Code of Conduct

Default Anyone successfully order Creeds on Amazon?

Seems like a risky gamble. Either ends up being totally worth it, or a pricey mistake.

Default Re: Anyone successfully order Creeds on Amazon?

Yes - 'Sold by and shipped from Amazon' is not a risky gamble. This question has been asked many times, why not try the search function before making another thread?

Have without any problems.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    Yes - 'Sold by and shipped from Amazon' is not a risky gamble. This question has been asked many times, why not try the search function before making another thread?
    I did actually. Nothing jumped out. Thanks for the response.

I've gotten two bottles of GIT, and one bottle of Aventus, all grey market, and all smelled great. The serial numbers had been scratched off the bottom, but when I tilt the bottle, the shadow of the number is still there. Would/will order again. Also Amazon's "return" policy is as good as it gets.
    Current favorites:
    1. Invasion Barbare by MDCI
    2. M by Puredistance
    3. Epic Man by Amouage
    4. Jeke by Slumberhouse
    5. Hard Leather by LM Parfums
    6. Portrait of a Lady by Frederic Malle
    7. Tribute Attar by Amouage

Quote Originally Posted by rouj View Post
    I've gotten two bottles of GIT, and one bottle of Aventus, all grey market, and all smelled great. The serial numbers had been scratched off the bottom, but when I tilt the bottle, the shadow of the number is still there. Would/will order again. Also Amazon's "return" policy is as good as it gets.
    Green Irish Tweed is what I'm wanting. Though I thought they didn't allow returns of cologne because of the alcohol?

Quote Originally Posted by dfranz View Post
    I did actually. Nothing jumped out. Thanks for the response.
    For future reference, search Basenotes via Google rather than BN's search function. You'll get more accurate search results that way. For example:

Sold by Amazon trustworthy?
    Thread: Creed fragrance on Amazon sold by Amazon authentic ...
    Basenotes - Creed through Amazon

Quote Originally Posted by caferacer View Post
    For future reference, search Basenotes via Google rather than BN's search function. You'll get more accurate search results that way. For example:

Sold by Amazon trustworthy?
    Thread: Creed fragrance on Amazon sold by Amazon authentic ...
    Basenotes - Creed through Amazon

Solid advice for almost any site out there. Also remember that you can write a query like site:basenotes.com creed amazon to limit it to that site only.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladdypwnz View Post
    Solid advice for almost any site out there. Also remember that you can write a query like site:basenotes.com creed amazon to limit it to that site only.
    Thanks for the heads up. I very much appreciate that.

The only seller I would trust on amazon is LUCKYSCENT....not even shipped and sold by Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by thatmakesscents View Post
    The only seller I would trust on amazon is LUCKYSCENT....not even shipped and sold by Amazon.
    Why?

I bought a bottle of Royal Oud on Amazon and there was a problem, but the way Amazon handled it after I called gave me great faith in them, and I've bought more fragrances there. Zero regrets.

Basically, I was sold a new bottle but received a tester, which means I didn't get a box or a cap. I called Amazon and they put me in touch with the original seller. The seller offered a return for a full refund. I asked about a partial refund if I wanted to keep the bottle. The seller agreed and refunded $40 immediately on my credit card. The entire issue was wrapped up over email within a few hours of when I received the bottle in the mail.

The thing you have to keep in mind when ordering fragrances from an online retailer that sells a LOT more than just fragrances is this: if there's a problem, the person you'll end up talking to on the phone will probably have zero knowledge about fragrances, so you'll have to do a bit of explaining to help them understand what you're talking about. Like I said though, my experiences with Amazon have been mostly trouble free, and the one time there was a problem, Amazon did a great job remedying the situation, as did the seller.

Edited to add: I've also bought Creeds from Fragrancenet and Lily Direct without any problems at all, except for Fragrancenet's terribly slow shipping... but, hey, I'll take slow shipping if I'm saving enough to make it worth the wait.
    Last edited by L'Homme Blanc Individuel; 28th July 2014 at 01:16 AM.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

I was going to purchase some Armani , Creed, and TdH from Amazon. Then I looked at the reviews. Page after page of complaints about watered down, stale, or counterfeit products. Although Amazon is legit, they maybe getting product from shady vendors that make me suspect about the authenticity or quality of the product. Maybe they will give you a refund the first time if you have a history with them, but I doubt it the second time around. On a high end fragrance purchase I feel much more confidant getting it from a reliable retailer and paying a little bit more. They will often throw in some gifts, samples, toiletry bag, etc that makes up for the difference. There are already too many threads like "Is my (insert name of cologne) a fake?"

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Why?

Look at Smellyfinger's post.

Quote Originally Posted by SmellyFinger View Post
    I was going to purchase some Armani , Creed, and TdH from Amazon. Then I looked at the reviews. Page after page of complaints about watered down, stale, or counterfeit products. Although Amazon is legit, they maybe getting product from shady vendors that make me suspect about the authenticity or quality of the product. Maybe they will give you a refund the first time if you have a history with them, but I doubt it the second time around. On a high end fragrance purchase I feel much more confidant getting it from a reliable retailer and paying a little bit more. They will often throw in some gifts, samples, toiletry bag, etc that makes up for the difference. There are already too many threads like "Is my (insert name of cologne) a fake?"
    Those comments come from extremely paranoid people. Do you honestly believe that if Amazon, the worlds largest E-commerce company, had mistakenly sold you a fake or watered down (I still don't know what this means) product, that they would refuse to give you a refund? LOL.

I've probably purchased over 100 fragrances online from places like Amazon, eBay, and several online discounters and never had a single fake. I guess I've been lucky.

I can get a 4oz Creed online for around $120, in store they're $330+ tax. For me, some samples and a toiletry bag doesn't make up the difference.

I was going to purchase some Armani , Creed, and TdH from Amazon.
    Unless you've ACTUALLY purchased from (insert online discounter here) and had a bad experience, then you should refrain from posting in these types of threads. It does not accomplish anything other than fear mongering and further the spread of misinformation. THIS is the reason for all the 'is my (blah blah blah) fake' threads - not because of actual, realized problems.

Those comments come from extremely paranoid people. Do you honestly believe that if Amazon, the worlds largest E-commerce company, had mistakenly sold you a fake or watered down (I still don't know what this means) product, that they would refuse to give you a refund? LOL.

I've probably purchased over 100 fragrances online from places like Amazon, eBay, and several online discounters and never had a single fake. I guess I've been lucky.

I can get a 4oz Creed online for around $120, in store they're $330+ tax. For me, some samples and a toiletry bag doesn't make up the difference.
    Thats not what I said. Amazon is a top notch company and I never had a problem with THEM. However, they source products from many vendors who may not meet those same high standards. If you have a problem with an order, Amazon will usually stand behind it and make good on it. I am not sure how many times they will will issue refunds on fragrance purchases. I doubt everyone who makes these comments are "paranoid". Are all the Creed issues here simply paranoia. Maybe, maybe not. And some people on Amazon may be paranoid, or have buyers remorse, or maybe they actually got a bad product. It happens. Here's a link. The first 8 people claim the armani's are fake. I doubt they are all paranoid.

http://www.amazon.com/Acqua-Giorgio-...owViewpoints=1

Unless you've ACTUALLY purchased from (insert online discounter here) and had a bad experience, then you should refrain from posting in these types of threads. It does not accomplish anything other than fear mongering and further the spread of misinformation. THIS is the reason for all the 'is my (blah blah blah) fake' threads - not because of actual, realized problems.
    Thanks for your unsolicited advice. I'll decide what threads that I will post in and not you. Good day.
    Last edited by SmellyFinger; 28th July 2014 at 03:58 AM.

Those comments come from extremely paranoid people.
    Fragrancenet is legit. However, I don't think it's fair to say that the negative comments on Amazon are from "extremely paranoid people." How exactly would you know what their experience has been? Please don't say it's because YOU got great Creeds from Amazon. If that's true, great, but it's definitely a gamble with grey market Creeds from massive warehouses like Amazon. There's a possibility that some customers had an awful experience buying, while others made out OK. True you can return it or exchange it, but that's not exactly an ideal outcome. The best scenario is being 100% sure the product you'll receive is legit and fresh. Judging from some of the comments, I'd say that kind of certainty isn't possible. So I'd say trust a more reputable site like fragrancenet. Proceed with some caution with Amazon. You may get lucky, or you may be less than thrilled with what you end up with.

Quote Originally Posted by HankHarvey View Post
    Fragrancenet is legit. However, I don't think it's fair to say that the negative comments on Amazon are from "extremely paranoid people." How exactly would you know what their experience has been? Please don't say it's because YOU got great Creeds from Amazon. If that's true, great, but it's definitely a gamble with grey market Creeds from massive warehouses like Amazon. There's a possibility that some customers had an awful experience buying, while others made out OK. True you can return it or exchange it, but that's not exactly an ideal outcome. The best scenario is being 100% sure the product you'll receive is legit and fresh. Judging from some of the comments, I'd say that kind of certainty isn't possible. So I'd say trust a more reputable site like fragrancenet. Proceed with some caution with Amazon. You may get lucky, or you may be less than thrilled with what you end up with.
    +1. Well said Hank.

+1. Well said Hank.
    Thanks

Thanks for your unsolicited advice. I'll decide what threads that I will post in and not you. Good day.
    Cool but that didn't address my point at all. You have ZERO experience ordering fragrances from Amazon, so why would you try to influence someone else's decision? Just because you want to spend more money doesn't mean you should fear monger other people to do the same. Continue with the blind leading the blind if you feel it adds any value to the forum. Good day.

see this post from Shaheen from the other Amazon thread in the Internet Shopping forum:

Quote Originally Posted by Shaheen View Post
    I agree. As long as Amazon.com is the SELLER, you will be fine.

Regarding the product reviews, I believe these often get lumped together based on the product, and not the individual seller. For example (hypothetically), Amazon lists the product Mugler Cologne. When you click on the product, you see that it's sold by Amazon.com as well as 5 third-party sellers. All reviews are lumped together, so some people are stating it's 100% genuine, while others are complaining about fakes and poor quality. I have seen lumped together reviews like this for many, many products.

Again, Amazon.com as a seller is 100% legit.

Cool but that didn't address my point at all. You have ZERO experience ordering fragrances from Amazon, so why would you try to influence someone else's decision? Just because you want to spend more money doesn't mean you should fear monger other people to do the same. Continue with the blind leading the blind if you feel it adds any value to the forum. Good day.
    WTF are you talking about? I'm not trying to influence anyone's opinion or fear monger. I said I was considering a purchase until I read all of the negative reviews. I made a decision for me and not anyone else. OP can buy from whomever he wants and you can value to the forum by.........

Sounds like Shaheen's belief is just that - a belief. Which is just fine.

Sounds like Shaheen's belief is just that - a belief. Which is just fine.
    It's not 'just a belief', it's a fact. The reviews DO all get lumped together. Sure, there are people who will specify where they got it, but they definitely all get lumped together.

WTF are you talking about? I'm not trying to influence anyone's opinion or fear monger. I said I was considering a purchase until I read all of the negative reviews. I made a decision for me and not anyone else. OP can buy from whomever he wants and you can value to the forum by.........
    It may not be your intention, but that is what you are doing. All I see from you in this thread are a bunch of baseless assumptions. I could not care less who you order from, but my point is you are in no place to judge a site/business if you haven't used them yourself. I try to add value to the forum by saving people money. In my time here, I have yet to see anyone on basenotes actually post a pic of a fake received from amazon.

It's not 'just a belief', it's a fact. The reviews DO all get lumped together. Sure, there are people who will specify where they got it, but they definitely all get lumped together.
    He said it's his belief. I tend to think that's all it is. There's no way to prove it's a fact, so speculation it remains.

Thats not what I said. Amazon is a top notch company and I never had a problem with THEM. However, they source products from many vendors who may not meet those same high standards. If you have a problem with an order, Amazon will usually stand behind it and make good on it. I am not sure how many times they will will issue refunds on fragrance purchases. I doubt everyone who makes these comments are "paranoid". Are all the Creed issues here simply paranoia. Maybe, maybe not. And some people on Amazon may be paranoid, or have buyers remorse, or maybe they actually got a bad product. It happens. Here's a link. The first 8 people claim the armani's are fake. I doubt they are all paranoid.

http://www.amazon.com/Acqua-Giorgio-...owViewpoints=1

Perhaps I should have said those comments come MOSTLY from paranoid people. I was speaking only to products sold by Amazon anyways. If Amazon sells you a fake fragrance, you can always get a refund. Once you spend some time here on BN, you'll find that there is a huge amount of unwarranted paranoia of fake fragrances. Hank Harvey says fragrancenet is legit, well take a look at their eBay feedback. They have hundreds of negative feedbacks, many of which are claims of fakes. Of course a very very small percentage may be truthful, but the vast majority of these people are either paranoid, or scammers. On the odd chance that they did receive a fake, they can get a full refund.
    Last edited by JiveHippo; 28th July 2014 at 04:33 AM.

He said it's his belief. I tend to think that's all it is. There's no way to prove it's a fact, so speculation it remains.
    Are you serious or arguing just to argue? Go look at any product's reviews on Amazon (not just fragrances). They are not differentiated by seller UNLESS THE REVIEWER SPECIFIES IT. This is not up for debate - it's a fact.
    Last edited by mjones602; 28th July 2014 at 04:35 AM.

Perhaps I should have said those comments come MOSTLY from paranoid people. I was speaking only to products sold by Amazon anyways. If Amazon sells you a fake fragrance, you can always get a refund. Once you spend some time here on BN, you'll find that there is a huge amount of unwarranted paranoia of fake fragrances. Hank Harvey says fragrancenet is legit, well take a look at their eBay feedback. They have hundreds of negative feedbacks, many of which are claims of fakes. Of course a very very small percentage may be truthful, but the vast majority of these people are either paranoid, or scammers. On the odd chance that they did receive a fake, they can get a full refund.
    All I'm saying is that the majority of sales are likely fine, but it's not 100% guaranteed customer satisfaction from a company that is the 21st century Sears Roebuck like Amazon. They sell literally everything, not just perfumes. Perfumes aren't their business, unlike Fragrancenet, which relies entirely on their reputation as purveyors of fragrance - which is why I would trust them over Amazon with Creed.
    Last edited by HankHarvey; 28th July 2014 at 04:38 AM.

All I'm saying is that the majority of sales are likely fine, but it's not 100% guaranteed customer satisfaction from a company that is the 21st century Sears Roebuck like Amazon. They sell literally everything, not just perfumes. Perfumes aren't their business, unlike Fragrancenet, which relies entirely on their reputation as purveyors of fragrance for their reputation - which is why I would trust them over Amazon with Creed.
    You do realize that most (if not all) of Amazon's Creed is drop-shipped from fragrancenet, right?

It may not be your intention, but that is what you are doing. All I see from you in this thread are a bunch of baseless assumptions.
    No. I said I noticed many negative reviews on Amazon and posted a link to them as an example.

I could not care less who you order from, but my point is you are in no place to judge a site/business if you haven't used them yourself.
    Yes I can. Before I do business with many companies/individuals I will pull BBB reports, trade feedback, AG complaints before I make a buying decision on ABC company. And if someone asked me "Hey SmellFinger (not my real name) is ABC legit". I might share that feedback and respond, "Well the BBB has a dozen complaints on ABC company. So keep that in mind". I am allowed to do that, believe it or not.

I try to add value to the forum by saving people money. In my time here, I have yet to see anyone on basenotes actually post a pic of a fake received from amazon.
    Not everyone who buys fragrances from Amazon is a Basenotes member. It does not invalidate their experiences.
    Last edited by SmellyFinger; 28th July 2014 at 04:42 AM.

This doesn't exactly help your case - a lack of differentiation is less information on who is talking about what on Amazon. The average person is going to look at whatever merchant they want on there, read the reviews on the same page, and judge accordingly. I'm not arguing just to argue, just standing by my position.

You do realize that most (if not all) of Amazon's Creed is drop-shipped from fragrancenet, right?
    And how exactly would you know that?

Wow. Why get so angry that fellow members are watching out for each other's back ?

It seems like you WANT people to risk bad purchases. I've dealt with a number of discounters including Amazon. If you want to point someone in the right direction for a big $ purchase you don't recommend that they buy it on Amazon. If they still want to use Amazon look for fragrances sold by LuckyScent. They have stellar reviews. The fact that they also sell on Amazon is icing on the cake. They are a respectable brick and mortar retailer serving the BN community for years now. I love them !

No savings are worth the hassle of being bummed out or having to alter your day to return an item. Make a wise decision to purchase from a respectable source and it will be a more pleasant shopping experience.

Who the heck wants to turn fragrance shopping into a game of roulette ?

All I'm saying is that the majority of sales are likely fine, but it's not 100% guaranteed customer satisfaction from a company that is the 21st century Sears Roebuck like Amazon. They sell literally everything, not just perfumes. Perfumes aren't their business, unlike Fragrancenet, which relies entirely on their reputation as purveyors of fragrance - which is why I would trust them over Amazon with Creed.
    That's fine. I trust them both equally, and those negative comment don't sway my opinion in the slightest.

That's fine. I trust them both equally, and those negative comment don't sway my opinion in the slightest.
    Your trust in both hopefully remains undaunted.

If Amazon sells you a fake fragrance, you can always get a refund. Once you spend some time here on BN, you'll find that there is a huge amount of unwarranted paranoia of fake fragrances. Hank Harvey says fragrancenet is legit, well take a look at their eBay feedback. They have hundreds of negative feedbacks, many of which are claims of fakes. Of course a very very small percentage may be truthful, but the vast majority of these people are either paranoid, or scammers. On the odd chance that they did receive a fake, they can get a full refund.
    And this is the problem. Lets say you order a Creed at more than $100 and there is an issue. I agree that Amazon will most likely give you a refund (I hope, but dont know) on the 1st one and tell you to keep it, throw it out, take it back, whatever. We all know they are a great company. Now you order TdH parfum at over $100 and its leaking. Lightening has struck twice in a row. Are they gonna hand you over a refund? Or as you said, could they think you are a scammer? What about if you are the unlucky guy from a Bronx Tale and you have 3 problems with high priced fragrance orders. Is Amazon gonna believe you? With Macys, Kohls, Walgreens, or CVS, I can return it at a local store without an issue. I can show them the damage/issue so the scammer issue is a non issue. Again, the issue is less with Amazon and more with their suppliers. So if I'm OP maybe he takes a shot on the first order and he sees what happens. But I would call Amazon to make sure I knew their return policy if there is an issue. Those reviews simply give me pause, indicate a problem, and would lead me to buy from another source. But that is a decision OP will have to make. I am simply sharing my opinion and not fear mongering.
    Last edited by SmellyFinger; 28th July 2014 at 05:07 AM.

And this is the problem. Lets say you order a Creed at more than $100 and there is an issue. I agree that Amazon will most likely give you a refund on the 1st one and tell you to keep it, throw it out, take it back, whatever. We all know they are a great company. Now you order TdH parfum at over $100 and its leaking. Lightening has struck twice in a row. Are they gonna hand you over a refund? Or as you said, could they think you are a scammer? What about if you are the unlucky guy from a Bronx Tale and you have 3 problems with high priced fragrance orders. Is Amazon gonna believe you? With Macys, Lord and Taylor, Nordstroms, Kohls, Walgreens, or CVS, I can return it at a local store without an issue. I can show them the damage/issue so the scammer issue is a non issue. Again, the issue is less with Amazon and more with their suppliers. So if I'm OP maybe he takes a shot on the first order and he sees what happens. But I would call Amazon to make sure I knew their return policy if there is an issue.
    Well, as I said, out of hundreds of online purchases, I've never had a single fake, so I can't say for sure. I'm willing to bet that if you received a defective product from Amazon, you can get a refund rather easily, no matter if it's the first time, or the tenth time.

Btw, feel free to post all the reviews of companies you've actually used, but I would think that posting a link to a bunch of negative reviews on a company that you've never used, and which you have no way of substantiating is frowned upon here.

Well, as I said, out of hundreds of online purchases, I've never had a single fake, so I can't say for sure. I'm willing to bet that if you received a defective product from Amazon, you can get a refund rather easily, no matter if it's the first time, or the tenth time.

Btw, feel free to post all the reviews of companies you've actually used, but I would think that posting a link to a bunch of negative reviews on a company that you've never used, and which you have no way of substantiating is frowned upon here.
    How about the OP contact Amazon and he can ask all the questions he wants on the return policy, get the answers to those questions, and then make an informed decision for himself? And report back here on what he found out.

How about the OP contact Amazon and he can ask all the questions he wants on the return policy, get the answers to those questions, and then make an informed decision for himself? And report back here on what he found out.
    And/or people who actually have experience buying from Amazon can chime in, and everyone else can watch from the sidelines.

Amazon is the largest e-commerce company in the world. They didn't get that way by stealing people's money.

And/or people who actually have experience buying from Amazon can chime in, and everyone else can watch from the sidelines.

Amazon is the largest e-commerce company in the world. They didn't get that way by stealing people's money.
    Uh no. People are free to contribute and give their opinion as they see fit. You and Mr Jones are not the arbitrators of that. I posted a link of customers who claimed that they received fakes and I will feel free to provide any other information as I see fit, regardless if I have or have not made a fragrance purchase with Amazon.

And no one said they are stealing from anyone. Just that there are numerous complaints about fakes and/or bad product by their other customers who did make purchases. And that is relevant to the conversation.

ITT - multiple veterans of the board who have made many purchases through Amazon and fully recommend using them. Then we have 3 posters who have never bought from Amazon and would not recommend using them. Makes sense.

Anyways, I'm done arguing with you. I can't make my point any clearer and anyone who reads this thread can make their purchasing decision based on the above.
    Last edited by mjones602; 28th July 2014 at 05:58 AM.

ITT - multiple veterans of the board who have made many purchases through Amazon and fully recommend using them. Then we have 3 posters who have never bought from Amazon and would not recommend using them. Makes sense.

Anyways, I'm done arguing with you. I can't make my point any clearer and anyone who reads this thread can make their purchasing decision based on the above.
    We are impressed with your high post count and veteran status. Its only surpassed by your ability to dispute points that I never made:

On a high end fragrance purchase I feel much more confidant getting it from a reliable retailer and paying a little bit more. They will often throw in some gifts, samples, toiletry bag, etc that makes up for the difference

Thats not an indictment of Amazon, its a vote of confidence in my local retailer and the service I receive.

Oh god, smelly. I thought you were done. Do as you please, it's your $, not mine. Just keep this in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by socalwoman View Post
    Spreading false rumors about a company or making baseless accusations is not cool and puts basenotes in the position of having provided a platform for vilification/libel.
    Quote Originally Posted by deadidol View Post
    This bears repeating in bold.
    And enjoy your samples, and toiletry bags.
    Last edited by JiveHippo; 28th July 2014 at 06:39 AM.

Hi!

Just moving this to the Shopping section.

Here's a link to the Code of Conduct for those who have not read it yet.
    Please refer to paras # 1.2 & 1.3.
    http://www.basenotes.net/content/92-...ct-for-Members

Thanks.
    Last edited by lpp; 28th July 2014 at 09:15 AM.
    Directory contribution link:-
    http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

I just got off the phone with Amazon customer service, and they have assured me that if there is a problem with an order placed directly with ("sold and ships from Amazon"), they will offer a full refund within 30 days. If it involves a third party seller, they ask that the buyer contact the seller first, and if the seller doesn't issue a refund, Amazon will formally file a grievance/complaint and demand a refund from the seller on the customer's behalf.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned regarding the reviews is the fact that most people simply EXPECT something to be done right. If they order a product and it comes as advertised, very rarely will they take the time to write and praise the item and/or the seller. If, however, the item isn't what they expected, they are quick to be highly vocal and highly critical of it. So of all the complaints you see written in reviews on Amazon, that probably is much closer to everyone experiencing a problem than the contrary (because positive reviews constitute a much, much smaller portion of everyone that is pleased with their order)

And like someone mentioned, reviews for an item are lumped all together, regardless of seller. So if Amazon has had nothing but happy buyers, and 4 of the 5 third party sellers have had nothing but happy buyers, but 1 of the 5 third party buyers had a couple of angry or upset customers, those customers could write negative reviews and affect the overall number of REVIEWS only, not necessarily reflecting how satisfied those who bought from the other 5 sources are. Just something to think about.

Anyway, I've ordered recently through Amazon, and if I need to return this particular item for any reason we'll see how well Amazon's customer service is, and how well they hold true to their word. Hopefully this won't be the case, but you never know. I've already had a bit of a red flag involving the shipping, so we shall see.

I've ordered quite a bit from Amazon, including fragrances. Over the past year or two, in my experience it seems that there have been more mistakes and problems with orders than in the past.
    However, upon contacting them, they have always made things right very quickly. I've found using their email contact to be faster and easier than the chat.
    There seem to be a couple of issues with reviews - as mentioned above. All reviews of a particular item go on the same page, no matter if it was from Amazon or a third party vendor. Unfortunately, reviewers rarely mention who the seller was. Also, a number of fragrances have been changed over the years - if it has been a while since someone has bought a bottle, they may not realize that the official product now is not the same as before.
    I remember looking at the TdH reviews on there a while ago, and it looked like many of the problems were because they serial numbers had been removed. This is certainly not something you would expect when ordering something as "new" if it was not disclosed elsewhere, so I can understand the concern. In the case where there are that many issues with a particular fragrance, I would probably just find it somewhere else for the peace of mind. I don't doubt that Amazon would fix it if I had a problem with it though.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Have without any problems.
    Same here.

Oh god, smelly. I thought you were done. Do as you please, it's your $, not mine. Just keep this in mind.

And enjoy your samples, and toiletry bags.

Thanks. I've always been satisfied with the purchases I have made at the retailers that I do business with. Just keep in mind one thing:

My stating that I was concerned about the poor AMAZON reviews, that AMAZON posts, on the AMAZON site, by AMAZON customers, on products purchased on AMAZON does not constitute "baseless accusations". At least not by me. Take it up with their reviewers. Last time I checked, I can't be sued for not buying products from Amazon or for providing a link to their site.

And as I stated I have bought many other products from Amazon and have been very satisfied. Perhaps you missed or didn't bother to read that point.
    Last edited by SmellyFinger; 28th July 2014 at 07:40 PM.

Could we return to the topic of 'Anyone successfully order Creeds on Amazon' please?

i.e - Those who have done so might share their experience here.

Thanks.
    Directory contribution link:-
    http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

Well it will be here sometime Thursday so we'll see.

Hoping the outcome will turn out to be a positive experience for you.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Best of luck. I have no doubt that it will be authentic and that you will be pleased.

My Creed GIT arrived Monday (through Amazon), and it is the real deal. I took it to Saks Fifth Avenue yesterday to compare the boxes, bottles, and scents (all of which is identical to what they have, and my new bottle took 4 "dry" sprays before any juice came out)....and the Creed rep who has been with them for over 20 years assured me that it's legit and that I have authentic juice. At less than half the price of what Saks sells it for. I'm quite pleased and happy with my GIT ordered through Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan View Post
    Best of luck. I have no doubt that it will be authentic and that you will be pleased.

My Creed GIT arrived Monday (through Amazon), and it is the real deal. I took it to Saks Fifth Avenue yesterday to compare the boxes, bottles, and scents (all of which is identical to what they have, and my new bottle took 4 "dry" sprays before any juice came out)....and the Creed rep who has been with them for over 20 years assured me that it's legit and that I have authentic juice. At less than half the price of what Saks sells it for. I'm quite pleased and happy with my GIT ordered through Amazon.
    I'm very happy to hear that!

Mine just arrived and everything appears to be in order. Box looks legit, bottle looks legit, insert looks legit....no bar code scratched out, smells just as amazing as my old bottle. I'm very happy!