Code of Conduct
    dfranz

Default Gucci Pour Homme II "clicked" for me today

I've always liked it, but never quite understood why it gets quite as much love as it does.

Today it is rainy and out-of-season cool so I decided to wear it for the first time in several months. Not sure what has changed but I absolutely love it this time around. Seems like every time I inhale, something different jumps out at me, and it's just so danged enjoyable. It's made it very difficult to focus on my actual work.

Now I can't wait for it to cool down permanently so I can enjoy this more often. Pretty sure I just picked my daily scent for autumn!

dfranz

Default Re: Gucci Pour Homme II "clicked" for me today

Quote Originally Posted by dfranz View Post
    I've always liked it, but never quite understood why it gets quite as much love as it does.

Today it is rainy and out-of-season cool so I decided to wear it for the first time in several months. Not sure what has changed but I absolutely love it this time around. Seems like every time I inhale, something different jumps out at me, and it's just so danged enjoyable. It's made it very difficult to focus on my actual work.

Now I can't wait for it to cool down permanently so I can enjoy this more often. Pretty sure I just picked my daily scent for autumn!
    Today is also apparently a really good hair day. So I'm feeling flat out dangerous!

Glad it works for you, it's a great unequal tea based scent.

Great fragrance. Glad to have 2 back-up bottles.

Yep! I love this one too - including backup... Just in case. And despite many people saying it doesn't last, it lasts quite a long time on me!
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    4. by Kilian - Incense Oud
    5. Puredistance - Black
    6. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    7. Armani Privé - Oud Royal
    8. Brückner - Aoud 1
    9. Creed - Royal English Leather
    10. House of Matriarch - Blackbird

dfranz

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    Yep! I love this one too - including backup... Just in case. And despite many people saying it doesn't last, it lasts quite a long time on me!
    Same here. I've now had it on for almost 6 hours and it seems just as strong as when first applied. Still liking it more and more!

Quote Originally Posted by dfranz View Post
    Today is also apparently a really good hair day. So I'm feeling flat out dangerous!
    I don't know why that made me laugh, but it did. Yay for you, sir!

Gucci Pour Homme II is a strange one, in a good way. It's not one of my most complimented scents, but it's the one I've been asked to wear next time by women after they smelled through my collection. Interestingly, even then, it wasn't always their favorite, but it was the one they wanted me to wear on our next date. I have yet to meet anyone who doesn't like it when I wear it.

To me, GphII smells like a charming and thoughtful scent.

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    Absolutely! I get around 10 hours from 3 or 4 sprays.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

This scent always comes through for me consistently.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

OP, I had the exact same reaction to GPH2. I disliked the scent immensely when I first purchased it, returned it, then bought a decant. Ever since I bought the decant I couldn't stop wearing it for some reason. One of my personal favorites.

I'm also glad I have a back up bottle. It's such an calming scent. Although it doesn't have great projection, the longevity is 6-8 hours on my skin every time.

Basenotes Junkie

One of my all time favorites too! I also noticed that it does not perform as well and muddles in high humidity. GPH2 shows its best facets in the cool, drier air. So I totally see where you're coming from.

Gucci Pour Homme 2 is my go-to scent when I'm hungover, everything else seems to irritate my worried mind and soul:-) The problem is, I can't wear it on any other occasion because of bad association:-)

always a sure shot!

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyP View Post
    One of my all time favorites too! I also noticed that it does not perform as well and muddles in high humidity. GPH2 shows its best facets in the cool, drier air. So I totally see where you're coming from.
    Interesting! I'm going to have to pay attention to that. I haven't noticed humidity being much of a factor for GphII, but I know exactly what you mean because I experience it in a big way with Varvatos Original and Vintage. I love Varvatos Vintage, but if I wear it on a dry day, it seems to quickly become a skin scent. If I wear it on a cool but humid day - a rainy spring day for example - it'll easily last 8 to 10 hours on my skin if not more, and it projects nicely. Usually, humidity helps a fragrance to last longer because dry air is more able to absorb moisture, which includes fragrances and of course sweat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mancio82 View Post
    Gucci Pour Homme 2 is my go-to scent when I'm hungover, everything else seems to irritate my worried mind and soul:-) The problem is, I can't wear it on any other occasion because of bad association:-)
    That's hilarious!!!

Basenotes Plus

I had been on the fence about GPH2 for a while. This thread motivated me to order it yesterday, and I'm glad I did! Have had it on my wrist for a couple hours and it's great. This will definitely be in my fall rotation.

Man, this stuff is so good! It's definitely one of my favorite tea based fragrances. I was initially getting horrible longevity out of GPH II until I realized each spray from my bottle releases about 2/3 less juice than most of my other bottles. Once I compensated for that with extra sprays, both longevity and projection improved dramatically for me.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Interesting! I'm going to have to pay attention to that. I haven't noticed humidity being much of a factor for GphII, but I know exactly what you mean because I experience it in a big way with Varvatos Original and Vintage. I love Varvatos Vintage, but if I wear it on a dry day, it seems to quickly become a skin scent. If I wear it on a cool but humid day - a rainy spring day for example - it'll easily last 8 to 10 hours on my skin if not more, and it projects nicely. Usually, humidity helps a fragrance to last longer because dry air is more able to absorb moisture, which includes fragrances and of course sweat.
    Yeah, pretty strange. While skin warming up does help with projection, the higher humidity somehow makes this scent a bit of a mish-mash for me.. Just my experience though. I feel like on drier days it sounds more... cohesive, if that makes sense

dfranz

Quote Originally Posted by caferacer View Post
    Man, this stuff is so good! It's definitely one of my favorite tea based fragrances. I was initially getting horrible longevity out of GPH II until I realized each spray from my bottle releases about 2/3 less juice than most of my other bottles. Once I compensated for that with extra sprays, both longevity and projection improved dramatically for me.
    Fragrances are so strange... I feel like I get poor results with some that people claim are longevity and silliage monsters, but this one...one spray to my neck, and to my chest and one to a wrist that I then rub against the other, all under my shirt, and it lasts and projects all day long.

dfranz

Quote Originally Posted by sdotlow View Post
    I had been on the fence about GPH2 for a while. This thread motivated me to order it yesterday, and I'm glad I did! Have had it on my wrist for a couple hours and it's great. This will definitely be in my fall rotation.
    That's great! It's an enjoyable one for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyP View Post
    Yeah, pretty strange. While skin warming up does help with projection, the higher humidity somehow makes this scent a bit of a mish-mash for me.. Just my experience though. I feel like on drier days it sounds more... cohesive, if that makes sense
    Actually, that makes sense. GphII isn't a particularly dry scent. It has a bit of a... uhm... a moistness to it? I'm not sure how to say it, exactly, but it has a watery aspect to it that could be gummy in a combination of heat and humidity. Where I live, we tend to get one or the other... hot days tend to be very dry and cool days tend to be humid, so I've never had a problem with GphII... but I could see it being an issue for someone in an opposite kind of climate.

Off topic tangent: I LOVE the bottles for Gph I and II. I really wish they'd made a Gph III. Red juice with a silver cap would have looked awesome. Gph I and II are proof that there's no excuse for an ugly bottle!!!

dfranz

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Off topic tangent: I LOVE the bottles for Gph I and II. I really wish they'd made a Gph III. Red juice with a silver cap would have looked awesome. Gph I and II are proof that there's no excuse for an ugly bottle!!!
    Couldn't agree more. I love the bottle on this one; totally adds to the "sexy."