Code of Conduct

Default Niche retailers in North Carolina?

Hi everyone! I live in Raleigh, and the only place to go smell and try niche fragrances in the "Triangle" area (Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill) is Saks Fifth Ave. in Raleigh. They have a decent selection of Tom Ford Private Blends and a lot of Bond No. 9, along with pretty much all of the most popular Creeds (GIT, MI, Aventus, VIW, etc.). As far as I know, they do not carry By Killian, Serge Lutens, Xerjoff, or products from quite a few other notable niche houses. There is a Nordstrom in Durham, but they carry only designer frags for men. Does anyone know if there is a better place in Greensboro, Winston-Salem, or Charlotte to go try out niche fragrances?

Default Re: Niche retailers in North Carolina?

Bumping this post - I'm going to Raleigh this weekend and would love some leads on niche and indie scent finds! Or if these don't exist at least the best spots for harder to find designer frags.

Default Re: Niche retailers in North Carolina?

I didn't find any good retailers, but I did discover a spot called "Escentuelle Signature Fragrance Creation." The owner Carolyn takes appointments to help you blend your own fragrance using oils from Galimard in France. She also sells a few of her own compositions. I wondered if this was going to be a gimicky tourist flourish from France transplanted to North Carolina, and left still feeling agnostic on that point. Regardless, I enjoyed myself and got to take home a bottle of custom fragrance, impressed that I didn't cook up a total disaster!

http://escentuelle.com/