Code of Conduct

Default "NEW" Chopard Rose Malaki (2014)

In 2012 Chopard launched the fragrance Oud Malaki (Oud Royal), which is characteristic for its oriental-leather composition created by perfumer Dominique Ropion in which oud is enriched with spices, aromatic herbs, tobacco and leather. The Malaki collection adds the new fragrance named Chopard Rose Malaki this year. Its composition was created by perfumer Amandine Clerc-Marie and it provides an oriental-spicy composition in which rose plays the main role.

The composition of Chopard Rose Malaki plays with floral shades joined by spices and woody notes, providing character to this edition. Damascus rose as symbol of love blooms in the heart of the fragrance and provides velvety-dewy petals spiced with saffron. This union leaves a fine velvety effect of soft suede on the skin. Atlas cedar was selected to ensure elegant and deep notes in the base, leaving strong and warm shades on the skin.

The new fragrance Chopard Rose Malaki is available as 80 ml Eau de Parfum. Chopard Rose Malaki was launched in 2014. The nose behind this fragrance is Amandine Marie.

TOP NOTE: Saffron, Cardamom, Papyrus
    HEART NOTE: Rose Absolu, Rose Petal Accord, Smoky Leather
    BASE NOTE: Cedarwood, Patchouli, Vanilla

EDP for Men

Default Re: "NEW" Chopard Rose Malaki (2014)

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Bought this three weeks ago from Chopard in NY off their website. Very nice blend of the oud and rose notes. Recommend it.

http://us.chopard.com/rose-malaki-95201-0384
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

What rose fragrance does it resemble Hednic?

The bottle color and notes vaguely remind me of Oud Ispahan, is there any similarity?

This fragrance supposedly has no oud.
    Last edited by Vinrambo09; 29th July 2014 at 03:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vinramani09 View Post
    What rose fragrance does it resemble Hednic?

The bottle color and notes vaguely remind me of Oud Ispahan, is there any similarity?

This fragrance supposedly has no oud.
    It's a very soft and subtle woody note. The first thing that came into my mind was PdN Rose Oud as I find that soft and subtle also. Also surprised to find out oud wasn't listed in the pyramid. Maybe my nose interpreted the burnt cedar smell as mistaking it for oud, but it's quite gentle and not smoky smelling. I can't remember Oud Ispahan clearly now, so I would have to dig that up from my collection and compare it side by side.
    Last edited by hednic; 29th July 2014 at 03:52 AM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    It's a very soft and subtle woody note. The first thing that came into my mind was PdN Rose Oud as I find that soft and subtle also. Also surprised to find out oud wasn't listed in the pyramid. Maybe my nose interpreted the burnt cedar smell as mistaking it for oud, but it's quite gentle and not smoky smelling. I can't remember Oud Ispahan clearly now, so I would have to dig that up from my collection and compare it side by side.
    Would you recommend ST Dupont's Rose et Oud or this? Which is stronger ?

Quote Originally Posted by vinramani09 View Post
    Would you recommend ST Dupont's Rose et Oud or this? Which is stronger ?
    Of the two IMO ST Dupont's Rose et Oud is stronger

Haven't seen much posted about this fragrance... actually, hardly much is said about Chopard's fragrances compared to other designers. Even with Oud Malaki having been crafted by the notable Dominique Ropion, hardly anything said. Is it simply because it's not distributed very widely?

Admittedly, the Noble line never really garnered much fanfare... with the Vetiver and Cedar fragrances. MSRP was $90 and eventually plummeted down to as low as $25 for the 80ml size on Fragrancenet. I expect the Malaki line won't do that, due to the "oud" ingredient... and perhaps Chopard adjusted production to minimize discounting. How long was it following the initial release before the Noble line slipped below $30 through discount channels?

Quote Originally Posted by cytherian View Post
    How long was it following the initial release before the Noble line slipped below $30 through discount channels?
    i would guess a bit over a year. I don't think the first two were great commercial successes, at least not what the company had hoped although I like both personally.

Sounds good, but blind bought Oud Malaki and I'm very disappointed with it's performance. I won't blind this, just in case.
    ... And do me a favor - don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired.

Welcome to the Bwahahaha! era...

TUM TUM PISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!