Code of Conduct
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Default Re: Dior Homme Parfum!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by timdoeswell View Post
    Website Cityperfume.com.au.

$160 as with DJs as killua reported, but use the discount code CPERFUME for 20% off.
    Shipping is $8.95, so shipped it's $137.95.

Not too shabby.
    Thank you both for the info. Just ordered mine for $156
    My favorites in no particular order:

Vintage Antaeus, Vintage Bel Ami, Puredistance M, Vetiver Extraordinaire, Tauer L'Air du Desert Marocain, MDCI Invasion Barbare, Morabito Or Black, Sycomore, Gucci Pour Homme I, Geranium Pour Monsieur, Avignon, Bois D'Ascese

Can someone remind me when this comes out in the USA ? I am wetting my pants in anticipation.

Just sampled it...

Dior is most probably my favorite fragrance house and I really love the Dior Homme Line ; yet I won't add the Parfum to my wardrobe.
    Too sweet and cloying for my place...this great fragrance just Needs cold/cool weather.

I can really enjoy Eau Sauvage Parfum and Fahrenheit Parfum just fine on (my) fall/winter evenings here in the Tropics...DHI is a much much better option for my location...and all the above mentionned are far less sweet/gourmand/cloying for me.

I have no doubt those of you living in a place with real fall/winter will greatly enjoy this great release from Dior !

Regards,
    LJD

I picked this up 2 weeks ago from Sephora France and it arraived 2 days later to london. I took it to my local Fenwicks Dior counter and the females loved it (thought it was fake at first because it's not even on diors website). I think it needs to be colder to wear this its not as sweet and light as the dior Homme and intense but thicker and like a 80% chocolate bar which is dark and bitter. The bottle is thick glass like the Gucci pour homme and houses 75ml parfum whereas the DHI has 100ml yet is the exact same size bottle with thinner glass to squeeze the extra 25ml.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyb50 View Post
    I took it to my local Fenwicks Dior counter and the females loved it (thought it was fake at first because it's not even on diors website).
    Why did you take it to Fenwick's? Seems rather an odd thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by saminlondon View Post
    France only, I'm afraid.
    No they ship to Western Europe too. I have ordered from their shop twice. Among others the Pure malt and Pure Havane, which were both available all the time the 'news' of limited editions of Pure Malt and Pure havane were the news on this site........
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking

Quote Originally Posted by Marais View Post
    There is some sweetness to be sure - I wouldn't call it dry. I just had another sniff to remind myself. It is definitely sweeter than Dior Homme EdT, and a tad sweeter than DHI, at least 'straight out the bottle'.
    Quote Originally Posted by LJD View Post
    Just sampled it...

Dior is most probably my favorite fragrance house and I really love the Dior Homme Line ; yet I won't add the Parfum to my wardrobe.
    Too sweet and cloying for my place...this great fragrance just Needs cold/cool weather.
    Hmm, that's a concern as I'm often intolerant of sweetness in scents, although for DHI it was the vanilla overdose that put me off. If it is a balanced ambery sweetness it may work for autumn/winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Darjeeling View Post
    Hmm, that's a concern as I'm often intolerant of sweetness in scents, although for DHI it was the vanilla overdose that put me off. If it is a balanced ambery sweetness it may work for autumn/winter.
    I find the drydown has about the same sweetness level as DHI. I managed to wear it in a UK summer without finding it cloying, but doubtless it would be better suited to cooler temperatures.
    He boiled for our sins

It sounded like a cool weather scent anyway. I can deal with sweetness that is balanced by a dryness like I find in things like Ambre Sultan or even LIDGE. Will definitely sample rather than blind buy. Still intrigued this and it sounds like a better fit for me than DHI.

Dior homme parfum and Dior homme instense side by side
    Attached Images Attached Images

I finally tried DHP on the skin today... it is a monster and of very high quality.
    I don't own a bottle of DH or DHI, so I am no expert, but to me, DHP was very different to both.

As it dried down, what I actually started to pickup was a similarity to M7 (2002) and Fahrenheit Parfum (2014).
    I realise that my nose is probably honing in on the oud in the base, but FP & DHP left me thinking how far ahead of their time YSL were when they launched M7 in 2002.

Quote Originally Posted by thatmakesscents View Post
    Can someone remind me when this comes out in the USA ? I am wetting my pants in anticipation.
    Yeah does anyone know if it will be available in the Dior NYC

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by timdoeswell View Post
    Website Cityperfume.com.au.

$160 as with DJs as killua reported, but use the discount code CPERFUME for 20% off.
    Shipping is $8.95, so shipped it's $137.95.

Not too shabby.
    They do ship to the U.S. and the coupon still works, so it came to $156.35. It will probably take a few weeks as it usually does from Australia.

I'm a huge DH/DHI fanboy … I've got so many bottles for no apparent reason. I stocked up like a crazy squirrel in the winter. I don't like the Eau for men or the new cologne (loved the original cologne) I like the sport (don't love it) …. so I was very sceptical when I saw another flanker. This one did not disappoint at all. Nothing will beat DHI and DH to me but this stuff is good.
    Top 5
    1. Gucci PH2
    2. Aventus
    3. Armani Privé Rose D'arabie
    4. Creed GIT
    5. Dior Homme/Intense

Current swap list found here ... http://tinyurl.com/9udvk8q

Thumbs up Re: Dior Homme Parfum!?!?

I love it. It remembers me Guerlain SHALIMAR
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Actually am beginning to like this even more than DH and DHI.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyb50 View Post
    Dior homme parfum and Dior homme instense side by side
    Thank You for this picture Mike!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Actually am beginning to like this even more than DH and DHI.
    A fellow Basenoter was kind enough to send me a sample, and I have to agree with you. This one is a very nice ,rich, full bodied leather. The iris is there, albeit toned down a bit, while the sandalwood is also a noticeable and prevalent player. This is the most masculine smelling of the Dior Homme line that I have smelled, so anyone concerned about it smelling too feminine need not worry, this one is for a well groomed man out for an expensive night on the town. It has a bit of a playful side, but definitely strikes me as a a more mature than casual scent. Overall, I personally like it the best in the Dior Homme line.

So eager to try this one.

My retailer had it for sale when I passed by yesterday. I didn't even notice it was there but the SA remembered that I asked when they'd get it and brought me a sample strip without me asking for it.

Another SA asked me if I wore DHI in the past and how I think this compares to the rest of the line.

In my opinion this is a very interesting take on Dior Homme. For me, DH and DHI have always been 2 completely different fragrances. Dior Homme Parfum is a higher concentrated and more intense DH that's been added a slight bit of playfulness from DHI. Very classy and not cloying.

This is my favourite Dior fragrance.

My bottle is currently making it's way from Sephora.fr (thanks to the kind person above who shared the lucky25 discount) and has an estimated delivery of tomorrow afternoon. I can't wait, will hopefully be my SOTD for the England match at Wembley

Potency update. I wore 3 sprays yesterday and am comparing with 3 sprays of DHI today. Parfum is definitely stronger in both projection and longevity. Will go with 2 sprays next time. I think it's a bit deceptive, being all about the basenotes.
    He boiled for our sins

Máscara Almizclado

Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan View Post
    This one is a very nice ,rich, full bodied leather. The iris is there, albeit toned down a bit, while the sandalwood is also a noticeable and prevalent player.... Overall, I personally like it the best in the Dior Homme line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Souryu View Post
    This is my favourite Dior fragrance.
    Enough with the teasing already... I want to get my nose on this ASAP!

Ok, so I visited a perfume shop today to sniff around and to my surprise, they had Dior Homme Parfum.
    I was the first one that wanted to try it according to the SA.
    She sprayed DHP 3 times on a scent strip and gave it to me.
    Let me start by saying that I'm a huge DHI fan.
    DHI was a fast decision. Scent strip. Test on skin. Buy. All in 15 minutes.
    Dior Homme Parfum completely blew my mind... because of how ridiculously underwhelming it is to me.
    All I'm smelling is a butchering of DHI where the gourmand aspects are completely taken away.
    The iris topnotes are faint and paired with something I almost perceive as oldmanish.
    It's not sexy or seductive to me.
    I kept smelling the test strip for a long time but nothing happened.
    I didn't even want to try it on my skin.
    To make things even worse, the (female) SA didn't like it either. She hated it.
    To add even more insult to injury, the Bleu de Chanel EDP made a better impression on me.
    I almost bought it actually.

I just can't believe that this happened.

I think this one changes on skin quite a bit... sometimes it is sweet, sometimes it is dry and woody on my skin. Sometimes it projects, sometimes it stays close to the skin... probably depends on temperature etc.

On my skin this runs not as sweet (although not by much) as DHI. Not as sparkly as DH nor as smooth as DHI but heavier and richer, rather. I'm still really liking this one, but waiting for fall and winter when I think this will really bloom.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressor View Post
    Ok, so I visited a perfume shop today to sniff around and to my surprise, they had Dior Homme Parfum.
    I was the first one that wanted to try it according to the SA.
    She sprayed DHP 3 times on a scent strip and gave it to me.
    Let me start by saying that I'm a huge DHI fan.
    DHI was a fast decision. Scent strip. Test on skin. Buy. All in 15 minutes.
    Dior Homme Parfum completely blew my mind... because of how ridiculously underwhelming it is to me.
    All I'm smelling is a butchering of DHI where the gourmand aspects are completely taken away.
    The iris topnotes are faint and paired with something I almost perceive as oldmanish.
    It's not sexy or seductive to me.
    To make things even worse, the (female) SA didn't like it either. She hated it.
    To add even more insult to injury, the Bleu de Chanel EDP made a better impression on me.
    I almost bought it actually.

I just can't believe that this happened.
    May I ask where you found DH parfum in the states?

Quote Originally Posted by CapriDog View Post
    May I ask where you found DH parfum in the states?
    I tried it in Belgium.

I tried it in Belgium.
    Cool thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by gtsb View Post
    I think this one changes on skin quite a bit...
    gtsb is right. I don't think you can get an accurate assessment of a fragrance by smelling it on a test strip. How it reacts to and evolves on skin is EVERYTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by gtsb View Post
    ...waiting for fall and winter when I think this will really bloom.
    Agreed. Also I find this behaves a bit like Valentino Uomo, in that the initial sweetness recedes after the first hour or so; initial impressions may mislead.
    He boiled for our sins