Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
o

Default Moschino Pour Homme?

Hey everyone! I own and love Puredistance M, Bois Du Portugal, and Fetish Pour Homme. Something about Moschino Pour Homme has always intrigued me, perhaps the fact that it's a discontinued powerhouse, the notes/reviews, etc. Anyways, it seems to be attainable in decent quantities and for a reasonable price. I have been eyeballing Bel Ami for a while also.

I lean towards rich and woody orientals, chypres, and fougeres. My question is, do you think I'd dig on Moschino Pour Homme? It seems to be right in my wheelhouse. I will, by the way, be purchasing blind.

What are your thoughts in this one?
    Last edited by LeeroyDaBoy; 22nd July 2014 at 05:15 PM.

Default Re: Moschino Pour Homme?

A fine smooth leather scent with a nice mace note; love it!

It's a very good fragrance, in the same vein as Prada Amber.

Dependent

If you like Puredistance M, Bois Du Portugal, and Fetish Pour Homme - you'll also like Moschino Pour Homme! It's rich and aromatic, sort of similar to Hermes Bel Ami (a little) but with less leather and a lot more herbal vibe. It's still very reasonably priced, so I'd recommend getting a bottle while you can.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Currently wearing: Amber Absolute by Tom Ford

Thanks for the thoughts guys. And remik, I was hoping you would chime in also. If it is more herbal than leather, I may pass. I dunno.

Dependent

Well, don't take my word for it... according to both Basenotes and Fragrantica reviews, most people do get strong leather from it. Perhaps I need to revisit it, but last couple times I wore it, I got "less" leather than from Bel Ami. I only got the bottle just recently, so my experience with it is limited to a whole three wearings so far - I liked it every time I wore it, though. ;-) And I like the others you listed, too, hence my educated guess that you may like this one as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Most likely a worthy choice.
    Currently wearing: Zara Man Gold by Zara

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

I have tried it, but didn't care for it.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Mandatory!

My fragrance reviews | Ye Olde Civet Cat

There was always something about it that didn't seem quite right, and sometimes it was irritating. I sold off my bottle several months ago, after giving it a few regular wearings over a long course of time.

It's not terrible, but kind of boring in my opinion. I feel like it's very similar to Giorgio red.

I also had my eye on it for a while. It's got this mystical status, but ultimately I feel like it's only because it's discontinued.

I'm glad I opted for a 5 ML mini.
    "I am more afraid of an army of 100 Sheep led by a Lion than an army of 100 Lions led by a Sheep."
    Currently wearing: Vétiver by Christian Dior

Excellent leather powerhouse.
    Currently wearing: Lui by Mazzolari

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Mace is the clincher for me in this spicy, mildly leathery beauty.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!
    Currently wearing: Red Tobacco by Mancera

I bought it many years ago and didn't like it at all. I gave it to a friend who loved it.
    Now that im older i like it now and i can't find it in the shops. Discontinued and misunderstood.

I bought it many years ago and didn't like it at all. I gave it to a friend who loved it.
    Now that im older i like it now and i can't find it in the shops. Discontinued and misunderstood.

I have it. In no way is it a powerhouse fragrance. It has listed as a note a "sunshine accord". Maybe it smells of sunshine. But its no powerhouse. I find it soft and powdery, kind of apologetic for having an odor. Not unpleasant to me but barely on the radar as far as strength goes. And not remarkable as far as the scent. I honestly wouldn't recommend this to anyone- its sort of a non-issue.

I don't consider this a powerhouse - unless longevity is considered, as this does last long, but with average silage only - but the scent itself is wonderful. Bel ami to me is a much more stronger leather (in vintage).
    Currently wearing: Cedrat Boise by Mancera

Great leather scent, IMO a must have!
    Currently wearing: Esencia Loewe by Loewe

Quote Originally Posted by badarun View Post
    I don't consider this a powerhouse - unless longevity is considered, as this does last long, but with average silage only - but the scent itself is wonderful. Bel ami to me is a much more stronger leather (in vintage).
    I agree it's not a powerhouse, but it's worthy. Find it very similar to Bel Ami, but more on the herbal side. Can't find similarities with Giorgio Red. Reminds me something on Gucci Nobile mixed with Bel Ami, and that's a great thing to consider... Go for it, you won't regret at all. By the way, BEL AMI is unbeatable,!!!!
    Last edited by ezequiel91; 24th July 2014 at 11:02 PM.
    Currently wearing: Journey Man by Amouage

Banned

Is this one still in production? If so, how does it compare to the vintage.

There's an accord in it that I really disliked. It may be patchouli, leather, cedar, and something else. I like Bel Ami and several other leathers but this one I find abrasive, actually.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Hunt View Post
    Is this one still in production? If so, how does it compare to the vintage.
    It's been discontinued a while ago, and I don't think there was a "vintage" and "current" version - there was just one, as far as I know, and simply discontinued one day. If I'm incorrect on this one - please someone correct me. ;-)

As I wrote before, it's sort of similar to Bel Ami, but more herbal, slightly less leathery - but still considered a leather fragrance. If this helps... think about it as Bel Ami shift to Bel Ami Vetiver... about half-way there, and you'll get an idea as to what Moschino smells like.

You can still find it for ~$50 on eBay, or about $10 for a 5ml mini. That's a very cheap way to try it first-hand.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wearing Perfume Right Now

I finally got a bottle of Moschino Pour Homme. It's as good as anything I've worn, transporting. The development is the best of anything I remember trying. I'm curious to understand it better, and why it's so good.

Update: I thinks it's the carnation.

I absolutely love this fragrance! The dry down is really nice. I was able to get a bottle really cheap from a haul I discovered online. I'm glad I found this one and it was a blind buy solely on reviews. Definitely a nice leather fragrance! I'm not a fan of some of the other leather frags.

I like Bel Ami, M, and Fetish pH. So, in the midst of a grinding downsizing phase, I blind bought Moschino pH. No regrets whatsoever and I'd agree it's mandatory for those that are likewise big fans of the aforementioned. More overlap w/Fetish than the others to me. Given IFRA 43 and 47 amendments, I don't believe they could've made this much past 2010: my bottles date to 2010 and 2008.
    Wanna Shop? --> Buzier's Sales

MY TOP SHELF: Azzaro pH, Bel Ami, Blackbird, Blend 30, Cuba, Davidoff '84, Derby, Edition, Equipage, Jules, Knize Ten, Kouros, Leather Oud, Puredistance M, Santal Noble, Tribute Attar, Yatagan
    Currently wearing: Vermeil for Men by Vermeil

Quote Originally Posted by DuNezDeBuzier View Post
    I like Bel Ami, M, and Fetish pH. So, in the midst of a grinding downsizing phase, I blind bought Moschino pH. No regrets whatsoever and I'd agree it's mandatory for those that are likewise big fans of the aforementioned. More overlap w/Fetish than the others to me. Given IFRA 43 and 47 amendments, I don't believe they could've made this much past 2010: my bottles date to 2010 and 2008.
    I have a bottle without ingredients listed on the box.
    Im going to assume that is true vintage. Let me get pics:

No bar code without ingredients:
    Ingredients stamped into the style of the box: Ethyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Purified Water.

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Bar coded with warning ingredients:

s-l1600 (2).jpg
    My opinions in weblog form: FragranceReviewer.com
    Fragrance Sales: eBay Store

Always be smelling

Quote Originally Posted by MegaMav View Post
    I have a bottle without ingredients listed on the box.
    Im going to assume that is true vintage. Let me get pics:

No bar code without ingredients:
    Ingredients stamped into the style of the box: Ethyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Purified Water.

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Bar coded with warning ingredients:

s-l1600 (2).jpg
    And ? How is the smell?
    Beauty needs no morality or righteousness.
    It, like nature, does not give a shit
    Currently wearing: Genny (original) by Genny

Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    It's a very good fragrance, in the same vein as Prada Amber.
    LOL. How could I say this??? I meant Moschino Uomo? in this post.
    Didn't have the opportunity to try Moschino Pour Homme yet. It's not so easy to find. If it is as good as Moschino Moschino ("female one") it's a worthy blind buy for me.

SORRY for the mistake.
    Last edited by Beck; 15th July 2018 at 05:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DuNezDeBuzier View Post
    Given IFRA 43 and 47 amendments, I don't believe they could've made this much past 2010: my bottles date to 2010 and 2008.
    Are you sure? Maybe I am making a mistake but I remember "iMoschino Pour Homme" was discontinued shortly after Moschino death, in the middle of 1990s....

^ No, not sure at all...
    - checkcosmetic.net now tells me that my 2008 is a 2018. This 10yr loop/cycle occurs with other houses with this site as well, so perhaps it's possible they're 2000 and 1998, respectively. I don't know. Hell, it's possibly bad info without throwing an error code for all I know.
    - mandatory ingredients labeling of allergens came about in 2005 and the thresholds are quite low at 10PPM for any of the notorious 26 allergens. I have just one of the boxes to my two 50ml bottles and the box is virtually identical to MegaMav's second pic in his post #26 (my code B0283B). I don't know what benzophenone-2 is... whether it is considered an "also-known-as' for one of the well-documented allergens... it didn't come up as an AKA per the literature I'm familiar with. My guess is that a scent like Moschino pH would surely exceed threshold reporting amounts for oak and/or tree moss as well as any number of the other 24 allergens and the required ingredients listing would be much longer. Reason to speculate pre-2005, but I don't know.

Either way, fits my taste to a T. Glad I made the effort.
    Wanna Shop? --> Buzier's Sales

MY TOP SHELF: Azzaro pH, Bel Ami, Blackbird, Blend 30, Cuba, Davidoff '84, Derby, Edition, Equipage, Jules, Knize Ten, Kouros, Leather Oud, Puredistance M, Santal Noble, Tribute Attar, Yatagan
    Currently wearing: Vermeil for Men by Vermeil