Code of Conduct

Default New niche house Parfums de la Bastide

New house alert!
    Parfums de la Bastide's mission is to be "A tribute to Provence, the historic birthplace of perfumery, in an authentic and creative, sincere and bold approach." Founded in February by two former Annick Goutal executives, they are entering the marked with 5 unisex fragrances.

Eclatant evokes the freshness of a tangy lemon, worked around bright notes and tonics which
    radiate out of all their glory and then become rounded in a sweet and subtle harmony.

Notes: Italian Lemon, Italian Citron, Basil, Verbena, Mint, Cedar, Rosewood, Fresh white musks.

Insouciante is a breeze of freshly harvested delicate rose petals. Enlightened by pink berries and cassis, this combination of bubbling notes makes the perfume as light and cheerful as a glass of pink champagne.

Notes: Italian tangerine peel, Blood orange, Black pepper, Pink berries, Rose, Cassis, Sambac Jasmine, Sandalwood, Patchouli.

Exquise reveals a subtle balance between the juicy and fruity sensations of a fresh fig and the smell of fig leaf, while gradually giving way to a wooded depth.

Notes: Italian tangerine peel, Fig, Cassis, Fig tree leaves, Peach tree leaves, Davana, Bourbon Vanilla.

Insolite is a refreshing lavender water, with developed woody undertones that give it depth and texture. A touch of violet reveals its mineral facet, as a unexpected signature.

Notes: Italian cedrat, Italian tangerine, Violet, Italian bergamot, French fine lavender, French Lavandin, Vetiver, Tonka.

Ardent is composed around a cedar note, evoking the warmth and strength of a majestic conifer. Nutmeg and cumin reveal its spicy character while vanilla and sandalwood usher elegance and delicacy in its wake.

Notes: Cardamom, Nutmeg, Cypress, Cumin, Cedar, Sandalwood.

The only one who immediately interests me is Insolite; a woody lavender with a metallic-violet touch, yes please.
    Anything that you fancy here? And please comment if you have tried the line!

Sources: parfumsdelabastide.com & fr.fashionmag.com/
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity.
    There is no cure for curiosity."
    - Dorothy Parker

Default Re: New niche house Parfums de la Bastide

Sound great all 100ml and all EDPs. Looks like another complete line to purchase for my collection. Thanks very much for this info.

http://www.parfumsdelabastide.com/en/
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Sounds pretty good.

Just found out they don't ship to the USA so perhaps will see if I can plan a side trip to their boutique when in Paris in the next week or so.
    Last edited by hednic; 2nd August 2014 at 12:07 AM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Interesting, none of the note profiles really stick out to me. But, thanks for sharing!
    Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project.

*** NEW Lavhim (Lavender, Incense, Candle Wax, Clove, Fir Needles, Cognac & Green Leaves)*** / Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture.)

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Just found out they don't ship to the USA so perhaps will see if I can plan a side trip to their boutique when in Paris in the next week or so.
    I read that they are working on getting wider distribution at least throughout Europe. Too bad they don't have a sample program up and running.
    - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by furrypine View Post
    I read that they are working on getting wider distribution at least throughout Europe. Too bad they don't have a sample program up and running.
    I read on a French site that they will eventually expand to North and South America but no firm date has been set yet for those areas.

Personally I am not intrigued and quite skeptical. But this is just my feeling - I will happily look for samples to test. Thanks for sharing this news!
    My current top five:

Yohji Yamamoto - Yohji Homme (vtg)
    Jil Sander - Man
    Comme des Garçons - Black
    Naomi Goodsir - Bois d'ascèse
    YSL - M7 (vtg)

My fragrance reviews | http://yeoldecivetcat.blogspot.it/

These look good but niche houses seem to be popping up everywhere with unisex scents. Almost seems like playing things too safe.
    BRING BACK OUR GIRLS!

Insolite sounds nice.

for swap/sale:

I worry that it will be a paint-by-the-numbers niche fragrance ( "a cologne... a rose... a woody frag..." ), but I'll try to keep an open mind and sample them should they pop up locally.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugandaraja View Post
    I worry that it will be a paint-by-the-numbers niche fragrance ( "a cologne... a rose... a woody frag..." ), but I'll try to keep an open mind and sample them should they pop up locally.
    On paper it looks like a solid but not terribly exciting line, trying to cover the basics with their intro-scents. With prices at 125 Euro for 100 ml, they are positioning themselves in the mid-range of niche pricing, I think. Ramon Monegal is twice as expensive, for instance.
    - Dorothy Parker