Code of Conduct

Default Regime Des Fleurs

Anyone tried any fragrances from this house yet? Looks like they are a new house, in the luxury category, and per rare reviews that I do see online it seems that they are doing some new things with the use of aroma chemicals. The limited feedback that I do see has been extreemley positive.

Sound Scents

Default Re: Regime Des Fleurs

I just got a couple samples in from them today with my LS order... To say I am unimpressed is putting it mildly after trying both on skin. As an aside while hardly an important factor, I think the bottles look hideous too. Not a fan of the house at all...
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4)
    Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6)
    Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) Polo vintage (Ralph Lauren) - tie
    9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
    9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie

Which 2 did you try?

Sound Scents

Quote Originally Posted by litworth View Post
    Which 2 did you try?
    Water/Wood (which smells horrible -- a bizarre synthetic woody mix that nears scrubber territory)
    Turquoise (a white floral led number that smells alright, but far is from desirable)
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4)
    Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6)
    Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) Polo vintage (Ralph Lauren) - tie
    9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
    9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie

Ok - I just got a sample of what's suppose to be their crown jewel - Nymphaea Caerulea. I think it's an extrait version (better be @ $485 per 8ml). Will report back once I have received and tried it.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Also received samples from LS of Water/Wood, Nitesurf & Dove Grey with a purchase I had made of other items. Agree with my colleague above, drseid, - forgettable IMO.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I agree with the general consensus. These fragrances start off interesting and then 5 minutes later completely collapse into some very forgettable concoctions. I can't believe they are asking $485 for 8ml of the Nymphaea. I've officially seen it all in the fragrance world now, smh. My rating = AVOID.

I just did a 180 on these. I actually like night surf quite a bit and will be picking up a bottle. The Nymphaea is still woefully overpriced, but it is a nice scent. These scents are different in that they are not "weighty", so one may initially conclude that they aren't substantial. They are substantial fragrances with good projection and longevity though, and this becomes apparent with a period of prolonged wear.

Anyone else tried anything from this house and have other thoughts to add? I'm really digging their fragrances (especially the nymphaea, the nits surf and the water/wood). I have never worn any of their fragrances and not been complimented enthusiastically so I know it's not just me. It's even overtaken Aventus in that department. The thing is, I thought I didn't like these at first but it wasn't that I didn't like them, I just didn't "get" them. They are so radically different from fragrance in the classical sense and they are VERY natural smelling and light but ever present. Anyone else liking these as much as I do? They also have a second series being launched in October that is suppose to be more about earth and wood I suppose, where the first series had an aquatic theme. I just ordered a sample pack. Anyone tried the new series yet (Floralia, Fauna, and Freeworld) ?