Code of Conduct

Default Smells like Greece

Hi Guys/Gals, I'm absolutely green at this so please bare with me!

I asked my fiancée yesterday what she'd love to smell like. And she replied 'like Kos' (The Greek Island) Now I've done some research on what Kos/Greece smells like, and come up with this:

Fig, Jasmine, Mirabilis, Melon, Earth, Sea Salt

Can anyone see how to help me here? I've got the basic knack of how to ACTUALLY make the stuff, but can anyone think of a good mix of scents for Kos/Greece?

Jason
    Last edited by JasonAnt; 30th July 2014 at 05:29 PM.

Default Re: Smells like Greece

Welcome!

Perfumeshrine, the perfume blog by the very greek Elena V, talks now and then about the smell of Greek islands. One perfume she mentions is Diptyque Philosykos (which is indeed fig), another is Malle Lys mediterranee (salty, beachy lily).

I have no idea on how to replicate them though.

cacio

Perhaps Sunset Over Santorini by Parfumerie Naturelle might come close. Different isle but same vibe, or Jardin de Kerylos by PG. By the way, welcome to you!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

According to diptyque L'Eau Trois uses notes that were harvested from Greece. I'm not sure how similar it smells to Greece, but you could always give it a shot

I just spoke to her grandma and fig, honey, jasmine are some of the scents she mentioned.
    I'll have a look at the perfumes you've mentioned see if it's something I can replicate and change to her tastes.

I'll have to be careful in what I make though. She hated Agent Provocateur L'Agent that I bought her but loves Charlie by Morgan?!
    Guess I need something less musky than AP!

This'll be my first scent so I'll let you know how it goes. No doubt I'll ask more questions if I can't find a thread with the answer!

Basenotes Plus

Suggest asking in the DIY forum if you have any specific issues.
    Directory contribution link:-
    http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

... maybe something like REM (Reminiscence) for the salty note + a figure note like Philosykos (Diptyque) or L'Artisan's Premier Figuer? The result should be fresh, herbaceous and "Mediterranean"!

Quote Originally Posted by BergamottoeBenzoino View Post
    ... maybe something like REM (Reminiscence) for the salty note + a figure note like Philosykos (Diptyque) or L'Artisan's Premier Figuer? The result should be fresh, herbaceous and "Mediterranean"!
    Thanks!

I'm just going to list what I'm going to put in it and ask the DIY forum if they THINK it'll work!

Thanks for all the help!

If I think of the typical smell of Kos, I see myself walking to the Asklepieion and smell aromatic cypresses mixed with all kinds of wild growing herbs.

Eau Belle D'Azzaro for women IMO comes closest to this perfume. Although it's been most likely discontinued, you can still find it in the bay.

Edit

Eau Belle is available again momentarily. I don't know where you are located JasonAnt. From Douglas/ Germany it can be ordered online at €29,90/ 50ml for a limited time.
    Last edited by Puma; 31st July 2014 at 02:14 PM.

Mugler Womanity may fit the bill. Very figgy and salty.