Code of Conduct

Default New Haarlem Purchase

Is it safe to buy new Haarlem from fragrancenet? I can save around 100 dollars. If so, why would anyone go through Saks or Bond 9 directly???
    Life is too short to smell ordinary.

Default Re: New Haarlem Purchase

Quote Originally Posted by eyeteach View Post
    why would anyone go through Saks or Bond 9 directly???
    Paranoia. Yes, it's 100% safe to buy from fragrancenet.

Okay...but are they selling older stock?
    Life is too short to smell ordinary.

Okay...but are they selling older stock?
    Most likely, but older stock smells the same as new stock. The grey market bottles that I've bought have been only 1-2 years old.

Is it safe to buy new Haarlem from fragrancenet? I can save around 100 dollars. If so, why would anyone go through Saks or Bond 9 directly???
    It's safe to buy from Fragrancenet. People buy through Saks perhaps because they feel the product is fresher and money is not a big concern for them.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    It's safe to buy from Fragrancenet. People buy through Saks perhaps because they feel the product is fresher and money is not a big concern for them.
    Or because they may think that the online version is fake, or they may not even know to look online.

@OP - I just bought 2 bottles of Creed from Fragrancenet.com and they were both from the end of 2013. I can't guarantee their other stock is that age, but it's not necessarily old just because it's online. Other online websites have 2014 stock of certain Creed's I've looked into (some websites you can call and ask for batch codes).

And yes, they're 100% legit and I've yet to see a single person say they've had a bad bottle or something of that sort.

Fragrancenet is safe. Purchased many fragrances from them in the past few years.

Purchased many fragrances from them as well.

Yes, please buy it but if you're gonna be paranoid then go to the brick n mortar..."Fragrancenet is to legit to quit"
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Or paranoid as I once was...but after empirical test with fragrancenet purchase, saw and was astounded that certain scents at fragrancenet were A bit more potent or in par but nevertheless I still do choose to get some others from brick n mortar , LuckyScents , EBay , raffys etc, because I can, thanks GOD
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Yep, it is safe! I bought mine online from Fragrancenet or Beautyencounter (forgot which one). Yes, they sometimes sell older stock, but not all the time.

I personally purchase quite a few fragrances from Saks if it is a new product I want, because I like the immediate gratification of owning and wearing something, and I also like to support the truly helpful sales associates with a nice commission. In addition, sometimes Saks/Bond 9 runs a buy-2-get-one free promotion that is hard to resist!

You should be fine from Fragrancenet.

I usually purchase my Bond No. 9 scents directly from Bond No. 9 when then have their "buy 2 get 1 free" sales. It lessens the cost, and you still get the juice direct from Bond No. 9... and then they send you the occasional freebie atomizers of something, and you also get 3 free bon bons of your choice when you order direct, etc.

So, Fragrancenet is a good cheap way to go, but you can get close to the same price if you wait for the sales - usually twice / year.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    6. Puredistance - Black
    7. Brückner - Aoud 1
    8. Neela Vermeire - Trayee
    9. Creed - Royal Oud
    10. Chanel - Egoiste

You should be fine on fragrancenet.

Basenotes Junkie

Their fragrances are definitely real and legit. They could be store returns though. It is not unheard of for fragrancenet to send open box items. So yeah.. there is that. Good thing is that New Haarlem is a transparent bottle so you will see if any juice is missing (mine was 50 ml Bleecker so I am in the dark as to how much juice was gone)

I won't buy from fragrancenet anymore because when you buy from that site, it signs you up for magazine subscriptions without your knowledge or consent. The subscriptions are supposed to be "free gifts," but I have found it no small feat to get the subscriptions canceled.

I have had no problems with the fragrances I bought from fragrancenet, but I will keep bringing the magazine issue up because I think it's a shoddy business practice to give your information to other parties for magazine subscriptions or anything else.

Basenotes Plus

I wouldn't say paranoia, but I feel safe buyin directly from the source. Also, I think if money were an issue to the point where I'm looking to save $100 bucks on a $240 fragrance, it may be time to slow down on purchasing fragrances for a while.
    Seasonal rotation:

Original Santal
    Dior Homme
    Ambre Topkapi
    Rose 31
    Green Irish Tweed

Quote Originally Posted by buzzley View Post
    I won't buy from fragrancenet anymore because when you buy from that site, it signs you up for magazine subscriptions without your knowledge or consent. The subscriptions are supposed to be "free gifts," but I have found it no small feat to get the subscriptions canceled.

I have had no problems with the fragrances I bought from fragrancenet, but I will keep bringing the magazine issue up because I think it's a shoddy business practice to give your information to other parties for magazine subscriptions or anything else.
    I agree completely. I'm really bothered by the magazine signup garbage. I trust Fragrancenet not to sell me fakes, but their business practices are becoming shady. I don't approve of that and I intend to vote with my wallet. Fragrancenet was my preference for buying. Now, it's one of the last on my list. I haven't tried ordering over the phone to see about not getting auto-subscribed to anything, but I will try that next time, if I buy from them again.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Basenotes Member

Ordered mine from there last year. Smells as fresh as it can come.
    Current Top 7:
    1. Dior Fahrenheit
    2. Dior Homme Intense
    3. Creed GIT
    4. Bond. 9 New Harlem
    5. Gucci Envy
    6. Pure Havane
    7. Pure Malt

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    I agree completely. I'm really bothered by the magazine signup garbage. I trust Fragrancenet not to sell me fakes, but their business practices are becoming shady. I don't approve of that and I intend to vote with my wallet. Fragrancenet was my preference for buying. Now, it's one of the last on my list. I haven't tried ordering over the phone to see about not getting auto-subscribed to anything, but I will try that next time, if I buy from them again.
    Never had a problem with getting subscribed to magazines before, interesting...
    Current Top 7:
    1. Dior Fahrenheit
    2. Dior Homme Intense
    3. Creed GIT
    4. Bond. 9 New Harlem
    5. Gucci Envy
    6. Pure Havane
    7. Pure Malt

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard View Post
    Never had a problem with getting subscribed to magazines before, interesting...
    I think it's a relatively new thing they're doing. I've had it happen twice, each for a different magazine. Both times, I got in touch with the magazine subscription people to cancel. It's a scam. I have to assume Fragrancnet is selling customer info (I can't imagine that they'd provide it for free). The question is: Is fragrancenet only providing customer names and addresses, or are they providing customer credit card info as well? Either way, I think it's a very big deal.

Basenotes Junkie

Oh, so that is why I am getting some stupid magazine every month! I had no idea how the hell it had my name and address on it. Its not like one of those "Or current resident" things, it is addressed to me specifically... I have 0 subscriptions to anything at all, so this was a mystery to me until now. This is BS!!

JimmyP: Exactly. The question is, will you get billed when the free trial period ends, or do the magazines simply stop arriving? I don't know. And how much of your info did Fragrancenet sell? Just your name and address, or some of your billing info too?

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    JimmyP: Exactly. The question is, will you get billed when the free trial period ends, or do the magazines simply stop arriving? I don't know. And how much of your info did Fragrancenet sell? Just your name and address, or some of your billing info too?
    Yes, this is most certainly messed up.

Well, if it comes to illegal billing at least we will all know who to go after with a class action lawsuit

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyP View Post
    Yes, this is most certainly messed up.

Well, if it comes to illegal billing at least we will all know who to go after with a class action lawsuit
    I've never been billed for any magazines as a result of having ordered from fragrancenet. Here's links to previous discussions about the magazines:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/372...light=magazine
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/303...s-frags-online

I've learned to adjust to the horror of my postal carriers thinking I actually read Cosmopolitan magazine.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by socalwoman View Post
    i've learned to adjust to the horror of my postal carriers thinking i actually read cosmopolitan magazine.
    lol )))

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by buzzley View Post

Thanks for posting this. Now I know why I've been getting magazines I didn't order.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyP View Post
    Oh, so that is why I am getting some stupid magazine every month! I had no idea how the hell it had my name and address on it. Its not like one of those "Or current resident" things, it is addressed to me specifically... I have 0 subscriptions to anything at all, so this was a mystery to me until now. This is BS!!
    OMG! Maybe this is why I received Martha Stewart's Living magazine every month about 2 years ago. I thought it was a friend playing a joke (JOKES on them because I love cooking and baking) so I never cancelled it. I never received a bill for it either.

Not much I can add except that I bought New Haarlem from them and it is just fine.