Code of Conduct

Default Body Kouros Reformulated?

has anyone tried it recently? is it still worth buying?

i remember BK in 2003/2004 and it was awesome, now besides being hard to find some people say it has been reformulated, bottle is now like original kouros but in black and has a powdery sweet smell

found a bottle of the 100 ml of the reformulated juice for 40€

Default Re: Body Kouros Reformulated?

After enjoying a 1 ml sample I had, I just recently swapped for a bottle of BK with a fellow here on BN.
    My wife and I really like the scent. The longevity is not what I hoped for, but I am used to that happening with many frags.
    The bottle I have is probably no more than 2 years old, so I suppose it is the current formulation.

So... great scent, not so great longevity or projection. I might try more sprays, though that might be pretty strong for the first hour or so.

Undoubtedly, it has been reformulated. And is now discontinued, I think.
    Snarky is as snarky does.

reformulated and deadly boring!

Quote Originally Posted by Bossa Nova View Post
    Undoubtedly, it has been reformulated. And is now discontinued, I think.
    I don't think it has been discontinued, as it is present in many airport duty frees but in its new bottling design...
    My all time favorite:

Dior Fahrenheit
    Currently wearing: Dunhill Edition by Dunhill

I have vintage versions of it and there is a VAST difference in quality between the pre Revlon bottles (2008 onwards)

Body Kouros has gone throught 3 reformulations.

First formulation ( original):
    2000-2008
    Strong, musky, smoky sweet incense, it smells like
    Nag Champa in the drydown
    Sillage: 8-10 hours
    Longevity : 12 hours

2009-2011 (2nd formulation)
    L'Oreal takes over YSL fragrances, the bottles are the same but the fragrance have much less incense and its more of a sweet cotton candy scent.
    Sillage: 2-3 hours
    Longevity: 5-6 hours

2012- now ( latest)
    L'Oreal changes the bottle and the fragrance is much more synthetic, with a sickly powdery drydown.
    Longevity: 3-5 hours

I'm guessing I have the reformulated stuff in the original BK bottle. The stuff has poor longevity on me (even with generous sprays).

I love the stuff. If I could find it in the copy-cat body oil, I would make my own BK lotion and aftershave... Layer it to make the longevity better.
    Never leave the house without six sprays.

My Top 5:
    1. Xeryus Rouge (vintage)
    2. Womanity
    3. Paris Hilton for Men
    4. Perry Ellis M for Men
    5. Alien Absolue

I recently got a new bottle. I didn't notice much difference between it and the original, which I have but is running low. I wore them side by side, one on each arm and didn't notice much difference, if any. The longevity on my skin was the same, lasting all day. Maybe I'll give the new bottle a wear of its own and see how it works. I think it still smells great.

I have the 2nd and current formulations and they both last at least 8 hours on me.
    Currently wearing: Joop! Homme by Joop!

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Picollo30 View Post
    is it still worth buying?
    IMO still worth buying
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Banned

Just found out I acquired a BNIB 2003 bottle of BK. Checked on check cosmetic and it said 2013 but since it's the old box with eau de toillete directly under Kouros I figured check cosmetic mixed up the year as it does so often. I am pretty happy to have gotten a bottle from that early on and it is the original formulation. I have a bottle in use currently that is from I believe 2011. Great find for me and I haven't even removed the cellophane and don't plan to until I'm done with my current juice.

I have 2 bottles from the second era mentioned here, and tried the newly designed bottle. Found them really similar! No much difference, truely the same scent to me.
    However I'll continue trying hunting a real vintage bottle from 2000-2007! Its an honorable fragrance....
    My all time favorite:

Dior Fahrenheit
    Currently wearing: Dunhill Edition by Dunhill

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by vinramani09 View Post
    I have vintage versions of it and there is a VAST difference in quality between the pre Revlon bottles (2008 onwards)

2000-2008

L'Oreal takes over YSL fragrances, the bottles are the same but the fragrance have much less incense and its more of a sweet cotton candy scent.

2012- now ( latest)
    L'Oreal changes the bottle and the fragrance is much more synthetic, with a sickly powdery drydown.
    Thanks for that vinramani.

I have three bottles of Body Kouros - 2 x 50ml and 1 x 100ml. All three purchased new, and all three are the original bottle design. Neither the boxes nor the bottles make any reference to L"oreal or Revlon, but the boxes do have B.R.I on the bottom. Would you be able to say if these are original (before 2008) or 2009-2111 2nd formulation ?

Thanks

I had a bottle from 2010 and it was pretty close to the scent I remember back in early 2000's. Not familiar with the latest formulation in the "old" Kouros bottle. But I would not be surprised if it has deteriorated as much as Vinramani suggested..
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by Vinrambo09 View Post

2000-2008

2012- now ( latest)
    After extensive testing with new Body Kouros and my 2010 Body Kouros (in original bottle but w/ reformulated juice), I have to respectfully disagree.

The reformulated version in the new pewter colored bottle is much better than the second reformulation. My stuff had poor longevity but after multiple wears, I was getting instant headaches from the super sharp green eucalyptus to the point I stopped wearing it. These headaches would happen just seconds after spraying it when I would smell the fragrance "rise up".

Kohl's sells the reformulated stuff which I try every time I browse that store. I don't get headaches from the reformulated version and I find it to be much MORE wearable. Yes, it's not as potent as BKv2 but 'watering it down' has made it that much wearable. It's still not a generic fragrance like Kouros Silver, but it's much less brash. The new bottle Body Kouros isn't powdery at all. It's still the same smell as BKv2. It's very light yet detectable. It's more of a "sheer" or "veil" than heavy blanket in terms of its potency.

I've never been able to try the original Body Kouros, but as it stands... BKv3 > BKv2.
    Last edited by xoxoMyke; 2nd May 2016 at 05:15 PM.
    Never leave the house without six sprays.

My Top 5:
    1. Xeryus Rouge (vintage)
    2. Womanity
    3. Paris Hilton for Men
    4. Perry Ellis M for Men
    5. Alien Absolue