Code of Conduct

Default Versace Pour Homme

What do yall think of this one? I want to get it because I heard great things about it. Does it project well? I have Allure Homme Sport which people say it is similar too but the sport doesn't project for me -__-. Nothing really projects on my skin unless its synthetic or powdery smh. Even 1 million doesn't project that much

Default Re: Versace Pour Homme

I don't think you'll have problems with this projecting off your skin if you do well with synthetic fragrances. I think it projects well regardless. It's an alright scent for summer wear, but nothing really differentiates it from all of the other stuff out there.

The best fresh "blue" aromatic fougere out there in my opinion and easily full bottle worthy. It's actually something of a holy grail for me as far as the "blue/fresh" category is concerned.

Projection is good.

synthetic nothingingness !
    get the real Versace >> L'Homme !!

Personally don't care for it.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Synthetic top notes. Weak base notes. Not worth a purchase in my opinion. I owned it once, and I sold it pretty quickly.

It's nice and I do like it OK, but it's one that I could possibly do without it, in all honesty. The problem is, though, it just seems to work for me. Women love it...or else they just love it on me, because it's definitely one of my most complimented scents. Practically every time I wear it, I get at least one compliment. Not that I'm complaining

I didn't care for it when I first tested it. I consider it an aquatic/sport fragrance. I still reminds me of body wash. It's a nice alternative to AHS.

Quote Originally Posted by tommygunz View Post
    Even 1 million doesn't project that much
    I had to re-read that line!

Anyway, IMO, AHS is a much better scent than VPH on all fronts - scent, longevity and projection.

Versace Pour Homme is full bottle worthy. I own and love all three of those mentioned by the OP, but I prefer AHS to 1M, and I prefer 1M to Versace PH. I cannot imagine projection problems with any of these three.

Regards,

TC
    The Colognnoisseur
    Omaha, NE
    USA

VPH > AHS

just ask any women when you have both on each hand and you'll see they all prefer VPH, at least in my world

i LOVE it but i dont think its the best thing ever, though out of all my collection which has serious compliment-getters, women always pick VPH as the best fragrance from my collection....over BdC, La Nuit, The One, Fierce, DHI...should i keep going?

its WAY CHEAPER than AHS so ofcourse get it

It's good for it's 35 - $45 usd price range

That being said AHS is complete garbage for being priced at $80 + when it smells virtually the same & is actually weaker.

it projects pretty good for the first couple of hours and I get 8+ hours of longevity. I don't wear it often though, because it's so common around here.

Not a fan of vph. Too synthetic.

I don't think it a good all-rounder. I mainly wear it on warm summer days.
    Regards,
    Renato

Great scent IMO. Big compliment getting and it lasts and projects great for a fresh/summer type frag. If you like AHS, I think you would probably like this as well...but IMO, they are not similar at all despite what some say.

To my nose, AHS and BDC both project better than Versace pour Homme, but based strictly on personal sensations and observations.

I have both; Versace Pour Homme and ALlure Homme Sport. Allure Homme Sport has excellent longevity, at about 8 hours, while Versace Pour Homme only last 4 hours on me........... On this case, we get what we pay for..............

Basenotes Plus

I like it on paper, but hate it on my skin. IMHO its pretty generic even by aquatic standards. I would say nautica voyage is more interesting and can be had much cheaper. It also is one of those scents that just sets my nostrils on fire if I smell it within a minute of spraying it. The stuff also has a weird sour tinge on my skin. A lot of scents like l'eau d'issey, bvulgari Aqva marine as well as many sport scents just go funky on me. But even on paper, its pretty boring to me. So I guess I dont like it per se. More like I can tolerate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrios View Post
    synthetic nothingingness !
    get the real Versace >> L'Homme !!
    exactly!

Projects and lasts, always gets me compliments. Most importantly, I enjoy it and will restock.

Comes down to preference i prefer allure sport has that smooth creamy drydown u can always try edition blanche
    Using Tapatalk

It's an excellent scent, you won't be disappointed. It's one of the rare fresh/aquatic fragrances that really stands out. But be careful, i have noticed that it's one the few designer fragrances that has noticeable batch variations, at least in my experience. Other than that it's a very good scent, extremely well blended and has a nice "professional" drydown. Perfect for the office.

On a side note, this fragrance is universally loved by the female genre, if you care about that