maybe not your cup of tea, certainly doesn't smell like lemon or lemon-pudding. Fragrance descriptions are obviously subjective but you aren't gonna find any lemon-pudding in the dry down.

Samples are easy to find - decantshop, etc. It's too expensive for a blind buy but as is almost often the case - the sales #s reflect how good a fragrance is and this is no exception. You can find AHS in Nordstroms and a lot of other places. Many of us don't want to smell like anyone else, which might be a problem with this flanker (or flanker of a flanker I guess) as it's not that different from AHS. It is, however, a winner for a reason.

Anything similar?

OP, just dug through my samples when I got home, I've got a brand new Edition Blanche tester I'll send you. Just PM your address and I'll hook you up.

Nice scent. Ebay should have it.

Check Sephora if you live near one. They sell it in store, at least here they do.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by bigbz View Post
    OP, just dug through my samples when I got home, I've got a brand new Edition Blanche tester I'll send you. Just PM your address and I'll hook you up.
    Thanks, PM sent!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxflier View Post
    Check Sephora if you live near one. They sell it in store, at least here they do.
    I've checked everywhere in my county. 4 malls with who knows how many department stores. No luck. Not really interested in going in to D.C. for a designer fragrance test.

I think if its the vanilla and citrus, sorta lemon cream pie part that youre looking for.. Id say versace eros, or creed sublime vanille. And both smell better imo. And to add my 2 cents to the l'humaniste comments I also get decent longevity when ever ive worn it. But I think its hella overrated myself and only OK smelling shrug
    Last edited by seekritdude; 17th July 2014 at 04:31 PM.

Basenotes Plus

I have AHS, and allure homme has been on my buy list for awhile. I love AHS.

I've seen a number of people mention it, and have it in their signature as part of their rotation. I had no idea this flanker existed, which is why I was enquiring. I figured if I liked the others, I might like this one. Bigbz is awesome and is sending me the sample he has. If I enjoy it, I'll check out l'humaniste before I buy AHEB.

On the niche side of the fence, give Unknown Pleasures by Kerosene a shot too.
    Its between Creed's Virgin Island Water and Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche.

Very nice, samples from Min New York.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by MegaMav View Post
    Its between Creed's Virgin Island Water and Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche.

Just looked at the notes and it looks interesting (waffle cone lol). Is that unisex?

I've yet to start exploring Kerosene's line, but your description of Unknown Pleasures sounds very intriguing. Looks like I have more samples to buy!

Just looked at the notes and it looks interesting (waffle cone lol). Is that unisex?
    Could be, but it doesnt smell feminine.

Quote Originally Posted by caferacer View Post
    I've yet to start exploring Kerosene's line, but your description of Unknown Pleasures sounds very intriguing. Looks like I have more samples to buy!
    My description is about as accurate as I can make it, I've had it on for a couple of hours now.
    Its the lemon, as if you just ripped the rind off and the spray hits your nose.
    Vanilla/Caramel gives it the creamy vibe from Edition Blanche.
    There is something in here that smells similar to the coconut from Virgin Island Water.
    Possibly the tea note.

It doesnt smell seasonal to me, other than extreme heat, I could see this get cloying easy.
    Girlfriend likes it, shockingly actually. She doesnt like Edition Blanche at all, says it smells like pledge.
    Take it for what its worth.

Basenotes Plus

I was looking at the other kerosene frags and saw some ones I might find interesting as well. Thanks for the heads up, going to be snatching up some samples soon.

I wouldn't say the vetiver is dominant at all. The lemon in the opening is a really natural and fresh cut lemon, not like the lemon feel with AHS which actually is orange. The main players are lemon, vanilla and pink pepper. No vetiver sticking out IMO.

My description is about as accurate as I can make it, I've had it on for a couple of hours now.
    Its the lemon, as if you just ripped the rind off and the spray hits your nose.
    Vanilla/Caramel gives it the creamy vibe from Edition Blanche.
    There is something in here that smells similar to the coconut from Virgin Island Water.
    Possibly the tea note.

It doesnt smell seasonal to me, other than extreme heat, I could see this get cloying easy.
    Girlfriend likes it, shockingly actually. She doesnt like Edition Blanche at all, says it smells like pledge.
    Take it for what its worth.
    Purchased some Kerosene samples from MiN immediately after reading this.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by caferacer View Post
    Purchased some Kerosene samples from MiN immediately after reading this.
    Yup, just ordered their 5 pack

The lemon hung around for about 3 hours.
    Now im getting ribbons of caramel.
    The dry down is edible without a doubt.

Very good stuff, and niche reasonable for under $130 for 100ml.
    Use a coupon for 15% off @ Min if you decide to purchase this.

Anything similar?

Hi, sdotlow!

I know many may argue with this, but personally, I dont recommend ANY blind buy to anyone. Even the most amazing fragrance in the world will have many people not liking it. This is all a matter of personal tastes. Now, I do love AHEB, its one of my favorite designer scents, but I will not recommend for a bind buy. What I do recommend is to sample first.

Personally, I do not think vetiver is prominent at all.

Take care.

Blog Entries

Edition Blanche is one of my favorite fragrances. I cannot imagine not having a bottle of it.

Like you, I could not find it in stores. The way I tried it was to buy a carded sample off of ebay. Once I smelled the sample it was instant love and bought a full bottle. There are several people over at Crystal Flacon forum that have decants of it too if you'd prefer that to ebay.

As far as the vetiver, I do detect it some on my skin later in the day when I'm smelling just the base. I'm by far not a vetiver lover, and i think EB smells great even in this stage. Otherwise the majority of the time its just a beautiful creamy lemon.

I'm currently testing L'eau d'Issey Sport to try to decide if its Full Bottle Worthy. There is a stage in the middle of Issey Sport that I think reminds me of EB's base (very similar amount and use of vetiver). Ok, the vetiver may be a little more prominent in Issey Sport than EB, but my point is if this one isn't unpleasant to you, you will love it in EB. The reason i bring that up is that I find Issey Sport testers much more available in stores (Macy's, Ulta, Sephora, etc.) It may be worth hitting one of those. If you try that, just imagine replacing Issey Sport's grapefruit note with a much nicer lemon.

Another one I find similar (slightly) that is more available in stores is L'eau par Kenzo. It has a fresh lemon-y note. But where LpK is "brighter", "zestier", and more "casual" I find EB more "Classy", "Refined" and VERY versatile.

And a final note, I personally wouldn't make assumptions of EB based on the rest of the Allure line (original, sport, sport extreme). I really don't like Allure or Allure Sport at all but LOVE EB. I'm glad I didn't write it off based on my experience with the others.
    Last edited by Tarheel Golfer; 18th July 2014 at 03:05 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel Golfer View Post
    Edition Blanche is one of my favorite fragrances. I cannot imagine not having a bottle of it.

Like you, I could not find it in stores. The way I tried it was to buy a carded sample off of ebay. Once I smelled the sample it was instant love and bought a full bottle. There are several people over at Crystal Flacon forum that have decants of it too if you'd prefer that to ebay.

As far as the vetiver, I do detect it some on my skin later in the day when I'm smelling just the base. I'm by far not a vetiver lover, and i think EB smells great even in this stage. Otherwise the majority of the time its just a beautiful creamy lemon.

I'm currently testing L'eau d'Issey Sport to try to decide if its Full Bottle Worthy. There is a stage in the middle of Issey Sport that I think reminds me of EB's base (very similar amount and use of vetiver). Ok, the vetiver may be a little more prominent in Issey Sport than EB, but my point is if this one isn't unpleasant to you, you will love it in EB. The reason i bring that up is that I find Issey Sport testers much more available in stores (Macy's, Ulta, Sephora, etc.) It may be worth hitting one of those. If you try that, just imagine replacing Issey Sport's grapefruit note with a much nicer lemon.

Another one I find similar (slightly) that is more available in stores is L'eau par Kenzo. It has a fresh lemon-y note. But where LpK is "brighter", "zestier", and more "casual" I find EB more "Classy", "Refined" and VERY versatile.

And a final note, I personally wouldn't make assumptions of EB based on the rest of the Allure line (original, sport, sport extreme). I really don't like Allure or Allure Sport at all but LOVE EB. I'm glad I didn't write it off based on my experience with the others.
    A BN member was kind enough to mail me their sample, so I do have one enroute to me.

I actually have L'eau D'Issey Sport on my shelf at home, and it's sitting at 25%. I however have a full bottle of L'eau D'Issey I'm trying to get rid of because I can't stand it, and the vetiver. The sport version is quite a bit better, but the vetiver stands out a bit to me still, and I rarely wear it any more. Haven't touched it for years, actually. Every time I smell it when deciding what to wear for the day, I have a wealth of better options. If I had more in the bottle, I'd try and swap/sell. I'll probably end up giving it to a friend or a younger cousin. Not a big fan of Issey's line.

In regards to Chanel's line, love the Allure Homme and Allure Homme Sport. LOVE them, but sport I enjoy the most. Allure Homme Sport Cologne I found gross. My main reason for considering Edition Blanche is from all of the love it gets here. I see it in a lot of lineups, and I've never seen it in store. It intrigued me.

I try not to blind buy when possible, but because AH and AHS are so close, I thought AHBE would be a reasonably safe bet - I suppose I was wrong! Holding off on sample arriving, and my ordering Kerosene samples and L'Humaniste, which are supposed to be in the same ball park. We shall see.

I appreciate all of the in put from everyone!

Basenotes Plus

What a cool comparison. I really liked Unknown Pleasures a lot- it really does a similar lemon/sandalwood experience as AEB. I will do a side by side testing, as I have a bottle of the Chanel, and still have some of my sample left of the Kerosene, which I found excellent.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by RichNTacoma View Post
    What a cool comparison. I really liked Unknown Pleasures a lot- it really does a similar lemon/sandalwood experience as AEB. I will do a side by side testing, as I have a bottle of the Chanel, and still have some of my sample left of the Kerosene, which I found excellent.
    Looking forward to your review.

Just in case anyone is interested, the main site for Kerosene has a sample package for all 10 of their frags.

http://www.houseofkerosene.com/Kerosene_Scents.html

Edit: Canceled my order with MiN NY and bought directly from Kerosene. I want that tin to use as my sample holding box. I'll post my thoughts when I get it.
    Last edited by sdotlow; 18th July 2014 at 05:27 PM.

Blog Entries

In regards to Chanel's line, love the Allure Homme and Allure Homme Sport. LOVE them, but sport I enjoy the most. Allure Homme Sport Cologne I found gross. My main reason for considering Edition Blanche is from all of the love it gets here. I see it in a lot of lineups, and I've never seen it in store. It intrigued me.

I try not to blind buy when possible, but because AH and AHS are so close, I thought AHBE would be a reasonably safe bet - I suppose I was wrong! Holding off on sample arriving, and my ordering Kerosene samples and L'Humaniste, which are supposed to be in the same ball park. We shall see.
    Looking forward to reading your opinion once you do get to try it.

I want to like AH and AHS so bad. Chanel is one of my favorite houses, and the "collector" side of me would love to see all the Allure bottles on my shelf. I LOVE AHEB, and a few other Chanels, so much I just cannot believe I don't like AH and AHS. I go back into the store every few months to try the testers again in the hopes that my tastes have changed or that I missed something (especially with people in the frag community in general praising AHS). But i just don't. I think there must be one note they both share that just hits my nose the wrong way, or doesn't work on my skin.

AHS-Eau Extreme, now....I've just recently started sampling that one. I think it could work for me, and I'm also trying to decide if it's Full Bottle Worthy. It's almost like they gave AHS the AHEB treatment. Whatever note I don't like in Sport is gone, and it has the "smoothness"/"texture" of AHEB that I enjoy. (AHEB = Lemon+Vanilla; AHSEE = Orange+Tonka). I think I'm going to get a decant of it so I have time to decide.

Basenotes Plus

I don't know if they had the AHSEE when I was sampling the Chanel stuff, I don't recall seeing it. I know AHSC was horribly gross. It was like someone took half a bottle of AHS and half a bottle of 1 Million and mixed them together. I found it repulsive.

I know what you mean though. I want to like Dior Homme, but I just can't. Flowery powder bomb. Platinum Egoiste I've tried repeatedly since it gets so much good praise around here, it just repels me. And because of how much I love the Chanel Allure stuff, I always give Bleu De Chanel a try when I see it. I really like the bottle, lol. I always think to myself, bleh. Maybe I'm biased because I smell Bleu on everyone around here.

There was a post on a thread here last year that said that Nordstrom gets one shipment of Edition Blanche a year, in August. Sure enough, I found it there last September. Not sure if that still holds true, but it might be worth checking out at that time this year.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by buzzley View Post
    There was a post on a thread here last year that said that Nordstrom gets one shipment of Edition Blanche a year, in August. Sure enough, I found it there last September. Not sure if that still holds true, but it might be worth checking out at that time this year.
    VERY interesting! Just in time for my birthday lol! Thanks for the heads up! I'll be sure to check in with them mid August if I haven't already purchased online.

I've also seen EB on a shelf at Nordstrom as recently as a few months ago. Re: the scent, I've tried but just can't warm up to it. I do own and enjoy AHS but EB just doesn't do it for me. Btw, you may want to try Dior Homme Sport if you're unfamiliar with it. I discovered it only recently and I do enjoy it. Easily sampled at Sephora.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by bbfan View Post
    I've also seen EB on a shelf at Nordstrom as recently as a few months ago. Re: the scent, I've tried but just can't warm up to it. I do own and enjoy AHS but EB just doesn't do it for me. Btw, you may want to try Dior Homme Sport if you're unfamiliar with it. I discovered it only recently and I do enjoy it. Easily sampled at Sephora.
    Just bought the old formulation version from someone on BN, but thanks

This one has been on the top of my list for awhile now. Its a shame that they don't offer it in stores because it sounds amazing on paper but id really like to sample it before I commit to buy.

Basenotes Junkie

When I first got it, I wasnt impressed. Right away it seemed a bit strange, not sure why.

However, I as I started wearing it here and there, especially in the heat of the summer, I kinda turned around on it. It really really shines past the opening stage. The heart and base of this fragrance are pretty remarkable. Plus the feedback from others was pretty good, and thats never a bad thing with colognes

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    L'humaniste is the way to go, but like others stated it's light and can be fleeting. If your going to pay upwards of $80 dollars for Edition blanche you might as well spend $40 dollars more and get L'humaniste. Either way they're both really nice in my opinion.
    L'humaniste is another great one. There are definitely some slight similarities between the two, although I think Humaniste has more similarity to Declaration than AHEB. But I love it and hopefully will own a bottle of it some day.

It's widely available in eBay but wow, the prices seem to have gone up like a rocket,really. I remember buying my 50 ml bottle for 35 € last summer.
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

Well if megamav has a 5ml decant he rarely uses maybe he'll sell it to you or atleast enough to smell it. Have you tried asking?

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchapalooza View Post
    Well if megamav has a 5ml decant he rarely uses maybe he'll sell it to you or atleast enough to smell it. Have you tried asking?
    I had said above that a member (Bigbz) was extremely kind enough to mail me a sample he had in a drawer. Thanks though.

I had said above that a member (Bigbz) was extremely kind enough to mail me a sample he had in a drawer. Thanks though.
    Oh sorry i missed that one. :-\

Basenotes Plus

So I received the sample yesterday (thanks again Bigbz!), and I was not impressed. I have both Allure Homme and Allure Homme Sport, and this was just, honestly, kind of gross to me. It definitely smelled like lemon cleaner for the first 20-30 minutes. The dry down did smell decent, although I do prefer the other 2 Allure's. I'll play with it a bit more, but so far, thumbs down.

It also smells like lemon bathroom cleaner to me. It's one of those scents that smells too close, too similar to household domestic cleaners and other products to warrant a purchase...because you smell something like it whenever you wash the kitchen floor or clean the bathroom.

Basenotes Junkie

Odd, last year I only saw AHEB in the Eurozone. Suddenly, about 3 months ago my local Neiman Marcus had multiple bottles on the shelf and they're pushing it every visit. I took a cruise last week, and it was available in quantity both on the boat and in all ports of call in Central America/Mexico. I guess Chanel finally decided the North American market was ripe for this one.

Bottom line on availability, I don't perceive this one as being close to discontinuation, and it's not apparently in short supply in the area of the world.

OP, I have AH, AHS, AHSEE and recently added AHEB. I find it closest to AHS of those, but it's the best of the whole line, as far as I'm concerned. I rarely recommend a blind buy, but I find it pretty improbable you wouldn't like it if you have some affinity for the others, especially AHS. So I'd say pull the trigger if you can't easily get a sample.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by JourneymanDave View Post
    Odd, last year I only saw AHEB in the Eurozone. Suddenly, about 3 months ago my local Neiman Marcus had multiple bottles on the shelf and they're pushing it every visit. I took a cruise last week, and it was available in quantity both on the boat and in all ports of call in Central America/Mexico. I guess Chanel finally decided the North American market was ripe for this one.

Bottom line on availability, I don't perceive this one as being close to discontinuation, and it's not apparently in short supply in the area of the world.

OP, I have AH, AHS, AHSEE and recently added AHEB. I find it closest to AHS of those, but it's the best of the whole line, as far as I'm concerned. I rarely recommend a blind buy, but I find it pretty improbable you wouldn't like it if you have some affinity for the others, especially AHS. So I'd say pull the trigger if you can't easily get a sample.
    I had just posted today my review of it. Wasn't a fan to be honest, glad I did not blind buy. Smelled like lemon disinfectant for 30 minutes, then mellowed in to regular Allure Homme with a bit of lemon in it. The dry down was pleasant, but not bottle worthy to me, considering I have Allure's I find more appealing (homme and sport).

The dry down is creamier and imo better than AHS. I have smelled a lot of fragrances and the initial blast isn't that great on many of them - you almost have to ignore it.

Basenotes Plus

Just got my tin from Kerosene with samples of all of their stuff. I posted my thoughts on a few in my other thread, but I am really enjoying unknown pleasures. The dry down is edible. Makes me want to bite my wrist.

Just got my tin from Kerosene with samples of all of their stuff. I posted my thoughts on a few in my other thread, but I am really enjoying unknown pleasures. The dry down is edible. Makes me want to bite my wrist.
    Im glad you like it.
    I may buy a bottle in the fall.

Basenotes Plus

I'm wearing the original DHS formulation I picked up last week. The lemon / citrus in this is what I was hoping Allure Homme Edition Blanche would have/be. If only they could get the lemon this clean and fresh, instead of that disinfectant smell, it would be an amazing scent in my eyes.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by magnus611 View Post
    Not worth seeking IMO, (sold my bottle with 98% left a while back)save an extra buck or two and get L'Humaniste and you will avoid a synthetic lemon pie vibe/pledge lemon cleaner as for L'Humaniste is a natural crisp Gin and tonic with lemony vibe to die for....btw I get 5-8 hrs of healthy projection thereafter a skin scent....but all worth it...

*Guaranteed satisfaction as BlindBuy, although I always recommend to sample and test drive for at least 48-72hrs(2-3days of Normal wear)but this one is the exception to the rule.

but be caution some do get poor longevity and even at best get 2-4 hrs but that's circumstantial and subjective to wearers skin chemistry but you can always strike your gear(apparel) with shots of L'Humaniste and it should help with longevity issues, but nevertheless an amazing scent.
    I was a little blah on the L'Humaniste sample I got, but picked up a decant anyway.

Blown away. It's been sitting on my arm for 8 hours. Dry down is not what I thought it was going to be, but I'm completely in love with it. This is just...damn. I see why it's sold out and on backorder indefinitely. I immediately logged online 2 hours in, and couldn't find a full bottle anywhere.

Thanks for the suggestion, will be hunting a full bottle for sure.

Basenotes Junkie

Yep, lhumaniste is the boss