Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Default Dior Homme Parfum!?!?

Default Re: Dior Homme Parfum!?!?

Strange as I would assume DHI is the parfum version of DH , must be a typo.
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Well, the flask seams different and it says only parfum!
    I googled it but found something about it!

That would be great if it isn't a typo.

Basenotes Junkie

Very interesting indeed.. It clearly says parfum on the bottle. Its not DHi, either.. DHI is listed elsewhere for 62 euros.

Hmmm... It also says that It's a new product. Intriguing!

I guess that after the success of TdH parfum, Dior decided it was worth to get in the game. Let's see if it does smell recognizably of DH, or, TdH like, it will be a completely different animal.

cacio

Basenotes Junkie

Surprising thing is that this has gotten no publicity at all.. Maybe its like some exclusive for French market only? Also, 102 euros is quite a price hike... Definitely in the niche range

If it's true, I hope to be able to get my hands on it!

If it's what some assume then even fragantica is in the Dark with this one as I've not gotten my Email with upcoming New Scents and DH perfume definitely has not been projected as upcoming not even through the Grapevine
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Quote Originally Posted by magnus611 View Post
    Strange as I would assume DHI is the parfum version of DH , must be a typo.
    A typo that's also printed on the bottle? It looks to me like this may be legit. I hope so!

Oh, Dior... you and your sexy scents in your sexy bottles. Who am I to resist you? ...RAWR!!!!!
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

wow, nice looking bottle!
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by l'homme blanc individuel View Post

oh, dior... You and your sexy scents in your sexy bottles. Who am i to resist you? ...rawr!!!!!
    Lmao!

Buying this immediately.

Blog Entries

Interesting. Just seems so surprising that there hasn't been a word about this from elsewhere. Wonder if it's time for somebody to email Dior...
    Check out my personal blog: http://stayathomedadfindsacologne.com

"Perfume and incense make the heart glad..."

-Proverbs 27:9

It wouldn't be so surprising after the launch of Fahrenheit Le Parfum. Maybe it's just another flanker that smells different comapred to it's predecessor. I hope it's not... Dior Homme Intense in extrait concentration would be great!

Strange that Dior would release a new flanker with the exact same bottle as an existing flanker. Given that Dior Homme Intense is an EDP, I wonder if this is simply a renaming/rebranding of DHI...

Basenotes Plus

Called the NY Dior boutique. The Dior Homme boutique in NY. The DC Dior boutique.

And they all thumb their nose at the designer line and say you have to contact Sephora, as they don't "sell anything that cheap".

Obnoxious.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by caferacer View Post
    Strange that Dior would release a new flanker with the exact same bottle as an existing flanker. Given that Dior Homme Intense is an EDP, I wonder if this is simply a renaming/rebranding of DHI...
    I think you are onto something... Maybe DHI will be eventually phased out 0_0

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyP View Post
    I think you are onto something... Maybe DHI will be eventually phased out 0_0
    I don't think that adds up. DHI is on the site as well, and it's quite a bit cheaper. And the bottle for the Dior Homme Parfum seems quite a bit different than DHI.

This is a Parfum, which is slightly stronger than an Eau de Parfum.

Quote Originally Posted by sdotlow View Post
    Called the NY Dior boutique. The Dior Homme boutique in NY. The DC Dior boutique.

And they all thumb their nose at the designer line and say you have to contact Sephora, as they don't "sell anything that cheap".

Obnoxious.
    What insolent thugs!

Las Vegas Palazzo sells the "cheap" stuff and they're very friendly.
    My top 10:

1) Tauer L'Air du Desert Marocain
    2) MDCI Invasion Barbare
    3) SHL Black Gemstone
    4) Amouage Jubilation XXV
    5) Morabito Or Black
    6) House of Matriarch Blackbird
    7) Puredistance M
    8) Turtle Vetiver Back
    9) CDG 2 Man
    10) Vetiver Extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    This is a Parfum, which is slightly stronger than an Eau de Parfum.
    Yes, you're of course correct that a Parfum is a slightly stronger concentration than an EDP. However, given the fact that a product rebrand can sometimes include a change in the original product's design or recipe (Coca-Cola's massive rebrand failure in the mid 80s being a prime example), I'm inclined to stick with my original theory for now.

Very interesting. Let's hope for the best.

Yes, you're of course correct that a Parfum is a slightly stronger concentration than an EDP. However, given the fact that a product rebrand can sometimes include a change in the original product's design or recipe (Coca-Cola's massive rebrand failure in the mid 80s being a prime example), I'm inclined to stick with my original theory for now.
    Wether or not your theory is correct, it seems like we can all start getting excited for an even stronger version of Dior Homme, and that makes me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Wether or not your theory is correct, it seems like we can all start getting excited for an even stronger version of Dior Homme, and that makes me happy.
    Get ready for all the new batch code variation threads!

Quote Originally Posted by bc78 View Post
    Las Vegas Palazzo sells the "cheap" stuff and they're very friendly.
    I just called. Sadly, they don't carry either Dior Homme Parfum or Fahrenheit Parfum. It looks like both are Europe exclusives. It's such a shame that even a Dior Boutique in the U.S. wouldn't cary them. Bummer.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    I just called. Sadly, they don't carry either Dior Homme Parfum or Fahrenheit Parfum. It looks like both are Europe exclusives. It's such a shame that even a Dior Boutique in the U.S. wouldn't cary them. Bummer.
    @ European BN'ers: do you see the opportunity here?

Dior Homme Parfum: Chocolate with crushed iris petals... literally. Jk. I'm interested.
    (Formerly Jouho)

oh..was gonna get the regular EDT, good timing to get this instead...if i can get my hands on it.

wonder how this compares with Intense?

The Parfum is also listed as 75ml, that's an odd size for either DH or DHI. I'm inclined to believe it's for real.

Shame about the Euro-only distribution, however I'm sending one of my team members to Europe next month. I think I just added one item to his task list

When exactly is this releasing in Europe? I might have someone pick me up a bottle from France. I wish there were some reviews or first impressions available first though.

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    I feel your pain. There have been one or two U.S. exclusives I'd have loved to have got my hands on in recent times....

Quote Originally Posted by etoile View Post
    If it's true, I hope to be able to get my hands on it!
    Firstly, thanks so much for sharing your intriguing find with us !!!
    I am sure it is true. I live in France and usually the launch is a bit earlier here than elsewhere. I will invesigate and report back on this thread.
    Again, thank you for sharing with us.
    " Only wimps swim with the current "

Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    Firstly, thanks so much for sharing your intriguing find with us !!!
    I am sure it is true. I live in France and usually the launch is a bit earlier here than elsewhere. I will invesigate and report back on this thread.
    Again, thank you for sharing with us.
    David, any information would be most helpful. We'd love to know the details - this release snuck up on everyone!

Maybe its just dior homme intense but they changed it to parfum instead of intense?

Wonder how different it will be from DHI. Maye the Cocoa becomes the main note in the opening with the iris and vanilla in the background? DHI is already pretty strong to.

All right folks.

As it so happens, I am in Paris right now, and after I saw this thread, I went to the Galeries Lafeyette to see if they had this mysterious "Dior Homme Parfum." They did. The SA working there said it was top secret and that basically it had its surprise premier on Friday and that it will be exclusive to Paris (maybe to Galeries Lafeyettes?) until September.

The Dior Homme Parfum is real, and it is no joke. That is to say: in my personal opinion, it is OUTSTANDING. It is not just a rebranding of Dior Homme Intense, but is its own thing, and it is incredible. I would say, get ready for the hype train, but I don't know if this will appeal to everyone the way DHI does.

As for me, I sprayed it on today, had a "wow" experience, and immediately bought the bottle on the spot. I may head back tomorrow to buy a back up bottle, it was that good.

Some initial impressions. This is at least as powerful as Dior Homme Intense, if not more so. When you spray it on, you can see the increased concentration--it goes on oily on skin. The initial blast is very heavy on the iris. For those who don't like the "lipstick" smell of Dior Homme, this is probably not good news for you. But for those of you who do (as I do), it is an extremely striking opening. It is striking, breathtaking even.

The top notes go away and the iris fades into the background as it goes into the heart. A dusty bitter-sweet wood note comes to the fore at this stage. I know this is going to sound strange, but this phase of the perfume reminded me very much of Slumberhouse Ore. I don't know if it is cocoa, but there was a sort of dark cocoa / woody effect, but much drier in the mid phase than Dior Homme Intense. There is a floral sheen in the background (perhaps lavender?) that prevents it from getting too heavy, but it is still dark and extremely rich. I thought I could detect some sandalwood in there, but I don't know what the official notes are.

After 7 hours, I can't tell if there is still projection (I am not a good judge of this since I tend to get olfactory fatigue), but its longevity is still going strong. And in the base, the scent becomes increasingly sweeter. The base becomes a lot like DHI with its cocoa / vanilla / cedar mixture, although I can't shake the impression of sandalwood in the base, but the opening and the heart is really striking and is where the soul of this perfume is to be found (in my opinion).

So these are just my initial thoughts--I only had one spray to the wrist, and tomorrow I will do a full wearing and report back.

This is an A+ in my view, at least for now, and for fans of the Dior Homme line, a safe blind buy and worth the expensive asking price in my opinion.
    Last edited by gtsb; 10th August 2014 at 02:32 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Wow thanks for the review.

Very excited. I very much want a bottle of this...now I wonder if french Sephora will ship to US, as it says it's in stock.

Yes! I've always said numerous times in "what scent would you like to see" threads, one I'd love to see is a EDP/Parfum version of DH, based on the original scent/proportions. My favourite part of the silver collar formulation was that plush iris note in the opening, glad that's seemingly an integral part of the scent.

Will be all over this one!

I hope they release a matching shower gel/deo too.
    Last edited by Duke Hunt; 8th August 2014 at 01:09 AM.

Blog Entries

Thanks so much, gtsb--great review! Looking forward to hear more of your thoughts and impressions...
    Check out my personal blog: http://stayathomedadfindsacologne.com

"Perfume and incense make the heart glad..."

-Proverbs 27:9

Quote Originally Posted by Quattroporte View Post
    Very interesting. Let's hope for the best.
    I agree...

Awesome review gtsb!

Everyone, go forth and purchase before this s--t is reformulated.

Where do I sign up?!

I find it difficult to find an occasion to actually wear DHI.
    A formal wedding or dinner in the winter seems to be ideal.

I have a July 2013 bottle with the darker juice, and how the above was described, it sounds similar to the rundown of mine.
    I hope you all are not getting all worked up over the most recent reformulation of DHI with a "Parfum" slapped on the front.

Give it a wide berth Basenotes.
    FragReviews.com - A Fresh Perspective

For Sale - For Swap - Niche & Designer - Bottles & Samples - Updated 10/09

Count me in!

Love DH and DHI. This is right up my alley.

The original Dior Homme EDT is an seriously great fragrance. It's also the only fragrance Bertrand Duchaufour told an interviewer he wished he had made. Dior Homme Intense is a suffocating vanilla bomb camouflaging ninety percent of everything good about the original Dior Homme. The flankers, including the new Eau, aren't much better.

A concentrated version of the original EDT would be interesting, but that probably won't be the case since increases in concentration often include to some degree a change in the balance of the formula. Looking forward to seeing what audience they're aiming for. Francois Demachy should know how to make it work if Dior let him do what he wanted.
    Last edited by pluran; 8th August 2014 at 04:21 AM.

I'm actually wearing DHI right now, and i have liked all versions of DH so i hope i'll get to try this one out but i'm confident about it!

Quote Originally Posted by gtsb View Post
    All right folks.

As it so happens, I am in Paris right now, and after I saw this thread, I went to the Galeries Lafeyette to see if they had this mysterious "Dior Homme Parfum." They did. The SA working there said it was top secret and that basically it had its surprise premier on Friday and that it will be exclusive to Paris (maybe to Galeries Lafeyettes?) until September.

The Dior Homme Parfum is real, and it is no joke. That is to say: in my personal opinion, it is OUTSTANDING. It is not just a rebranding of Dior Homme Intense, but is its own thing, and it is incredible. I would say, get ready for the hype train, but I don't know if this will appeal to everyone the way DHI does.

As for me, I sprayed it on today, had a "wow" experience, and immediately bought the bottle on the spot. I may head back tomorrow to buy a back up bottle, it was that good.

Some initial impressions. This is at least as powerful as Dior Homme Intense, if not more so. When you spray it on, you can see the increased concentration--it goes on oily on skin. The initial blast is very heavy on the iris. For those who don't like the "lipstick" smell of Dior Homme, this is probably not good news for you. But for those of you who do (as I do), it is an extremely striking opening. It is striking, breathtaking even.

The top notes go away and the iris fades into the background as it goes into the heart. A dusty bitter-sweet wood note comes to the fore at this stage. I know this is going to sound strange, but this phase of the perfume reminded me very much of Slumberhouse Ore. I don't know if it is cocoa, but there was a sort of dark cocoa / woody effect, but much drier in the mid phase than Dior Homme Intense. There is a floral sheen in the background (perhaps lavender?) that prevents it from getting too heavy, but it is still dark and extremely rich. I thought I could detect some sandalwood in there, but I don't know what the official notes are.

After 7 hours, I can't tell if there is still projection (I am not a good judge of this since I tend to get olfactory fatigue), but its longevity is still going strong. And in the base, the scent becomes increasingly sweeter. The base becomes a lot like DHI with this cocoa / vanilla / cedar mixture, although I can't shake the impression of sandalwood in the base, but the opening and the heart is really striking and is where the soul of this perfume is to be found (in my opinion).

So these are just my initial thoughts--I only had one spray to the wrist, and tomorrow I will do a full wearing and report back.

This is an A+ in my view, at least for now, and for fans of the Dior Homme line, a safe blind buy and worth the expensive asking price in my opinion.
    Thank you for your first impressions gtsb. It looks outstanding. I just hope that it wont make DHI "obsolete"
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Wow! Looking forward to this. I love DHI, and have been very impressed with all the Dior Parfums so far.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Quote Originally Posted by ILikePeeps View Post
    Dior Homme Parfum: Chocolate with crushed iris petals... literally. Jk. I'm interested.
    How do you know that?

OK, today I am doing a full wearing (three sprays, one to the chest, one to the wrist, one to the neck). I haven't really changed from my initial impressions: there is an opening blast of iris that goes into the background (but never fully disappears) and morphs into a somewhat drier and woodier heart than DHI.

The more I smell, the more I think there is sandalwood in this scent, and quite a bit of it (whether synthetic or natural I cannot tell).

What is certain is that the heart of the Parfum is drier (less sweet) than DHI: a dusky and dark wood with the warmth of sandalwood. The vanilla impression is still there, but it has been toned down.

If yesterday is any indication, and after two hours I'm getting this sense, the perfume evolves toward the vanilla base of DHI--but with the iris and woods still toning down the vanilla and making this indeed more of an intensified Dior Homme rather than a simple "vanilla bomb."

Will DHI be rendered obsolete by the Parfum? Maybe... DHI seems a bit smoother and sweeter and more of a crowd pleaser, the Parfum is duskier and drier. I suspect, although cannot say with certainty, that the Parfum will delight the perfume aficionado more than DHI, but that DHI will remain more popular overall. I haven't done a side by side comparison to DHI yet--maybe I'll do that tomorrow. Although it is too early to tell, right now I prefer the Parfum to DHI.

Again, the overall effect of the Parfum is so deep, rich and warm... this will be an excellent fall and winter scent, and yes, it is sexy as hell.
    Last edited by gtsb; 8th August 2014 at 09:30 AM.

Basenotes Institution

A more intense sandalwood base note sounds awesome.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Dior in a rave of male Parfum - Bravo!
    Looking forward to this! Thanks for the info.

I passed by a Dior counter yesterday and they confirmed what gtsb says above: the parfum will be on general release from September (here in France, at least; I didn't ask about international distribution).

If it is indeed closer to DH than DHI, that's very good news as far as I'm concerned. Might try to get to Galeries Lafayette this weekend for a sniff.

Basenotes Plus

Anyone know if France's Sephora website will ship international? Not fluent in French

Quote Originally Posted by sdotlow View Post
    Anyone know if France's Sephora website will ship international? Not fluent in French
    France only, I'm afraid.

Interesting, will they be releasing it in the UK any time soon?

Quote Originally Posted by saminlondon View Post
    France only, I'm afraid.
    I've ordered from them before with no problems (delivered to UK). And I'm doing it again. Code LUCKY25 gives 25 euros off which more than covers the P+P.