Code of Conduct

Default Chanel No 19 Discontinued??

Chanel No 19 EDT is my favourite fragrance of all time, well day time fragrance, Opium is my night #1.

On the Chanel official website and various high-end department store website e.g. Nordstorm, they are only offering the original EDT in 100ml & the EDP in 100ml. Not the usual two sizes of a 50 & 100ml. Does this mean they are starting to phase it out???

The Poudré version is still offered in the two sizes which makes me assume they are going to replace the original with just the Poudré version which would break my heart and mean that I need to stock up big time on the original.

Does anyone have any further information on this? It would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Default Re: Chanel No 19 Discontinued??

I don't have any inside info, but I doubt No 19 is in the process of being discontinued. But size availability varies over time, it's very possible that they decided to sell it only in 50ml bottles in the US.

cacio

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

I seriously doubt it. No.19 is nearly as iconic as No.5 and available in Chanel boutiques for many years.

I can't help just say I've saw just big and little sizes being offered for a while and the fragrances are still alive.
    Last edited by Beck; 2nd August 2014 at 12:01 PM.

Perhaps they, the department stores mention have decided to sell only the 100mls size online.
    DONNA

It's not discontinued, but its availability has been severely curtailed in the USA. Regular Chanel no 19 EdP is not typically sold at most stores in the USA (except some flagship department stores, online, and in duty-free stores) and the parfum is only available in 1/4 oz size (7.5 ml). The EdT is the only one you're likely to find without extensive searching.

It's definitely more available in Europe, but even then, the largest size the parfum comes in is 0.5 oz (15 ml).

I thought Chanel only made their parfums in 15mls sizes now????

I asked in my local House of Fraser yesterday. The SA said they don't actually sell much No19, its not that popular the Poudre more so. But they did have 50mls and 100mls edt and edp on the shelves.
    DONNA

Doubt it, I see it at Sephora, Ulta, various duty free shops around the US, etc... in 50 and 100 ml bottles. Plus, i regularly see the Parfum concentration.