Sand Aoud

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Default Re: SOTD: Thursday, July 31, 2014

Azzaro Pour Homme today
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Basenotes Plus

Hello and best to all. SOTD: What We Do in Paris is Secret.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Hello all. Crabtree & Evelyn Indian Sandalwood.
    DONNA

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone! Trying to cut the humidity today with Parfums de Nicolai's Le Temps d'Une Fete, one of the most gorgeous green fragrances ever! Have a lovely day everyone!

“There is no exquisite beauty… without some strangeness in the proportion.”
    ― Edgar Allan Poe

Blog Entries

Hi all,

l have a couple of days off, & l'm sampling Treazon by Ayala Moriel today.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

TdH, Parfum

Attachment 30091

Thumbs up Re: SOTD: Thursday, July 31, 2014

Le Troisième Homme

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Hey, everyone!

My house was still standing and both the kitchen and dining room were in better shape when I got home than when I'd left for work yesterday morning, and the pack of teens left only a few stray towels and linens (and one pair of shoes!),so I'm a happy camper.

I'm an even happier camper because I looked through the "Hermes section" of my collection, and discovered that I was not imagining things, and my FB of Hermes Vetiver Tonka was tucked in there and I just overlooked it yesterday morning. So VT is my SOTD for a full wearing, and back on my "I own it" list.

Vetiver Tonka notes include: Vetiver, hazelnut, neroli, bergamot, dried fruits, cereals and Nigerian tonka beans.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Vetiver Tonka is one I still need to try ComDiva, glad you and your house survived.

I'm wearing House of Matriarch SexMagic today. There are some really nice gems getting created Christi up in the Pacific NW!

Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project.

*** NEW Lavhim (Lavender, Incense, Candle Wax, Clove, Fir Needles, Cognac & Green Leaves)*** / Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture.)

Good morning, good smelling people.

Neil Morris Woodland Strawberry today.

Roses Vanille by Mancera

queen of the universe

Good morning! The last of my SOTN, Weil Noir still lingers in all it's tuberose/VapoRub/old shoe smoky glory. One can just imagine a 1930s movie star clad in Madeleine Vionnet laowering he kohl-smudged eyes whilst lounging on a fainting couch, complacently waiting with the patience of a Venus flytrap for the next poor fellow to cast his eye on her. And me in white socks and sandals! A girl can imagine, no? I doubt that I will ever sniff this again, so I tarry. Eventually I will put on some vintage Guerlain Véga, a hotted-up ylang bomb. I need to follow up the Weil with something of equal extravagance and quality.

This:
    P1040067.jpg
    Then this:
    P1040101.jpg
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Hello everyone Sotd is No 88

hello all,

Last edited by easyfish; 31st July 2014 at 01:21 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Good afternoon all !.

Happy Birthday cello

Roja Dove Unspoken.

Basenotes Institution

Chandler Burr's S02E03 by ?

It is a huge forceful aquatic fragrance. And you know how I just love those type of fragrances...NOT! This is taking all of my patience and self control not to scrub this off in the bathroom. (sigh)

rynegne & ComDIva - Vetiver Tonka is one of the Hermes' scents that I first smelled at a Hermes boutique when I first got into this hobby. It (and Ambre Narguile) were my first that I really liked. It's honestly not really a vetiver scent per se, the overall feel is grassy-comfort-sweetness. There is a tinge of that cotton candy smell, but the other grassy/cereal notes smooth it out. The only thing is I cannot wear it in hot weather so I only wear it when it's cool here. My decant is running low.
    cello - Happy Birthday!
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 31st July 2014 at 02:19 PM.
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Happy Birthday to ((cello)) and belated Happy Birthday wishes to ((Quarry)) , accompanied by big squishy bear hugs for you both.

I'll try not get my Infusion d'Iris EDP all over you during the hug-fest, since I simply doused myself in it this morning. I smell goo-ood! (At least I think so!)

Work is still crazy (redux) and show no signs of letting up. I'm crossing my fingers that my vacation later this month remains intact.

Arome 3 Tradition by D'Orsay

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Aww Jujy, the Weil is gone, long live the Weil.

queen of the universe

Robin, and live on it will. See my Today I Finished post.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

I've owned a decant of Ambre Narguile, I was hoping VT wouldn't be as sweet and cloying. Ambre Narguile was intensely sweet and overtly goumand. Seems sweetness is the theme here!

AND HAPPY BDAY TO CELLO!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Chandler Burr's S02E03 by ?rynegne & ComDIva - Vetiver Tonka is one of the Hermes' scents that I first smelled at a Hermes boutique when I first got into this hobby. It (and Ambre Narguile) were my first that I really liked. It's honestly not really a vetiver scent per se, the overall feel is grassy-comfort-sweetness. There is a tinge of that cotton candy smell, but the other grassy/cereal notes smooth it out. The only thing is I cannot wear it in hot weather so I only wear it when it's cool here. My decant is running low.
    Last edited by rynegne; 31st July 2014 at 09:04 PM.

*** NEW Lavhim (Lavender, Incense, Candle Wax, Clove, Fir Needles, Cognac & Green Leaves)*** / Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture.)

CK One Shock for him
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Hi-yo.
    To clarify, it was our little girl's birthday this week, not mine. I appreciate the sentiments, but don't give me two birthdays this year. Have to cling to the last of my 50s for a solid 365.

Fasting, which I hate since I always have a lumberjack's appetite, and watching the clock until I have to down some stuff in prep for the c-scoping tomorrow. Curious whether the anesthesia will be trippy.

Lying around, drinking approved beverages, and watching Comedians in Cars Drinking Coffee. Wearing friendly Marni.

Enjoyed the zithering, Roberto. Third Man song stuck in my head.
    Last edited by Quarry; 31st July 2014 at 05:52 PM.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Obsession

Basenotes Plus

SotE - Creed Neroli Sauvage.

SOTE

Basenotes Plus

No Sport by La Parfumerie Moderne

Blog Entries

Happy Birthday, cello!

25:43 by Gorilla Perfumes this evening.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Thumbs up Re: SOTD: Thursday, July 31, 2014

CELLO

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Happy birthday to Cello! I am wearing Micallef Arabian Diamond.

L'Air du Desert Marocain earlier today
    Creed Millesime Imperial this evening

Basenotes Institution

After a lunchtime haircut (went SHORT!) it was a sprinkling of the lovely:

Fleur de Liane by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Missing Mocha - hoping she's enjoying campus-touring with her family and she's got good weather!
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 31st July 2014 at 09:04 PM.
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Basenotes Plus

SotE - Musk Aoud by Roja Dove

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CELLO!!!
    Last edited by CapriDog; 31st July 2014 at 10:39 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Happiest of birthday wishes to you dear cello!
    IMG_1012.jpg
    I took this photo on a recent trip to San antonio, TX. Yellow flowers have long been favorites of mine, so I hope you enjoy this photo.

My SOTD is Neil Morris' Zephyr. A perfect hot weather scent! "Zephyr begins with Top Notes of Tangerine and Papaya that combine with lovely Heart Notes of Honeysuckle and Casablanca Lily, accented with Notes of White Tea. The Base Notes are a comforting blend of Sandalwood, Amber and Ocean Musk."

On a sadder note; we've been having a tough couple of days and just today lost a much beloved aunt. It was sudden & accidental. She was on Coumadin for her heart & fell on the sidewalk while walking home from the grocery store Sunday afternoon. She broke her wrist & hit her chin hard enough to push her lower teeth through her upper lip. Despite her injuries she walked the rest of the way home. I don't know how long she waited to go to the ER but later that night, she developed an inter-cranial bleed which eventually caused brain damage. It was downhill from there. We got the news this afternoon that she passed away today.

So sad, such a vibrant woman. I will miss her terribly.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Shame on me for not reading carefully! Well, belated happy birthday to your lovely daughter -- but I'm not taking back my hugs! I'll give ((you)) a couple more because of the yucky fasting and scoping tomorrow. I'm not sure, though, whether to hope for fun or boring anesthesia

At yoga for some re-centering....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CELLO!!!
    Acqua Di Parma Colonia Assoluta

I am so sorry your Aunt died, RHM, and hope that you and your family are holding up OK. Such a sad story.

Betsy
    Items in my wardrobe not in the fragrance directory:
    Exhilarators (Elizabeth Arden Bath and Body Spa from 1980's - no relation to Sun Flowers )
    Chanel No. 5 Voile

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Halston Catalyst for Men tonight
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Basenotes Institution

So sorry to hear that RHM - very sad. ((lots of bear hugs))

Vintage Extract of Mysore Sandalwood by Crabtree & Evelyn

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

My own, MadHat Jour et la Nuit tonight.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

RHM, I'm so sorry for your family. It's sad to think of all that your aunt went through.

I've been wearing Provence Santé Wild Rose. Lately I've been trying to pull out some of my more neglected fragrances, just for a change of pace.