Code of Conduct

Default SOTD Saturday, August 2, 2014

Have Sonoma Scent Studio Fireside Intense on the back of my hands and I'm testing another fragrance I'm making specifically for a friend's wedding as a gift. He loves cigars and whiskey...so that's what I'm giving him. Hopefully he enjoys it.
    Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project.

*** NEW Lavhim (Lavender, Incense, Candle Wax, Clove, Fir Needles, Cognac & Green Leaves)*** / Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture.)

Default Re: SOTD Saturday, August 2, 2014

Hello all.

Traversée du Bosphore
    DONNA

I'm currently about in the process of relaxing before bed but it's after midnight here, so I'm currently wearing L'Heure Bleue that I put on after my shower a few hours ago it's a nice sleepy fragrance very calming and evokes the image of the dawn. I'll update again later when I change scents for the actual day.
    "I guess it's like most dreams, people work hard for them, they take time, When you arrive you aren't sure if it's what you expected. Hopefully it's better, but I guess that is why people dream and choose to chase them" ~anonymous.

"You’re buying stars to shut out the light. We come alone and alone we die And no matter how hard you try I’ll always belong in the sky" ~ Marina and The Diamonds

Eau Belle d'Azzaro

hello all, enjoy your weekend!

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,
    Last edited by easyfish; 2nd August 2014 at 11:51 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Hello and best to everyone. Crown Heliotrope for me today.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Thumbs up Re: SOTD Saturday, August 2, 2014

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

I'm in Antilope today and shocked that I've managed to go 2 whole weeks without even buying a sample. I must be coming down with something.
    'I suggest we learn to love ourselves before it's made illegal.'

Ombre & Lumiere by Armani Prive

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

I'm at a proper keyboard this a.m., so I want to catch up saying a few things …

Greetings to iris&oud. Please get caught up in the current of the SotD thread and float along with us.

Jon, we loved your video choice for Monday. I've played it three times.

I loved everybody’s diverse backseat stories, and I looked up the cars ExtremeK (guessing New Yorker), Teardrop (Morris Marina with wood beam accents), and Claire (Renault 12) mentioned. How varied were our automobiles from different countries. Claire, as always, you make me laugh. This week we started watching Jerry Seinfeld’s “Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee,” wherein Jerry spends part of an informal day driving around and eating with a comedian discussing life in general. For each guest he choses a radically different car, ranging from a 1940s Porsche to a beat-up VW van. What a fabulous gift to manifest humor from thin air and deliver it with proper timing. I sit in awe of Jerry and Claire.

ComDiva ~ Despite all the chaos and mess, I envy your home occupied by countless young people. They’re so much fun. The very ages most parents complain about, the terrible twos and almost-adult teens, are my favorite ages to interact with, at least in my daughter’s lifetime. I can imagine the loving vibes you put out in their presence, and I envy those kids, too.

Robin ~ You’re a gem of a storyteller and a heck of a mom. Your daughters are fortunate to have good, smelly you.

Jujy ~ Thank you for showing us your pottery. I enjoyed seeing it and taking a flight of the imagination tracking your creativity. Our new tenant, in the little duplex that was our home, was happy we had a place in an open shed for her potter’s wheel. She plans to throw some clay creation for us, so I’ve had this subject on my mind a bit. The best part of the video is seeing your face and hearing your voice. (((hugs)))

30Roses ~ I sooo understand your “home alone” appreciation. Eventually I recognize I wouldn't want to be in that state too much of the time, but occasionally, it’s bliss.

Kewart, Teardrop nailed it in regard to the value of your friendship. Of course, Teardrop is thoughtful that way, too—except when singing Found a Peanut, which is exactly the song we sang in our youth, too! “Ate it anyway, ate it anyway …”

Yesterday’s colonoscopy (my second, the first years ago being a “virtual” one) went very well, and all is great with me. My father and my mother's sister were afflicted with colon cancer. My mother’s brother and father were killed by it. Thanks to the current offering of affordable healthcare insurance in the U.S., I could get this screening. If anyone has any concerns about having the procedure done, please PM me and I'll answer every question. I don't have to test again for 10 years, but wouldn't mind doing it yearly if it meant I could avoid the big C.

Today DH and I are setting up a second solar panel as awning over a door, so we'll be in close proximity on the scaffolding. Just a courtesy that I should wear something he likes or doesn't mind: Bois des Iles.
    Last edited by Quarry; 2nd August 2014 at 04:45 PM.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Yves Saint Laurent Live Jazz this morning
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Memoirs of a Trespasser

SOTE

Blog Entries

Hi all,

Q; a lengthy post from you is always a joy to see! You had "Found a Peanut" too? Wow, l thought that was just us!
    Glad all went well for you yesterday, & it's good to hear you are all clear.

l wore Acqua di Gioia for work today, now in Monyette Paris for the evening. We've had rain & wind today, now back to sunshine, but it's about ten degrees cooler than this time last week. Much more comfortable for working in, & l'm sure Jon is pleased.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

I can't believe it's August already!

I'm in TDC Sublime Balkiss today. It's still hot and humid here, and it's a great fragrance for such a day.

Basenotes Plus

Up & out early this morning, renewing the girls driving permit, taking her for long over due blood test & food shopping at the local global food market. We love this store.
    Now I'm doing laundry in preparation for traveling this week for the wake & funeral. Lots to do & I'm wrestling a stress headache.

Wearing Robert Piguet's VISA, 'cause it's my daughters favorite.

I'm running around like a nut!

RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Basenotes Plus

Amouage Opus VII

Have a great day, everyone!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Fleur de Thé Rose Bulgare today. It's overcast and pleasantly cool.

Quarry, I think you're right -- looking at the photos, it looks like it might have been a 1967 Chrysler New Yorker I'm glad all is well.

I went nuclear today: Tom Ford Black Orchid Voile de Fleur. It was the first time all week I felt like wearing something other than iris.

Last night and today was back-to-school shopping with the two younger boys -- individually. It works much better that way

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Lalique Encre Noire tonight
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

L'Homme by YSL

Continuing my Saturday tradition of trying a new (to me) sample. Today it was Cartier Panthere. What a wonderful fragrance that makes you think of women in furs riding in limousines. I think it has been discontinued. What a shame!
    Betsy
    Items in my wardrobe not in the fragrance directory:
    Exhilarators (Elizabeth Arden Bath and Body Spa from 1980's - no relation to Sun Flowers )
    Chanel No. 5 Voile

queen of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by sfmedusa View Post
    I'm in Antilope today and shocked that I've managed to go 2 whole weeks without even buying a sample. I must be coming down with something.
    Très curious; which version of Antilope do you have? I love vintage Antilope, have a bottle that is 50s or 60s EdT as well as a 70s PdT. The drydown is reminiscent of My Sin, with less civet. An underrated aldehydic chypre.

Fragrance-free for personal reason for a few days. By the end of next week, I will be smelling and telling once again. Can't imagine how perfume will hit my nose after a near week of abstinence.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Basenotes Institution

Busy day, I wore Santalum by Profumum, Orange Sanuine by Atelier & Limed by Madhat. My Limed got me a huge compliment from a new 'guy' I'm interested in. Thanks Ryan

Quarry - so glad to hear the procedure went smooth
    RYNEGNE - look forward to hearing more about this cigar/whiskey creation you hinted at. Last night, on a date, I wore Cumming and it definitely has that peat note down pat. I love that scent!
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

queen of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post

Jujy ~ Thank you for showing us your pottery. I enjoyed seeing it and taking a flight of the imagination tracking your creativity. Our new tenant, in the little duplex that was our home, was happy we had a place in an open shed for her potter’s wheel. She plans to throw some clay creation for us, so I’ve had this subject on my mind a bit. The best part of the video is seeing your face and hearing your voice. (((hugs)))
    You are so kind, dear Q. I enjoy sharing my world. Glad your "scope" was uneventful. I'll second you: easily worth it, not uncomfortable. Just stick close to home the day before!
    Last edited by jujy54; 3rd August 2014 at 04:14 AM.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Forgot to update sooner but my scent of the actual day was Aventus by Creed. I got several creed samples in July and I am addicted.
    "I guess it's like most dreams, people work hard for them, they take time, When you arrive you aren't sure if it's what you expected. Hopefully it's better, but I guess that is why people dream and choose to chase them" ~anonymous.

"You’re buying stars to shut out the light. We come alone and alone we die And no matter how hard you try I’ll always belong in the sky" ~ Marina and The Diamonds