Code of Conduct

Default Fahrenheit Parfum (?)

This one seems to have A LOT of different opinions. Some seem to love it...while others seem to think it's merely "OK". I don't see a lot of hate for it, but I do see some talk of disappointment. Apparently, the disappointment is a result of the scent appearing to be more mainstream than risk taking.

This is one that isn't available in the US, so it would have to be a blind buy. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone who has this one, so I am hoping for some opinions. I haven't heard much talk of it, which could be a good (if it was horrible, people WOULD be talking about it) or a bad (people don't hate it, they just don't like it enough to talk about it) thing.

I guess I'm more curious about the actual scent. Everyone wants to compare it to Fahrenheit or Fahrenheit Absolute, but I don't see much (or any) comparisons to Fahrenheit 32. Or any other "heavy" vanilla scents (i.e. - LeMale, Pi, Jaipure Homme, etc.) for that matter. Does that mean that it isn't too heavy on the vanilla, or because it is a more masculine, smokey, less sweet type of vanilla? Or is it a bit too feminine? Also, what notes, other than vanilla, and violet, do people tend to pick up on primarily? Is it "smokey", or woody, or more smooth? Is the rum and leather noticeable, fairly well blended, etc.?

Basically, whatever anyone wants to share regarding this one would be appreciated. Thanks

Default Re: Fahrenheit Parfum (?)

Yes, yes! Come on folks! Do share your thoughts on this one. I'm so frustrated that it's not available in the states. I love Fahrenheit and am dying to get my nose on this one - but I'm so hesitant to blind buy.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

To me, it is a richer and, altogether, more complex version of the initial Fahrenheit. Strictly in my opinion, not only that it lasts significantly more than the already well performing regular Fahrenheit, but it does so with extra depths of leather, resins, even rich spices and woods (again, judging strictly according to previous testing experiences, all quite rewarding so far).

I'm definitely in the thumbs up camp on this one. Ken_Russell sums it up nicely as being richer and more complex than the original.

I would imagine that if there is any disappointment with this, it would likely come from those who expected that this would simply be a stronger version of the original. As stated in my posted review, while the original's DNA is clearly present, this is far sweeter and richer than the original. It also has a boozy aspect wholly absent from the original and is much closer to the 'Absolute' version than the original.

While I can’t wholeheartedly recommend a blind buy, if you are not expecting simply a stronger version of Fahrenheit and love boozy vanilla drydowns, you would likely be safe buying this one blind.
    My current top 10 (subject to change) in no particular order:

Rive Gauche Pour Homme, Serge Lutens Cuir Mauresque, Armani Prive' Nuances,
    Armani Prive' Bois d'Encens, Ermenegildo Zegna Indonesian Oud, Essenza de Zegna, Amouage Beloved Man, Fahrenheit Le Parfum, Dior La Collection Couturier Vetiver, and Rasikh Syed Junaid Alam.

Love it; a modern interpretation of the Fahrenheit theme, a deep resinous violet vanilla.

Basenotes Plus

Would it be redundant to own Fahrenheit Parfum and Fahrenheit Absolute?

Basenotes Plus

Is it anything like the turn Eau Sauvage Parfum made? Sweet, smoother, etc.

such a thin longevity, such a sick joke!

After finding my vintage bottle from when I went to high school, this has been placed on my list.

Quote Originally Posted by CapriDog View Post
    Would it be redundant to own Fahrenheit Parfum and Fahrenheit Absolute?
    IMO yes and no. As far as difference there is not more difference between them like for example between A*Men and Pure Coffee (which to me smells very similiar). But even if the difference is not big - some may find this minor difference improvement. Personally I think that it is ok scent. It is nothing groundbreaking (like original Fahrenheit was). I would take original Fahrenheit from like 2005 over this (or any other Fahrenheit and flankers) any day. If you "gotta have em all" - then buy it. But dont expect much.
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

I love Fahrenheit Parfum. It is indeed more complex than the original, minus the "petrol" accord. I have used the original since its launch, but find myself using the Parfum more these days. IMO, part of the genius of the Parfum is how it is rich in vanilla, yet so different from F32, which highlights the sweet "treble" notes of vanilla more, compared to the Parfum's woodier nature.

It will not be redundant owning Absolute and the Parfum, if one likes (appreciable) variations of a theme.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

I own this one and love it. Was well worth the effort hunting this on down.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by perfaddict View Post
    IMO, part of the genius of the Parfum is how it is rich in vanilla, yet so different from F32, which highlights the sweet "treble" notes of vanilla more, compared to the Parfum's woodier nature.
    This is huge for me, because vanilla is something that I really like, if done right....or really despise, if done wrong.

Fahrenheit 32 was NOT to my liking...because the vanilla was too dominant, and too sweet. It felt more unisex to actually leaning a bit feminine IMHO.

Thank you for this thread, I love the original from the college days and I would really love to sample this. There is not enough info or reviews on the net.
    Form is emptiness, emptiness is form.

Are any American BN members headed to Europe anytime soon? I'd love to get in on a split if someone was willing to bring back a bottle...

I love Fahrenheit Parfum. I picked it up in duty free last month and I find it a lovely warm luxurious comforting fragrance. One of those fragrances where you can't help sniffing your arm all evening.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer81 View Post
    IMO yes and no. As far as difference there is not more difference between them like for example between A*Men and Pure Coffee (which to me smells very similiar). But even if the difference is not big - some may find this minor difference improvement. Personally I think that it is ok scent. It is nothing groundbreaking (like original Fahrenheit was). I would take original Fahrenheit from like 2005 over this (or any other Fahrenheit and flankers) any day. If you "gotta have em all" - then buy it. But dont expect much.
    Quote Originally Posted by perfaddict View Post
    I love Fahrenheit Parfum. It is indeed more complex than the original, minus the "petrol" accord. I have used the original since its launch, but find myself using the Parfum more these days. IMO, part of the genius of the Parfum is how it is rich in vanilla, yet so different from F32, which highlights the sweet "treble" notes of vanilla more, compared to the Parfum's woodier nature.

It will not be redundant owning Absolute and the Parfum, if one likes (appreciable) variations of a theme.
    Thanks guys for the input.

The petrol/gasoline note in the original is IMO an important ingredient in the composition.
    Does the Parfum has it at all? Maybe just a little?

I appreciate all of the replies and everyone's thoughts and opinions on this one....as well as those who have also expressed interest in hearing more about this particular scent.

As I suspected, though, it doesn't appear that a lot of folks have this one as of yet. Hopefully more people who have (or at least, have tried it) will be able to add their input to this thread. The more info we have on it, the better.

To me its a welfare version of Absolute. Gone is the incense,myrrh, and oud and the Parfum lacks the complexity of Absolute.

As long as the oud is gone, I'll probably be happy. Absolute stank to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovescully View Post
    I'm definitely in the thumbs up camp on this one. Ken_Russell sums it up nicely as being richer and more complex than the original.

I would imagine that if there is any disappointment with this, it would likely come from those who expected that this would simply be a stronger version of the original. As stated in my posted review, while the original's DNA is clearly present, this is far sweeter and richer than the original. It also has a boozy aspect wholly absent from the original and is much closer to the 'Absolute' version than the original.

While I can’t wholeheartedly recommend a blind buy, if you are not expecting simply a stronger version of Fahrenheit and love boozy vanilla drydowns, you would likely be safe buying this one blind.
    Another comment I would add is that in my personal experience the sillage and longevity were very good. I have worn Fahrenheit Parfum to work on several occasions and the sillage was quite noticeable by my colleagues sitting several metres away from me. It generally lasts on me for a good 8 hours before I would have to re-apply.
    My current top 10 (subject to change) in no particular order:

Rive Gauche Pour Homme, Serge Lutens Cuir Mauresque, Armani Prive' Nuances,
    Armani Prive' Bois d'Encens, Ermenegildo Zegna Indonesian Oud, Essenza de Zegna, Amouage Beloved Man, Fahrenheit Le Parfum, Dior La Collection Couturier Vetiver, and Rasikh Syed Junaid Alam.

I thought I would contribute to this thread while I was at it, since I just went to the Galeries Lafeyette today to try out the Dior Homme Parfum and was blown away by that experience.

As it is, I have had the chance to try the Dior Fahrenheit Parfum here and there (at duty free shops in airports), and while I thought it was good, I wasn't so impressed as to feel I needed a bottle on the spot. However, this one might be "growing" on me.

As of right now Dior is releasing "parfum" editions of their male line: Eau sauvage parfum, Fahrenheit parfum, Dior Homme parfum. There is a thread that runs through each of these parfum editions: they are richer (as is to be expected) and they take the original scents in new directions. The Dior Homme is somewhat of an exception, since I can detect more Dior Homme dna in Dior Homme Parfum than Eau Sauvage in Eau Sauvage Parfum, for example, but the parfum versions promise an entirely more intense experience from the scent.

I have to say that the Dior Homme Parfum sort of opened my eyes to the entire project, and I think my initial impressions of Fahrenheit parfum will be influenced by this direction--in short, one should not expect simply a more concentrated variation of the famous edt, but an entirely new experience that uses the edt as a jumping off point.

The Fahrenheit parfum seems to me not just a vanilla heavy scent, although vanilla is there--but rather the mixture of floral, gourmand, and woody elements that make this one good. For me it wasn't as immediately compelling to warrant a purchase, although somehow my olfactory memory keeps coming back to it and is more and more haunted by it.
    Last edited by gtsb; 9th August 2014 at 08:28 AM.

Just a few personal impressions about Fahrenheit Parfum...

It was love at first sniff for me.

Yes, even though I am Not living in the ideal climate zone (tropics) to wear it as often as I would like to...I am still very happy to own this excellent fragrance.

Just like when I first sampled Sauvage Parfum, I was not expecting a stronger version of the original...So I was not disappointed...quite the contrary actually.

First impression : Fahrenheit DNA is there...but much richer, denser...and no "petrol" note whatsoever ( I love it in the original BTW).

Also, perhaps because of the strong vanilla note present and the sheer ingredients quality obvious right from the first second, I immediately thought to myself " this is something that could have been released by the House of Guerlain" !

Yes, In common with Eau Sauvage Parfum, this Fahrenheit could easily be part of the Dior Privée Line !
    Rich, deep, smooth...luxurious blend.

Sweet, yes...But not overly so....Spicy oriental...sometimes reminds me of a delicious tea (no tea note per se)...must be the beautiful liquorice masterfully blended with the other spices and ingredients...together with the bourbon vanilla absolute...my personal feeling is that although the vanilla note is strong, it's never overdosed, too much...and, yes, the specific ingredient quality is top notch...and really smells luxurious and elegant all the way through the base.

Projection is very good, especially first couple of hours on my skin....and longevity is excellent.
    I made the mistake of really underappreciating the juice potency on my very first sampling (2 sprays on my forearm)....smell was clearly and perfectly detectable for 36 (yes thirty-six) hours later !

gtsb and LJD...thanks for those very descriptive posts

And I want to again thank everyone for their thoughts on this one, it is very much appreciated. I especially appreciate all of the detailed info and descriptions and time that everyone has taken to voice their thoughts and opinions. This is one that I will definitely have to sample, if not outright blind buy. I'm sure (or actually, guessing) that Dior has their reasons for releasing the parfum versions of Fahrenheit and Dior Homme in Europe only this year....although I can't imagine what those are.

Just got my bottle yesterday.
    I like it very much. It's got class and you can tell is made of quality ingredients. Reminds a bit if Dior Homme, it doesn't smell like that tho.
    You can smell the Fahrenheit DNA but it is a different scent that stands on its own.
    I think all that is being said here is true.
    Beautiful scent, strong vanilla ( reminds m off Jaipur) you can smell the violets. A woody, floral with warm amber that's quite unique, it has good sillage and I could smell it on me the next day. BTW the bottle feels great in the hand and has a substantial cap!

All in all not what I expected but happily surprised!
    Thank you Dior, you are the best. Now get to work and give us the next Poison !!

On my skin it is a combination of Fahrenheit Absolute with M7 OA (leaning towards Absolute).

Quote Originally Posted by Sylver View Post
    On my skin it is a combination of Fahrenheit Absolute with M7 OA (leaning towards Absolute).
    I found the mid to base notes to be very similar to M7.

After re-reading my post, I noticed I forgot to cover a question in the OP :

While I believe a woman could wear and greatly enjoy F. Parfum (just like many many fragrances marketed towards men), I never felt this beautiful scent was leaning on the "feminine" side...Not at all to me anyway...

Regards,
    LJD

I tried it and would buy it if it were not because I have a ridiculous amount of bottles.

Still, I found things in common between this and others I tried (but I can't remember their names) + the fact it does not have much to do with the original, which I have (vintage) and don't like it that much.

I just tried this again at Duty Free, and I think I may have underestimated it when I first smelled it. Yes, it turns into a highly vanilla-centric scent, but it is so warm, and it gets so much better in the base, with woods, leather, florals each contributing to make this anything but a "plain vanilla." Actually my favorite part of the scent was after 20 hours, when it was still going, as it became woodier and even with a bit of the incense detectable that was such a great feature of the absolute.

This one needs to be worn on skin and becomes really nice as it unfolds very slowly, over quite a long period of time.

Subjectively - I think it's great. Objectively it's not one would have hoped for, thus depending on expectations one is more or less disappointed.

It's really grown on me this one. At first I much preferred the (now discontinued) Fahrenheit Absolute, but I gave them parallel wearings and parallel sprays on blotters. I still love the Absolute, but it definitely does not have the staying power that the parfum has.

An additional note here that may be of interest to Fahrenheit lovers.
    I accidentally stumbled on a fragrance that, (at least to my nose) comes very close to the original pre-reformulated Fahrenheit. It's called Pampero, from the, (don't laugh) "Wind Collection" for Men. It's manufactured by Parfums Christine Darvin, (France). It's excellent, has the same amazing silliage and longevity as the original 1988 release and is incredibly low priced.
    Last edited by david; 15th August 2014 at 12:03 PM.
    " Only wimps swim with the current "

there are already some reviews of this on YouTube, check them out as well..
    no great shakes but good enough..

Damn. I just got my bottle in the mail. This... is shades of Fahrenheit with my favorite parts amped up. This is a vanilla that I actually like. And a alcohol (rum or cognac?) scent that replaces the petrol of the vintage - that's okay, I have a vintage bottle.

But this is a deeper take on Fahrenheit that I actually think is a modernization of what most liked in the original Fahrenheit. There's a hint of leather - it's tame, like Dior Cuir Cannage suede-like but pushed to a tertiary level of notes. And here's where I'll probably go against the normal BN grain; I'm a huge fan of good violet leaf. It's here, it's long-lasting and I'm happy with it.

This... I'll probably seek out another bottle to stay in my collection. This scent makes me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
    This scent makes me happy.
    I agree with this ... it is a warm and inviting scent. It doesn't have the flashy vanilla "look at me I smell sexy in the club" vibe of DHI but rather exudes a sort of pervasive and effusive feeling of well being. I like it more and more every time I wear it.

Is it similar to the vintage Fahrenheit? Is it more next to the vintage Fahrenheit or to Fahrenheit Absolute?

Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    Is it similar to the vintage Fahrenheit? Is it more next to the vintage Fahrenheit or to Fahrenheit Absolute?
    I'd say that it's not near vintage - vintage has a "petrol" (gasoline) scent that folks missed that's not present at all in Parfum. It's missing the oud from Absolute, so that initial blast of skankiness isn't present either. I didn't like Absolute, I've kept my bottle of vintage (was actually packed up in my high school stuff somehow) and still have a bottle of Fahrenheit Summer (2001).

This is a re-imagining of the Fahrenheit that most would call vintage. It's deeper than what's on the shelves now, has a bit of the DHI vanilla but that's way different in this application.

I never got vanilla from the vintage, more floral. The florals are pushed back in Parfum. And the violet leaf isn't as strong as vintage, but stronger than Absolute. It just smells richer than the others, save vintage. And it's different enough for me to keep both.

Hope that helps... even if just a little.