Code of Conduct

Default Tobacco Vanille vs Ambre Narguile

The Hermes or the Tom Ford? I am working on building up my fall/winter staple of scents while trying not spend too much.

Default Re: Tobacco Vanille vs Ambre Narguile

Tough choice! I own both, and think it is worth owning both. The performance of TV is legendary (almost to the point of cloying), but I can't complain about AN either. The Hermes is more complex (and it's my preference), but my wife adores TV. You might be able to get a better deal in TV from an online discounter or split, but eBay might be a good place to start as well. If you can afford it, I'd say go with TV, but either way, you can't make a bad choice. Both are decadent and great for the upcoming fall and winter holidays.

It's no contest. Go with Ambre Narguile.
    It's clearly the superior fragrance.

TV starts out great, but ends in a boring, synthetic, cloying mess.
    A radioactive vanilla candle!
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

As BRM85282 also mentioned, this is a tough choice. Both are really good fragrances and not really comparable. However, if I had to choose amongst the two, I'd go with Ambre Narguile. Just because it's more wearable/versatile. It's lighter and easier to wear than TV. I can pretty much only wear TV in cold weather, but AN can be worn any time.

Also, in my opinion, AN is more unique than TV. I really like TV, but there are some other fragrances that come close in smelling like it.

Definitely the Hermes
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM85282 View Post
    Tough choice! I own both, and think it is worth owning both. The performance of TV is legendary (almost to the point of cloying), but I can't complain about AN either. The Hermes is more complex (and it's my preference), but my wife adores TV. You might be able to get a better deal in TV from an online discounter or split, but eBay might be a good place to start as well. If you can afford it, I'd say go with TV, but either way, you can't make a bad choice. Both are decadent and great for the upcoming fall and winter holidays.
    This for me too. Although personally I give the edge to TV, I'll probably get more use out of the Hermes because I wear TV so little.

I own both and this is a tough choice

My gut tells me you should go for TV

I could be wrong though

Tobacco Vanille for me; I didn't like Amber Narguile in the slightest. Both definitely have that "Yankee Candle" aesthetic. But, I can appreciate the opening of TV and the dry down isn't quite as bad as I last remember it having worn it yesterday after a year lay off.
    Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project.

*** NEW Lavhim (Lavender, Incense, Candle Wax, Clove, Fir Needles, Cognac & Green Leaves)*** / Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture.)

Neither get Chergui by Sergei Lutens way less expensive and way better IMHO to TV but AN has that home made Apple vibe which is nice if that's your thing.
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Basenotes Institution

Ambre Narguile
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

I would take Back to Black By Kilian over both.

Quote Originally Posted by magnus611 View Post
    Neither get Chergui by Sergei Lutens way less expensive and way better IMHO to TV...
    Agreed.

Nu Be Helium. Smells exactly like Ambre Narguile, but much cheaper (in price not smell).

Quote Originally Posted by magnus611 View Post
    Neither get Chergui by Sergei Lutens way less expensive and way better IMHO to TV but AN has that home made Apple vibe which is nice if that's your thing.
    This would be my close second after TV. Chergui is an amazing scent, and one of my personal favorites. The tobacco, honey, and (to my nose)cinnamon notes that I get from it are near perfection.
    Top 10:
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Creed Himalaya
    Creed Silver Mountain Water
    Creed Royal Oud
    Tom Ford Tuscan Leather
    Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille
    Tom Ford Italian Cypress
    Bleu de Chanel
    Serge Lutens Chergui
    Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense

Ambre Narguilé for me. TV beats AN in performance, no comparison, but that´s just it. A very nice scent, but Ambre Narguillé is even better!

Just got my sample of the Hermes. Instantly loved it. Go with the Hermes.

Ambre Narguile

Tobacco Vanille. Then, after that, do this:

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Nu Be Helium. Smells exactly like Ambre Narguile, but much cheaper (in price not smell).
    Exactly. Actually, I think it smells a little better than AN - seems to have a slight masculine edge to it.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    6. Puredistance - Black
    7. Tom Ford - Plum Japonais
    8. Neela Vermeire - Trayee
    9. Creed - Royal Oud
    10. Chanel - Egoiste

My vote goes go TV. NA isn't as versatile IMO and is saved for family gathering occasions where alots of food and festive drinks are present.